Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

US proportion of deaths is approximately 5 times what it should be relative to the population.

That's not because we were too careful.
There are countries with higher deaths per capita than the US that had much stricter preventative measures in place. Then look at the states with the highest deaths per capita. Some of the ones with the best results did the least while states like New York lead the way and have been locked down the entire time (take away the actual nursing home deaths, their numbers look a little better).

Your 5x number is compared to the world average but is flawed. It takes into account all the countries who don't have the testing capabilities of the US. It also includes countries that don't report honest numbers (China, Russia, etc.). Also, China had provinces locked down for months so strictly that people would be arrested for leaving their homes.

AND like another poster said, our numbers have been inflated at times. Vehicle deaths, random accidents, homicides, comorbidities have been reported as Covid deaths because the person had Covid at the time of death rather than died because of Covid.

We have now reported almost as many tests as India and China COMBINED. Almost 1 for every American, over 300 million. That's a crazy statistic. With access to medical care and the mass availability of rapid tests, I can assure that our actual number is even higher than the reported number.

Also LG's "5x" mortality statistic is completely absurd. At 1/5, it would put us around the same level as the Isle of Man, and a fraction of every civilized Western nation in the world. We are basically middle of the pack, as it stands, despite having an older population, freedom, and the ability to travel at ease.

US proportion of deaths is approximately 5 times what it should be relative to the population.

Let's see:

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
We are 17 in case fatality rate. We are third in per capita. In both cases behind european countries with mask mandates.

As someone else said we have done more than 300 million tests. Third most. Where else did you see third most? Oh yeah in the per capita deaths.
COVID-19 testing rate by country | Statista

In all cases the UK is higher than us and they have draconian mask laws. So take your bs and tell them how much masks work.

Let's see:

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
We are 17 in case fatality rate. We are third in per capita. In both cases behind european countries with mask mandates.

As someone else said we have done more than 300 million tests. Third most. Where else did you see third most? Oh yeah in the per capita deaths.
COVID-19 testing rate by country | Statista

In all cases the UK is higher than us and they have draconian mask laws. So take your bs and tell them how much masks work.

You are looking at rate of deaths compared to number of infections.
I'm talking about our deaths per population, not per infection.

It's because they didn't take a targeted approach to protect the vulnerable and let the rest get to work. This lockdown will kill more than the virus can and will have laying effects for decades on our economy and freedoms

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Around 40% of all deaths were nursing home related. Many leaders, in the party of science, thought it wise to shove sick people in nursing homes. But yea let's biatch about Trump.

There are countries with higher deaths per capita than the US that had much stricter preventative measures in place. Then look at the states with the highest deaths per capita. Some of the ones with the best results did the least while states like New York lead the way and have been locked down the entire time (take away the actual nursing home deaths, their numbers look a little better).

Your 5x number is compared to the world average but is flawed. It takes into account all the countries who don't have the testing capabilities of the US. It also includes countries that don't report honest numbers (China, Russia, etc.). Also, China had provinces locked down for months so strictly that people would be arrested for leaving their homes.

AND like another poster said, our numbers have been inflated at times. Vehicle deaths, random accidents, homicides, comorbidities have been reported as Covid deaths because the person had Covid at the time of death rather than died because of Covid.

You're assuming we're 5x the world average? Based on what? LG gave no such evidence. Don't buy what you read on the internet w/o proof. I think the good Dr is right. The world avg is not a fifth of ours. In fact developed countries like UK and Italy have much higher death rates than ours

Once again you post crap with no backup. Per population (deaths per 100K) the US isn't even in the top ten. The Doc is right. A fifth of our death rate would put us at about the Isle of Man and Libya:

Tracking coronavirus’ global spread

I have no problem with you serving the role of contrarian here and gauging the response of the right wing but do so factually with backup. Otherwise we waste too much time just proving that your premise is not factual.

Here's a pet peeve of mine in the local Cincinnati paper in this article the authors attempt to make a case for racial discrimination in terms of vaccine distribution and they throw this out:

DeWine and public health officials caution the vaccination campaign is young. As of Saturday, 788,858 Ohioans have started the course, a little more than 6% of the state's 11.7 million residents. As supply slowly grows, rationing will lift, and more sites will open to vaccinate. But the state’s first focus on the oldest and sickest Ohioans plus front-line medical workers and teachers meant that as of Jan. 30, 68% of people who have received at least one shot are white.

Problem is, that number of 68% is far below the census number of whites in Ohio numbering 81%

U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Ohio

In the name of balance and full disclosure, why didn't the article mention this fact? Sounds to me like a disproportionate amount of minorities are getting the vaccine

COVID-19: Barely 5% of Ohioans vaccinated so far are Black. Here's why

This is still another example of blatant left wing media bias

Here's a pet peeve of mine in the local Cincinnati paper in this article the authors attempt to make a case for racial discrimination in terms of vaccine distribution and they throw this out:

Problem is, that number of 68% is far below the census number of whites in Ohio numbering 81%

U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Ohio

In the name of balance and full disclosure, why didn't the article mention this fact? Sounds to me like a disproportionate amount of minorities are getting the vaccine

COVID-19: Barely 5% of Ohioans vaccinated so far are Black. Here's why

This is still another example of blatant left wing media bias
You’re forgetting one key principle, everything now has to be viewed through the lens of social justice and BLM.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back