Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You’re forgetting one key principle, everything now has to be viewed through the lens of social justice and BLM.

I understand, just do it factually and the reader can decide. When pertinent facts are left out, it leaves the reader wondering why he's wasting his time reading such crap...

This is a very dangerous approach by Fauci. Of concern to me is this quote.
“So, if you have a physical covering with one layer, you put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective and that’s the reason why you see people either double masking or doing a version of an N95,” Fauci said this week.

The bold, underlined, and red (by me) phrase should light the fuse on the powder keg of citizen unrest. Are we to allow the ruling class this power? Their flag is planted on a mirage of moral high ground when in fact that ground is shifting sand blown by the wind of fear. There is neither firmness nor substance. They claim to relay the 'science' when it suites their agenda. And when the science doesn't suite their agenda, their edict is clearly conjecture and conditional. In both cases, they wield identical authority. Fauci has too much power. It is past time for him to be relegated to irrelevance.

Last edited:
This is a very dangerous approach by Fauci. Of concern to me is this quote.
“So, if you have a physical covering with one layer, you put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective and that’s the reason why you see people either double masking or doing a version of an N95,” Fauci said this week.

The bold, underlined, and red (by me) phrase should light the fuse on the powder keg of citizen unrest. Are we to allow the ruling class to this power? Their flag is planted on a mirage of moral high ground when in fact that ground is shifting sand blown by the wind of fear. There is neither firmness nor substance. They claim to relay the 'science' when it suites their agenda. And when the science doesn't suite their agenda, their edict is clearly conjecture and conditional. In both cases, they wield identical authority. Fauci has too much power. It is past time for him to be relegated to irrelevance.
Fauci is a lying sack of crap. Anyone in that high of a position that admittedly lies should be canned immediately.

You're assuming we're 5x the world average? Based on what? LG gave no such evidence. Don't buy what you read on the internet w/o proof. I think the good Dr is right. The world avg is not a fifth of ours. In fact developed countries like UK and Italy have much higher death rates than ours
I didn't buy what I read without proof.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Our deaths per population are 1362/million. Dividing by 5, gives us 272.4/million, close to the world average of 287.4/million.

Like I said above though, LG's reasoning is flawed. And I gave many examples why.

Reactions: hUTch2002
I didn't buy what I read without proof.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 103,673,925 Cases and 2,241,052 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Our deaths per population are 1362/million. Dividing by 5, gives us 272.4/million, close to the world average of 287.4/million.

Like I said above though, LG's reasoning is flawed. And I gave many examples why.

Do you really think the world average is 287? Do you really trust the numbers of a lot of those countries below us? Let's take India since they have the second most people in all the world. Most of their deaths don't even occur in a hospital. You think their number is anywhere close to accurate? Think again:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/asia/india-covid-death-rate-explainer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

There's not a single country below 287 that's analogous to the USA.

Do you really think the world average is 287? Do you really trust the numbers of a lot of those countries below us? Let's take India since they have the second most people in all the world. Most of their deaths don't even occur in a hospital. You think their number is anywhere close to accurate? Think again:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/asia/india-covid-death-rate-explainer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

No, and I said that. I said that a lot of countries aren't honest with their numbers, specifically China and Russia. And I said MANY don't have the testing capabilities. Like @kiddiedoc said, we lead the way in testing, and it's not close. And yes, many like India aren't able to accurately track or determine cause of all their deaths.

I'm not sure why you're trying to argue with me. I agree with what you're saying.

JUST IN: The Biden administration has lost track of 20 million COVID-19 vaccine doses. They are worried that "the crucial supply is boxed away in warehouses, sitting idle in freezers or floating elsewhere...” (Politico)

The blame has been placed on the Trump administration, with Julie Morita, a member of Biden's transition team, claiming that Biden's team did not have enough information during the transition process.

You absolutely cannot compare data across countries. It’s hard enough to compare against states in this country.

Which major leader said this with regard to listening to health officials about Covid

“When I say ‘experts’ in air quotes, it sounds like I’m saying I don’t really trust the experts. Because I don’t. Because I don’t,”

No, and I said that. I said that a lot of countries aren't honest with their numbers, specifically China and Russia. And I said MANY don't have the testing capabilities. Like @kiddiedoc said, we lead the way in testing, and it's not close. And yes, many like India aren't able to accurately track or determine cause of all their deaths.

I'm not sure why you're trying to argue with me. I agree with what you're saying.

I don't know why you think I'm arguing. I'm piggybacking on. If India and China aren't giving accurate numbers (something we agree on)then how do we know what the worldwide avg is?

Which major leader said this with regard to listening to health officials about Covid

“When I say ‘experts’ in air quotes, it sounds like I’m saying I don’t really trust the experts. Because I don’t. Because I don’t,”
Experts are mostly self-proclaimed as such and never have to face repercussions for being wrong. It’s a great gig

Reactions: Kristy*

There is a mass surplus of rapid tests, now, and many are run without reporting through a hospital system or lab (on employees, esp). I wonder if the ones run on athletes every few days are counted, as well.

Experts are mostly self-proclaimed as such and never have to face repercussions for being wrong. It’s a great gig

well, this is a quote from Cuomo - the single greatest leader in the history of Covid leadership.

funny too we are learning that he set policy then asked his "experts" to provide the data to back him up.

just one more example of how the media got it wrong

There is a mass surplus of rapid tests, now, and many are run without reporting through a hospital system or lab (on employees, esp). I wonder if the ones run on athletes every few days are counted, as well.
The tests run on UT athletes are sent to a lab. The lab has a less than 24 turn-around on results. To my knowledge, they report those results to the state with all their other statewide test results. I didn't know that quick tests weren't always reported, but I'm not surprised.

VN Store

Back