Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Allow me to give more facts that the MSM doesn't give in regards to this pandemic. I'd say my state of Ohio is a pretty middle of the road state in regards to C19 cases. We're a state of 11 mill and we currently have about 3300 cases/day. But that doesn't tell the whole story. In fact those numbers are not terribly significant. What's significant is how many folks are going to the hospital and how many are getting really sick. So allow me to give you the numbers that the Press does not...

C19 patients as of 2-12-21:

-6.53% of state hospital beds
-10.12% of ICU beds
-6.74% of ventilators

A month ago Ohio had over 5000 C19 patients in hospitals. Today it's 1799.

I stated a couple months ago (and these comments did not get many likes from conservatives here on VN) that the thing to watch with regards to C19 is whether it's overwhelming our health system. I stand by those comments and as of today, it's nowhere near overwhelming our health system. I don't care how many of those 3300 cases are at home blowing their nose. I care how many need hospital care and how many are in the ICU. Our hospital beds are 64% full yet only 6.53% are C19 patients. Our ICU beds are 61% full yet only 10% of those are C19 patients.

Key Metrics on Hospitalizations

It's time to move on folks. Keep the vaccinations going but let's open the schools, let's open the doors to baseball games this Spring. Let's open the doors to the SEC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament in Indiana. I would recommend that only folks 65 and older who have been vaccinated attend but let's allow people to decide on their own risk and if there is a spike, our health system can handle it.

Allow me to give more facts that the MSM doesn't give in regards to this pandemic. I'd say my state of Ohio is a pretty middle of the road state in regards to C19 cases. We're a state of 11 mill and we currently have about 3300 cases/day. But that doesn't tell the whole story. In fact those numbers are not terribly significant. What's significant is how many folks are going to the hospital and how many are getting really sick. So allow me to give you the numbers that the Press does not...

C19 patients as of 2-12-21:

-6.53% of state hospital beds
-10.12% of ICU beds
-6.74% of ventilators

A month ago Ohio had over 5000 C19 patients in hospitals. Today it's 1799.

I stated a couple months ago (and these comments did not get many likes from conservatives here on VN) that the thing to watch with regards to C19 is whether it's overwhelming our health system. I stand by those comments and as of today, it's nowhere near overwhelming our health system. I don't care how many of those 3300 cases are at home blowing their nose. I care how many need hospital care and how many are in the ICU. Our hospital beds are 64% full yet only 6.53% are C19 patients. Our ICU beds are 61% full yet only 10% of those are C19 patients.

Key Metrics on Hospitalizations

It's time to move on folks. Keep the vaccinations going but let's open the schools, let's open the doors to baseball games this Spring. Let's open the doors to the SEC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament in Indiana. I would recommend that only folks 65 and older who have been vaccinated attend but let's allow people to decide on their own risk and if there is a spike, our health system can handle it.
But if things go back to normal everyone dies. The science tells us.

Not necessarily. There have been at least 5 teachers that have died from Covid in the past month here in Georgia. It is not the same curve.

I can’t find the 5 that died , all articles are about the 2 dying within 24 hours of each other in the same Cobb country school district and none of the articles say they got it from the schools being opened . 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Some of us disagree with idea that freedom is dumb
No kidding. After reading his post, I realized that we are dealing with a moron. This guy said it pretty well:

iu

Reactions: VolStrom
I can’t find the 5 that died , all articles are about the 2 dying within 24 hours of each other in the same Cobb country school district and none of the articles say they got it from the schools being opened . 🤷‍♂️
You had the one that supposedly had the RBG death bed wish of just wear a mask. That totally didnt get politicized at all at the next school board meeting. No really, why dont you believe me.

Reactions: 0nelilreb

Well we got 50 million vaccinated in this country alone and now we hear of someone dropping dead. It does appear that this is that post C19 inflammatory reaction in the body that some people experience. Antibodies wouldn't be of much help at that point. We'll see what the autopsy says but at this point it appears that this was going to happen to this guy regardless of whether he got a vaccine or not

What are your thoughts? Vaccine contributed? Vaccine didn't work? Combination of vaccine after illness? Late acting symptoms after virus cleared? What usually causes MIS?
It's really hard to say. You would certainly have to consider vaccine-associated MIS. It's possible that he had CV at some point in the past (apparently, he had antibodies to other CV proteins than what is mimicked by the vaccine -- the "spike" protein). That suggests that he could have suffered from what is known as antibody-dependent enhancement, in which the immune system has an overwhelming response when re-challenged.

It's only a single case and could be an extreme outlier. However, it's still concerning and warrants careful investigation.

I vote for late acting symptoms after virus cleared
That's hard for me to buy if he had such minor initial symptoms that he never he knew he was infected. The overwhelming majority of people who suffer long-lasting repercussions are sick as hell on the front end.

It's really hard to say. You would certainly have to consider vaccine-associated MIS. It's possible that he had CV at some point in the past (apparently, he had antibodies to other CV proteins than what is mimicked by the vaccine -- the "spike" protein). That suggests that he could have suffered from what is known as antibody-dependent enhancement, in which the immune system has an overwhelming response when re-challenged.

It's only a single case and could be an extreme outlier. However, it's still concerning and warrants careful investigation.
The article says MIS usually affects children. Is it extremely rare in adults or just not as common?

The article says MIS usually affects children. Is it extremely rare in adults or just not as common?
I cannot find any exact numbers, just that it "has been described" in young adults. Given case numbers of CV19, I would classify it as extremely rare.

It will be important to keep surveillance on any further cases in vaccinated patients. This could be a huge impediment to vaccine approval for children, as MIS is much more common in this age group.

Reactions: Kristy*

VN Store

Back