Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I think some of the precautions are overplayed a little . . . but that's bad logic at this point IMO. Can't tell you how many healthy 50-70 year olds I know that have been through absolute hell with Covid and a few who have died. There's a way to protect yourself without either taking draconian measures or just being in a complete state of denial and rolling the dice.

GA, what is the matter with a simple rule of protecting yourself? if you have personal fears or concerns about the virus, then you should either self-isolate or wear whatever PPE is available to you. However, for those of us that are not concerned about it, why do we have to wear a mask and social distance?

Reactions: StarRaider
I have to be that guy. I understand the point you are making, but just curious... how did they come up with that number of masks in the ocean?

Don’t really know. But I do know over the past year I have seen many photos showing masks being washed up and fisherman finding them in their nets. It’s probably not that difficult to determine. I would say the amount of masks has been tracked by different countries. That number could be way too high or too low. The undeniable fact is there are masks winding up in the ocean.

Four people have tested positive for C19 but they do not have much in the way of symptoms

State health officials are in the process of testing samples taken from the four fully vaccinated people who tested positive. They either had no symptoms or mild symptoms.

Coronavirus in Oregon: 517 new cases, 38 deaths as state reports some people fully vaccinated test positive

I do not find this alarming. The purpose of the vaccine is to keep people from "getting sick" as in out of the hospital. These folks may be in the 5% but even if they are, this is good news that they didn't get very sick. To me that means the vaccine did its job

Four people have tested positive for C19 but they do not have much in the way of symptoms

Coronavirus in Oregon: 517 new cases, 38 deaths as state reports some people fully vaccinated test positive

I do not find this alarming. The purpose of the vaccine is to keep people from "getting sick" as in out of the hospital. These folks may be in the 5% but even if they are, this is good news that they didn't get very sick. To me that means the vaccine did its job
If the CDC applied the same logic as they do for the negligible amount of reinfections, then they'd be calling for everybody to get vaccinated 60 days after being vaccinated.

Reactions: allvol123
Don’t really know. But I do know over the past year I have seen many photos showing masks being washed up and fisherman finding them in their nets. It’s probably not that difficult to determine. I would say the amount of masks has been tracked by different countries. That number could be way too high or too low. The undeniable fact is there are masks winding up in the ocean.

As someone that lives near the ocean I can’t say I have no idea what the number is but just from seeing masks in every parking lot, sidewalks , store fronts , lawns , roadways and streets .. there’s no way they aren’t in the ocean in mass quantities .

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
SIAP

CDC's New 'Reopening' Guidance Will Keep Schools Closed in the Fall

Party of Science™ at it again

"A Washington Post article first published Thursday gives some background on how the scientific method has been laundered through the political process:

In a sign of how carefully the administration is tending to the many stakeholders, the CDC met with more than 70 organizations as it crafted the upcoming guidelines, according to a person familiar with the outreach who was not authorized to discuss it. Groups ranged from the country's two major teachers unions — whose presidents met directly with Biden's CDC head — to organizations focused on children with disabilities, parent groups and even a group focused on charter schools.​

Stakeholder science it is!"

2/13 84,000 daily cases is the lowest in the U.S. since Nov 3. The 7-day average is down almost 70% from the peak in early January!

Why though , did they decide to start counting the flu again instead of putting everything under covid ?

Why though , did they decide to start counting the flu again instead of putting everything under covid ?
I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking.

This is the flu surveillance site I use Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report | CDC

As you can see, flu activity remains unusually low, nationwide. I haven't personally diagnosed a case since last March.

Reactions: VolnJC and Kristy*
Reactions: GSD82
I haven’t heard of many with the flu this year , it’s all Covid instead .
We had people here who were sick and they got tested for Covid. Tested negative. Got worse and called doctor. Docs office told them to take over the counter medicine, there are other viruses out there

I'll give an update on my vaccine experience. I got the second dose of Moderna a little over two days ago (Fri AM). Very few problems that day. The next day I woke up with a fairly sore arm. It was very difficult to lift it above my shoulder. 36 hrs after the shot I was getting mild body aches. 48 hrs later I woke up at about 98% . Body aches dissipated after a good night's sleep. Arm is ever so slightly tight when I lift it above shoulder. All in all none of these side effects were a big deal. None of it affected my activities. Despite the horror stories you hear about shot #2, research shows that only about 20% have those severe issues. Hence I'm in the 80%. My wife had even fewer problems than I did. There was no fever or lethargy. Shot one gave me no issues whatsoever. It was like they gave me a placebo.

Wasn't New Zealand one of the latest in the ever moving goalposts of the Corona Bros "if only Trump would have followed their lead" guess all they are left with now are the Northern Mariana Islands still no new cases!

VN Store

Back