Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Reactions: FLVOL_79
That's hard for me to buy if he had such minor initial symptoms that he never he knew he was infected. The overwhelming majority of people who suffer long-lasting repercussions are sick as hell on the front end.
Yeah, that bothers me too. It'd have to be extremely rare but how rare is vaccine associated MIS?

I brought this up a week ago. It's theorized that the folks with harsh vaccine side effects are probably people who already had C19. IMO the take home lesson here is: if you've had C19, don't run out and get the vaccine right away. I think it's fair to say that the vaccine wasn't studied on people who had a history of having C19

Reactions: Vol737 and DC_Vol
So, strange question here regarding the vaccine. I've of course seen the COVID-19 vaccination cards, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the likelihood/feasibility of government-mandated vaccinations prior to air travel or access to specific buildings (obviously, there's no way that Walmart or Taco Bell are going to be able to enforce any sort of vaccination requirement in their establishments).

1. What happens on the hospital's (or wherever you're going) end once you've received your vaccine dose(s)? You get an incredibly official piece of construction paper with a few signatures and a stamp, sure, but is this being immediately logged into a Knox County database that then gets shared with the Tennessee Department of Health? Martha Buchanan ultimately seems like a very nice woman, but is either unable or unwilling to answer vague and overarching questions regarding vaccination breakdowns by demographic which implies to me that these records might still be on pieces of paper strewn across various hospitals and clinics (which seems problematic).
  2. Even if everything has been perfectly logged into a database since the get-go, am I crazy for thinking that there's almost no chance of establishing a national vaccination database? Not only would you require 50 states to play nicely with one another, which is a lot easier said than done, but does anyone trust the federal government's ability to maintain an accurate list of vaccines that can be readily shared with TSA and any other enforcer of these regulations?
I'm sure that you could just "ask" if passengers have been vaccinated, kind of like how you're subject to an inquiry upon check-in that you haven't experienced any symptoms over the last fourteen days, but I'm struggling to see how you'd be able to systematically track the vaccination history of a passenger at this point.

So, strange question here regarding the vaccine. I've of course seen the COVID-19 vaccination cards, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the likelihood/feasibility of government-mandated vaccinations prior to air travel or access to specific buildings (obviously, there's no way that Walmart or Taco Bell are going to be able to enforce any sort of vaccination requirement in their establishments).

1. What happens on the hospital's (or wherever you're going) end once you've received your vaccine dose(s)? You get an incredibly official piece of construction paper with a few signatures and a stamp, sure, but is this being immediately logged into a Knox County database that then gets shared with the Tennessee Department of Health? Martha Buchanan ultimately seems like a very nice woman, but is either unable or unwilling to answer vague and overarching questions regarding vaccination breakdowns by demographic which implies to me that these records might still be on pieces of paper strewn across various hospitals and clinics (which seems problematic).
  2. Even if everything has been perfectly logged into a database since the get-go, am I crazy for thinking that there's almost no chance of establishing a national vaccination database? Not only would you require 50 states to play nicely with one another, which is a lot easier said than done, but does anyone trust the federal government's ability to maintain an accurate list of vaccines that can be readily shared with TSA and any other enforcer of these regulations?
I'm sure that you could just "ask" if passengers have been vaccinated, kind of like how you're subject to an inquiry upon check-in that you haven't experienced any symptoms over the last fourteen days, but I'm struggling to see how you'd be able to systematically track the vaccination history of a passenger at this point.
iu

Interesting the article on the Memphis doctor did not mention which vaccine he got. I'm sure that omission was not random

As little as 13% of people who get coronavirus develop symptoms: study

"Now, a new study suggests asymptomatic cases might represent a large majority of infections.

The results suggested that just 13% to 18% of COVID-19 cases were symptomatic โ€” between one in five and one in seven."

Two things that I take away from this article:

1) The results suggested that just 13% to 18% of COVID-19 cases were symptomatic โ€” between one in five and one in seven...The team's resulting estimate may be higher than others because their model used a broader definition of asymptomatic cases โ€” it included people whose symptoms were so mild that they never made contact with the healthcare system. OK, this means we multiply the folks who tested positive by 5-7 then we've got a number to use as to who's got antibodies. That means we're looking at about 150 million to add to the folks that are getting vaccinated and we come up with a ballpark figure as to herd immunity "calculus".

2) Now more than ever, he added, it's important to identify as many asymptomatic cases as possible to slow transmission. How in the hell are you going to be able to identify asymptomatic cases? The article doesn't address that

What?

Those who cross the U.S. border by land will not have to isolate at a hotel, but will have to show a negative test taken within three days before arrival.

They will also have to be tested upon arrival as well as toward the end of a 14-day quarantine at home or elsewhere.

Am I reading this right? If you drive to Canada, you must

1) Get a C19 test before you arrive
2) Get another test when you step foot on Canadian soil
3) Quarantine for 14 days
4) Test again after your quarantine

Isn't that a bit redundant and not necessary? In other words this is insane. Might as well close up the touristy places in Canada. Shut down Banff Springs Hotel and much of the Canadian Rockies. There's nothing in Canada worth those restrictions

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I brought this up a week ago. It's theorized that the folks with harsh vaccine side effects are probably people who already had C19. IMO the take home lesson here is: if you've had C19, don't run out and get the vaccine right away. I think it's fair to say that the vaccine wasn't studied on people who had a history of having C19
At All!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ

Two things that I take away from this article:

1) The results suggested that just 13% to 18% of COVID-19 cases were symptomatic โ€” between one in five and one in seven...The team's resulting estimate may be higher than others because their model used a broader definition of asymptomatic cases โ€” it included people whose symptoms were so mild that they never made contact with the healthcare system. OK, this means we multiply the folks who tested positive by 5-7 then we've got a number to use as to who's got antibodies. That means we're looking at about 150 million to add to the folks that are getting vaccinated and we come up with a ballpark figure as to herd immunity "calculus".

2) Now more than ever, he added, it's important to identify as many asymptomatic cases as possible to slow transmission. How in the hell are you going to be able to identify asymptomatic cases? The article doesn't address that
These are the numbers I've been using all along to predict herd immunity, which is apparently nearing.

On point #2: the only possible avenue I could imagine would be to check for antibodies on each person before vaccinating them. That's just not practical.

VN Store

Back