Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I've already given him credit for developing a vaccine quickly. He screwed the pooch on distribution and public trust. If you develop a product that half the people don't want and the other half can't get how much credit do you think you deserve?
Trump sucks at messages but half the nation was so far down the luther rabbit hole it wouldnt have mattered what Trump did or didnt do. They wouldnt trust the vaccine.

Trump sucks at messages but half the nation was so far down the luther rabbit hole it wouldnt have mattered what Trump did or didnt do. They wouldnt trust the vaccine.
I think my favorite argument about Trump from some people is that nothing he could've/would've done would have mattered. That's not true. The words and actions of any president have a reverberating effect throughout government and the country.

Reactions: Sandman 423
I think my favorite argument about Trump from some people is that nothing he could've/would've done would have mattered. That's not true. The words and actions of any president have a reverberating effect throughout government and the country.
Words not nearly as much as you think. Actions sure. Trump wasnt much judged for what he did, but his Tweets? Oh boy.

Which is why I said he sucked at the message.

Reactions: golfballs
They absolutely have comparable agencies, whether they have equivalent standards who knows. Also, every US vaccine was given emergency approval, so the regulations hold up you're claiming is pretty moot.
Would you rather have the emergency Chicom vaccine, the emergency Soviet vaccine, or the emergency American vaccine?

Every physician I know believes that the speed by which the CV vaccine was developed, produced, and began distribution is nothing short of a medical miracle. The most rapid development of a novel vaccine prior to this took over 4 years.

Tyler is making this thread unreadable, so I'm not even going to respond to his nonsense. Please keep the discussion centered on CV. There are plenty of Trump threads, if anyone remains obsessed.

'Breakthrough' COVID-19 reported in 4 fully vaccinated individuals

Health officials in Oregon said they are investigating four so-called "breakthrough" cases of coronavirus that were detected in individuals two weeks after they received their second dose of vaccine. The illnesses range from asymptomatic to mild, according to a news release posted Friday.

"Such cases are not unexpected," the news release said. "Clinical trials of both vaccines presently in use included breakthrough cases. In those cases, even though the participants got COVID-19, the vaccines reduced the severity of illness."

I've already given him credit for developing a vaccine quickly. He screwed the pooch on distribution and public trust. If you develop a product that half the people don't want and the other half can't get how much credit do you think you deserve?

Is this giving him credit for developing the vaccine?

True but let's not pretend that the Trump administration's development of a vaccine was quicker or vastly superior to those of other countries. China, Russia, Israel, and the UK all deveped a vaccine either recently before or recently after the US.

Do you just like being abused? You make it so easy for me to prove you wrong. At least make it challenge

Every physician I know believes that the speed by which the CV vaccine was developed, produced, and began distribution is nothing short of a medical miracle. The most rapid development of a novel vaccine prior to this took over 4 years.

Tyler is making this thread unreadable, so I'm not even going to respond to his nonsense. Please keep the discussion centered on CV. There are plenty of Trump threads, if anyone remains obsessed.
There is not a drug company on the face of the earth that wants a cure for anything. It's all about dollars and treating an illness, not curing it. The pharma industry saw $$$$$ for a vaccine and jumped to attention. I have a suspicion that they can cure a lot of things, but the treatment is more lucrative than the cure. Just look at the 400 psoriasis commercials that are on every hour, do you think they want a cure?

Health officials in Oregon said they are investigating four so-called "breakthrough" cases of coronavirus that were detected in individuals two weeks after they received their second dose of vaccine. The illnesses range from asymptomatic to mild, according to a news release posted Friday.

"Such cases are not unexpected," the news release said. "Clinical trials of both vaccines presently in use included breakthrough cases. In those cases, even though the participants got COVID-19, the vaccines reduced the severity of illness."

Isn't this to be expected with (1) millions of people getting vaccinated, and (2) the vaccine being between 90-95% effective?

Reactions: Sea Ray
We have an entire system setup for online learning from the school system. Countless hours and learning by both parents and kids alike have made it somewhat work.

Tomorrow is a snow day here and online is cancelled along with traditional.

We can literally conduct school from our couch and it is cancelled because it might snow outside.

I don’t get it. Even this semi-positive thing as a result of COVID doesn’t make sense.

We have an entire system setup for online learning from the school system. Countless hours and learning by both parents and kids alike have made it somewhat work.

We can literally conduct school from our couch and it is cancelled because it might snow outside.

I don’t get it. Even this semi-positive thing as a result of COVID doesn’t make sense.

Makes perfect sense. Your typical public school system is pathetic.

Yep. UAB is closed tomorrow so I planned the group meetings that would have been live at the same time but with Zoom. I later learned that closed means closed so I technically can't require those meetings even though students can do them from home or wherever and at the same time as if we were in class.

More free time for me I guess.

Reactions: VolnJC
Yep. UAB is closed tomorrow so I planned the group meetings that would have been live at the same time but with Zoom. I later learned that closed means closed so I technically can't require those meetings even though students can do them from home or wherever and at the same time as if we were in class.

More free time for me I guess.

Enjoy!

I’ve been working from home most of the time since March so I’ve been told tomorrow is no different.

VN Store

Back