Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

More of this - let's look back at this in 3 weeks or so and see if it's really a plateau

More tests, more hospitalizations, higher positivity. This despite lots of vaccinated people. Yes, it does look like a plateau. Two straight weeks at roughly same level of hospitalizations. This would be if a third wave if the vaccine weren't counterbalancing it (nearly 30% with one dose at least).

Hospitalizations also going up in NYC

Last edited:
So a great deal of these new infections are in young people. This is not a totally bad thing. It's immunizing them. If they're worried about long Covid or other risks then they should take appropriate precautions like not going to South Beach. I don't know how long thing plateau or blip will continue but when it peaks, it sure points to a rapid dropping of numbers after that

Reactions: kiddiedoc and McDad
Again, lots of cases. We’re gonna have an increase. But what does it really mean? Increased cases in young people, but if they weren’t previously a high risk group for hospitalizations and deaths, and now that high risk group is heavily vaccinated, what is the point of “cases?”

Why a 4th COVID-19 wave in the US could look different — ABC News

Why does the media and other folks make such a big deal out of the stat of % positive tests? For example:

Although nationwide test positivity continues to tick up, testing is declining. The average number of tests has decreased by 12.2% nationally, while the average test positivity increased from 4.2% to 4.8%.

So the average number of tests dropped, thus why is it significant that the test positivity went up?

Gotta hand it to DeSantis:
Gov. DeSantis Threatens to Sue CDC to Get Cruises Sailing Again

All he wants is for cruiselines to be allowed to cruise by July. I think the CDC should come out with something like we'll allow cruising if everyone on Board can show evidence of vaccination. But this is huge for Florida's economy and this is what you pay for Governor to do

Reactions: allvol123 and McDad

More tests, more hospitalizations, higher positivity. This despite lots of vaccinated people. Yes, it does look like a plateau. Two straight weeks at roughly same level of hospitalizations. This would be if a third wave if the vaccine weren't counterbalancing it (nearly 30% with one dose at least).

Hospitalizations also going up in NYC

as I said - let's "circle back" to this in 3 weeks and see if we are at the same point - then we can call it a plateau

Reactions: AM64
Gotta hand it to DeSantis:
Gov. DeSantis Threatens to Sue CDC to Get Cruises Sailing Again

All he wants is for cruiselines to be allowed to cruise by July. I think the CDC should come out with something like we'll allow cruising if everyone on Board can show evidence of vaccination. But this is huge for Florida's economy and this is what you pay for Governor to do
I think his main point is that people just fly to the Bahamas to board a ship since they can't in the US. We have such brilliant government workers making decisions, led by the top down.

Reactions: AM64
That clown is still around???? He must have naked pictures of somebody.
He has to have some investment in a company that produces these masks, that’s the only thing that would make his obsession make any sense. I am still a bit disappointed Trump didn’t fire him.

VN Store

Back