Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So far 0.004% of the people who have been vaccinated have tested positive for C19. The CDC and Fauci should be proclaiming this sort of stuff from every rooftop rather than fearmongering. Now their decision to pull back on J&J because of a once in a million complication will likely cause irreparable harm to the vaccination effort

Many millions have been vaccinated against the coronavirus; 396 were later hospitalized with Covid-19 - CNN

Yea, you hit a big point. For those on the fence, the reaction by the powers that be on the J&J is a disaster.

Yea, you hit a big point. For those on the fence, the reaction by the powers that be on the J&J is a disaster.

The CDC plopped a huge gift on the doorstep of anti vaxxers everywhere. Why would they want to go there? This brain clot claim should have been quietly evaluated and then come out with a recommendation for women of child bearing age to avoid it or whatever.

Totally correct. The messaging around the entire subject has been a disaster. They should be hailing the successes and telling everyone that this is the way to return to life as usual, and instead it's just more doom and gloom.

Last edited:
Because of future international travel, husband and I decided to go ahead and get the jab, figured it would be required. Prob jumped the gun on that, but 🤷‍♀️. We both got J&J a week ago. A little disconcerting to read the latest info, esp since i have a blood clotting issue, but we both have been fine.

Reactions: MAD
The CDC plopped a huge gift on the doorstep of anti vaxxers everywhere. Why would they want to go there? This brain clot claim should have been quietly evaluated and then come out with a recommendation for women of child bearing age to avoid it or whatever.
If you really think they put the brakes on the J&J vax over a small number of incidents, you are being delusional.

count me in as one of the delusionals then.
If they have been shown to overcount the number of covid related deaths, what makes you think they wouldn't undercount the number of people affected by this J&J vax?

You should be cynical of any numbers they throw out here for public consumption.

The news wasn't they are only effective for six months. The news is that they were still effective at 6 months. In a few more months we will be able to find out if they are still effective at 12 months. Then 18. Then 24. Etc..
Correct. I've also heard this mistake about duration of immunity after natural infection: the first study involved healthcare workers and concluded evidence of immunity at 3 months, which was the duration of the study, at that time. I've heard countless times now about "since you are only immune for three months..." However, follow up research has now demonstrated 6-8+ months of durable immunity and counting.

Truth is: we won't know until we know. Let's all pray that our magnificent immune systems are able to remember how to fight CV19 for a LONG time.

If they have been shown to overcount the number of covid related deaths, what makes you think they wouldn't undercount the number of people affected by this J&J vax?

You should be cynical of any numbers they throw out here for public consumption.

I'm also cynical about their decision making logic. The FDA is the most risk averse agency we have - I can totally see them freaking out about 6 instances.

Reactions: bamawriter

VN Store

Back