Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You’re right, I’ve seen the light, I should reclaim my personal freedom and quit wearing a mask in the OR. It’s my right! Lol
I'm okay with that, if the truth be known it doesn't make a damn bit of difference, but we've been conditioned to think it does from back in the cloth days.

Shut your pie hole and cover it with two masks and get in line, plebe.
I've actually found that driving to basketball tournaments in rural areas is a better option. No 'Rona in small town, Tennessee.

We've been out to dinner, picked up coffee at Dunkin', sat through three games in the gym, and I don't even have a mask with me.

I've actually found that driving to basketball tournaments in rural areas is a better option. No 'Rona in small town, Tennessee.

We've been out to dinner, picked up coffee at Dunkin', sat through three games in the gym, and I don't even have a mask with me.
Indeed. Life is great living in a state without a psychotic over lord governor.

Reactions: GSD82
Reactions: Vol737
Now Moderna vaccine sparks Blood Clot fears as Colorado man, 49, claims he developed a Deep Vein Thrombosis one week after shot

• Jeff Johnson, 49, of Brighton, Colorado, received the Moderna coronavirus vaccine at the Salud Family Health Centers
  • One week later he started experiencing pain and swelling in his left leg and said he thought he was going to die
  • Johnson was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which is when a clot forms deep in the body such as in the thigh or lower leg
  • According to Johnson, his doctor said it's possible the blood clot could have been caused by the vaccine
  • DVT is different than the blood clots in the brain that have been linked to the J&J vaccine, which led to a pause recommended by the CDC and FDA
  • A doctor said he has only seen three cases of blood clots like the one Johnson out of at least 18 million shots
A man who had the Moderna Covid vaccine says he developed blood clots he feared would kill him.

Scientists have yet to provide a solid link between the new Covid vaccines and blood clots.

41852586-9480361-image-m-31_1618610361222.jpg

According to Johnson, his doctor said it's possible the blood clot, known as deep vein thrombosis, could have been caused by the Moderna vaccine. Pictured: A vial of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in New York City, April 2021

When Johnson went to the ER, doctors found two blood clots in his left leg, and he was told he had DVT.

DVT occurs when a blood clot forms in one or more of the deep veins in the body, typically the legs.

About half of all people don't have symptoms but those who experience pain, swelling, red or discolored skin, or a feeling of warmth in the affected leg.

Johnson told KDVR that his doctor said the clots could have been caused by the Moderna vaccine, but there is no evidence.

The clots associated with the J&J shot are different, however, and are called cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST).

Now Moderna vaccine sparks blood clot fears as patient shares how he thought he was going to die | Daily Mail Online

The whole pride thing derived from not wearing a mask is something I’ll never understand... but hey, if you’re proud then good for you! Soon we’ll start handing out non-participation trophies lol
There are people that think wearing a mask basically earns a Silver Star every day. It takes all kinds.

Wasn’t speaking as much to the subject of the article as I was to the last quote in the post. Regardless, clot problems related to birth control (at likely a much higher rate than this vaccine) rings true, and nobody freaks out.

You are more likely to get a blood clot on birth-control pills than from the J&J vaccine — but not the same type of clot
They are an issue. I generally advise my female patients to choose other options for pregnancy prevention, and those who need OCPs for regulation/easing of menstrual symptoms are warned to avoid smoking, maintain a healthy diet/weight, and engage in regular exercise.

Love this.

My family and I have started going to small towns for meals and shopping. We pick a cool local dive to eat at. Then go explore local shops. No mask and no rona.

Love this.

My family and I have started going to small towns for meals and shopping. We pick a cool local dive to eat at. Then go explore local shops. No mask and no rona.
It's honestly like jumping into a time machine and going back to 2019. And, guess what: the hospitals there are empty.

Another thing I've noticed is that the people are super-friendly and welcoming.

A quote for the evening:

"And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man." - C S Lewis

It's honestly like jumping into a time machine and going back to 2019. And, guess what: the hospitals there are empty.

Another thing I've noticed is that the people are super-friendly and welcoming.

A quote for the evening:

"And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man." - C S Lewis
That’s good stuff. I am in healthcare also. You are one of my favorite posters on VN. You remind me of surgeons I work with. A grounded family man. Thanks for all you do.

Just ran across this quote from Fauci from a while back.....

Shortly after Paul's comments, Fauci told CBS This Morning that "Senator Paul has this message that we don't need masks, which goes against just about everything we know about how to prevent spread of the virus.… He was saying if you've been infected, or you've been vaccinated, don't wear a mask—which is completely against all public health tenets."

He is a horrible communicator. These comments are EXACTLY why people are declining the vaccine. In what other scenario have “public health tenets” mandated such restrictions?

Just ran across this quote from Fauci from a while back.....

Shortly after Paul's comments, Fauci told CBS This Morning that "Senator Paul has this message that we don't need masks, which goes against just about everything we know about how to prevent spread of the virus.… He was saying if you've been infected, or you've been vaccinated, don't wear a mask—which is completely against all public health tenets."

He is a horrible communicator. These comments are EXACTLY why people are declining the vaccine. In what other scenario have “public health tenets” mandated such restrictions?
Stop thinking he's anything other than a partisan hack, and it makes a lot more sense.

VN Store

Back