Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Not sure how your doctor could definitively tell you that the virus would kill your son. Sounds like malpractice. I have all kinds of risk factors, including being immuno-compromised due to being a liver transplant patient, and I survived COVID. That doesn't include my history of heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. So yeah, I am ultra high risk. Yet I had it and I'm alive. The truth is, no one knows for certain how individuals are going to react, so if your doctor specifically told you it would kill your son, he or she was lying to you for shock value. Doctors are not gods.

My son has an esophageal condition. It constricts due to viral and alergic reactions,

Everyone should take COVID seriously, but also use common sense. There's a lot of scare tactics being used. Yes, it CAN be deadly. That doesn't mean it will be. Like I said, I have tons of risk factors, yet here I am, having survived it. It's not an automatic death sentence. That's just silly. It can kill, but it doesn't necessarily kill. Different people react different ways, and science has yet to really show us why it effects people differently.

Then you definitely dont need to be getting into physical altercations and swapping blood, sweat, and tears with others.
You are correct of course and I was inappropriately venting. It does get frustrating especially when being denigrated for doing what any caring parent would do. I just don't understand that attitude.

Everyone should take COVID seriously, but also use common sense. There's a lot of scare tactics being used. Yes, it CAN be deadly. That doesn't mean it will be. Like I said, I have tons of risk factors, yet here I am, having survived it. It's not an automatic death sentence. That's just silly. It can kill, but it doesn't necessarily kill. Different people react different ways, and science has yet to really show us why it effects people differently.
Even people with the absolute worst combination of risk factors have a 92ish%+ chance of recovery.

Anyone's doctor telling them they will die or their kids will die if they get it ought to have their practice reviewed.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
My son has an esophageal condition. It constricts due to viral and alergic reactions,
Doesn't make your doctor right. Doctors are wrong all the time. I'm not saying don't take the disease seriously, just don't believe it's an automatic death sentence. According to experts when this first erupted, I would have had 0% chance of survival based off all my pre-existing conditions. Yet I'm not dead. We don't even know half of what we don't know, and fear-mongering solves nothing.

You are correct of course and I was inappropriately venting. It does get frustrating especially when being denigrated for doing what any caring parent would do. I just don't understand that attitude.

I dont think any person wants to make another person sick. But people also have different risk aversion thresholds.

Even people with the absolute worst combination of risk factors have a 92ish%+ chance of recovery.

Anyone's doctor telling them they will die or their kids will die if they get it ought to have their practice reviewed.
I agree. If a doctor is guaranteeing the death of you or a loved one, something is wrong with that picture. I understand urging extreme caution. That makes sense. You never want to take unnecessary risks. But any quack guaranteeing death is exactly that, a quack. I would not trust a doctor like that.

The above attitude really sucks. I have lost 2 friends who were my age, healthy and fought this thing for months before they died. In March of last year my son's Dr personally called us and told us that because of his health conditions the virus would kill him if he got it. So yeah i was and will continue to be careful even after I have gotten the vaccines now. And yeah if I were somewhere and some a hole was purposely breathing down my neck I would bust him up and then wash my hands.
My father had it! I had it! We also lost several people that I know in the community because of it. People have still lost their minds the last year. Two weeks to flatten the curve is now two years it's time to get back to living.

Life is full of risks. When someone leaves their house, their never guaranteed they will return.

End of the day, people should take the precautions they feel comfortable with, and let others handle their own business. You can't really control disease. Before all is said and done, more people will live and more people will die, but that's life. All the precaution in the world isn't going to let you live forever.

My father had it! I had it! We also lost several people that I know in the community because of it. People have still lost their minds the last year. Two weeks to flatten the curve is now two years it's time to get back to living.

Life is full of risks. When someone leaves their house, their never guaranteed they will return.

In some regards I agree. Some areas over reacted and were hyperbolic. What I don't understand nor forgive is the attitude towards those of us who feel compelled to protect our loved ones.

In some regards I agree. Some areas over reacted and were hyperbolic. What I don't understand nor forgive is the attitude towards those of us who feel compelled to protect our loved ones.
Guess I'm not seeing an "attitude toward those of us who feel compelled to protect our loved ones".

Guess I'm not seeing an "attitude toward those of us who feel compelled to protect our loved ones".

Have you not seen folks throwing a fit because they have been asked to wear a mask, or refuse to keep their distance or like in this thread saying people who are being careful have lost our minds?

I don't agree with a lot of the draconian measures that some state and local governments have taken. It has nearly destroyed our economy. I also do not agree with those who have acted like petulant children when asked to do some very basic things that may help protect others.

Reactions: TN Ribs
Have you not seen folks throwing a fit because they have been asked to wear a mask, or refuse to keep their distance or like in this thread saying people who are being careful have lost our minds?

I don't agree with a lot of the draconian measures that some state and local governments have taken. It has nearly destroyed our economy. I also do not agree with those who have acted like petulant children when asked to do some very basic things that may help protect others.

How is forcing others to wear masks against their will you being "compelled to protect your loved one"? I don't see it. I end up wearing a mask, but I hate them because it affects my ability to breathe easy. And that's despite being vaccinated and now having had COVID. Yet people throw fits about masks with no information about what someone has or has not experienced. It's a situation that easily plays both ways, yet most only want to see it their way. Which is what you seem to want to do.

That’s the issue..... you can’t rely on other people.... the only person that you can be responsible for is yourself.... in today’s times it’s not that difficult to do.

Whose giving anyone grief for protecting their loved ones? Now, you and your loved ones don't have the right, to dictate anyone else change behavior. At risk stay home. Old stay home. This isn't hard.

Whose giving anyone grief for protecting their loved ones? Now, you and your loved ones don't have the right, to dictate anyone else change behavior. At risk stay home. Old stay home. This isn't hard.
Therein lies the problem. Most people expect change to come from others rather than initiating change themselves. We all have choices we can make. We're only responsible for the ones we can make. And when people label behavior "selfish", they tend to ignore that all behavior is somewhat selfish. It is what it is. Don't expect others to change for you.

I'm reminded of what Gandhi said. "Be the change you want to see in the world." Of course, that doesn't mean everyone will change with you, but lead by example, not by demanding others change with you.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I saw a funny article from the New York Times blaming dumb white republicans for the lag in vaccinations across multiple rural counties across the U.S this morning. (I’m pointing out the hypocrisy)

Least Vaccinated U.S. Counties Have Something in Common: Trump Voters

So I investigated based on race just to see where everything lies. It’s funny because the narrative for KFF is white people are receiving to many vaccinations in comparison to AA and Hispanics. (Yes this could mean liberal whites are making up for dumb conservatives - just pointing out AA & Hispanics are dumb too based on the data set)

Good job to all the Asians.

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations Race/Ethnicity

I’m not stating the data presented in the article from the NYT is wrong, but that it is very clearly slanted, cherry-picked, and misleading when looking at the KFF.org data set.

Its a horrible way to die. You are a regular person on Monday, catch covid, by Thursday you feel like trash. Friday they take you to the hospital and Sunday you are on a ventilator. Good luck getting off that ever

Therein lies the problem. Most people expect change to come from others rather than initiating change themselves. We all have choices we can make. We're only responsible for the ones we can make. And when people label behavior "selfish", they tend to ignore that all behavior is somewhat selfish. It is what it is. Don't expect others to change for you.

I'm reminded of what Gandhi said. "Be the change you want to see in the world." Of course, that doesn't mean everyone will change with you, but lead by example, not by demanding others change with you.
Wasn't it purps that chastised people for being reckless while having dinner with mixed company without a mask in public?

Then purps tried to suggest everyone was 6 feet apart 😂😂

VN Store

Back