Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So are you implying had you gotten the latest booster you would not have gotten sick??
Vaccination reduces susceptibility and infectiousness (read all about it here), but nobody with two functioning brain cells should be under the impression that it makes you immune from infection. I do the COVID and flu shots every fall because I want to give my body the best chance at "success," even if that means coming down with a more minor version of whatever I catch.

Does that answer your question, boss?

Vaccination reduces susceptibility and infectiousness (read all about it here), but nobody with two functioning brain cells should be under the impression that it makes you immune from infection. I do the COVID and flu shots every fall because I want to give my body the best chance at "success," even if that means coming down with a more minor version of whatever I catch.

Yes that answers my question very well in regards to your opinion of the vaccine. Thanks

I got the original series and (I believe) two boosters after that, but I unfortunately haven't gotten the latest COVID booster. I usually get my flu and COVID shots before my annual fall trip to NYC, but I failed last year.

I'm being a bit dramatic, because it's not like I had to go to the hospital, but it was still an unfortunate way to end 2023 and start 2024.
Lost track of how many boosters you've had?

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood

Vitamin D (10,000 IU), C and zinc...

COVID-19 and flu free since 2020.

Just curious... how many small pox or polio vaccines have you had? Did you get either disease?

This is your new terrorist organization. One can only imagine what they have cooled up for us now

What are they trying to do..kill the dollar to implement digital? Aint no way they can have multi trillion deficits and supply shortages without another inflation issue.
Just what do they gain?

I got the original series and (I believe) two boosters after that, but I unfortunately haven't gotten the latest COVID booster. I usually get my flu and COVID shots before my annual fall trip to NYC, but I failed last year.

I'm being a bit dramatic, because it's not like I had to go to the hospital, but it was still an unfortunate way to end 2023 and start 2024.
Original “series” + two boosters?

How many total shots we talking here?

Original “series” + two boosters?

How many total shots we talking here?
I mean, I didn't feel like this would be breaking news since the vaccine has been publicly available for, like, three-plus years now! Ha.

In any case, if I remember correctly, when the COVID vaccine first came out, I believe all but Johnson & Johnson required two shots to be fully vaccinated. Can't recall the exact timeline, but you would get the first and then wait a number of weeks (4? 6?) before getting the second.

I've done two boosters since then. Not to insult your intelligence, but it's a lot like the flu shot in that they're always trying to make vaccines available that are most effective against the current/most prevalent strain of COVID.

I mean, I didn't feel like this would be breaking news since the vaccine has been publicly available for, like, three-plus years now! Ha.

In any case, if I remember correctly, when the COVID vaccine first came out, I believe all but Johnson & Johnson required two shots to be fully vaccinated. Can't recall the exact timeline, but you would get the first and then wait a number of weeks (4? 6?) before getting the second.

I've done two boosters since then. Not to insult your intelligence, but it's a lot like the flu shot in that they're always trying to make vaccines available that are most effective against the current/most prevalent strain of COVID.
Not trying to pile on here but the MRNA Vaccine is in no way comparable to the flu shot in design and function. There is more and more information coming out that says MRNA technology is a long way from being safe in human beings.

How Do mRNA COVID Vaccines Hijack the Workings of Our Cells? The Critical Error in COVID-Vax Distribution

Last edited:

So 4 shots already and you are lamenting missing your 5th shot?

Reactions: whodeycin85

Sad that you fell for the propaganda put out by Fauci and his mafia. I sincerely hope you don’t suffer any major health conditions. I have had multiple family members die from the vaccine.

If you are not already doing so you probably should consult your PCP and discuss aspirin regimens.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Vaccination reduces susceptibility and infectiousness (read all about it here), but nobody with two functioning brain cells should be under the impression that it makes you immune from infection
Actually, that is PRECISELY the aim of vaccination.

Do you think I give kids varicella and MMR vaccines so they "won't have as bad" a case of chicken pox and measles? Was your case of flu "less severe" when you caught a mismatched strain one year?

Your wording clearly demonstrates that you bought the B.S. I do sincerely hope that you don't have any long-term issues related to repeated mRNA therapy.

Do you think I give kids varicella and MMR vaccines so they "won't have as bad" a case of chicken pox and measles? Was your case of flu "less severe" when you caught a mismatched strain one year?

Your wording clearly demonstrates that you bought the B.S. I do sincerely hope that you don't have any long-term issues related to repeated mRNA therapy.
They need to stop calling it a vaccine. It's not. It's helps their agenda of trying to get people to take it, but since it's not actually a vaccine that doesn't prevent catching Covid it causes concern and skepticism of real vaccines that do work.

It closer to a flu shot imo. Might help. Might not. Certainly won't prevent you from ever getting the flu.

They need to stop calling it a vaccine. It's not. It's helps their agenda of trying to get people to take it, but since it's not actually a vaccine that doesn't prevent catching Covid it causes concern and skepticism of real vaccines that do work.

It closer to a flu shot imo. Might help. Might not. Certainly won't prevent you from ever getting the flu.
It isn't even like the flu shot. The flu vaccine works quite well against the strains contained in it. The years that it is "less effective" occur when different strains circulate. The mRNA technology used in CV19 shots is not employed with any of our usual vaccinations.

I have never seen the level of vaccine hesitancy that currently exists is the U.S. Calling this CV therapy a vaccine (then seeing the multitude of problems it can cause) and the other "fake science" people have witnessed over the past 3.5 years are undoubtedly to blame. This is quite the tragedy, as our current childhood immunization schedule has worked beautifully to prevent severe illnesses and save countless lives.

Are you talking about this varicella vaccine? The one that's only "100% effective" at preventing "severe varicella"? And "only" (using this word only because it's less than 100%) 92% effective at preventing all varicella after two shots?

As for MMR, are you talking about the one that's "97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps" after two shots? Again, I think 97 and 88 are less than 100, even if your goal is to prevent illness entirely.

I merely said vaccines aren't 100% effective at preventing illness, which makes the COVID vaccine no different. Find me data that suggests otherwise and I'll recant.

Kind of a bummer when I see healthcare professionals who allow political dogma to overrun common sense.

It isn't even like the flu shot. The flu vaccine works quite well against the strains contained in it. The years that it is "less effective" occur when different strains circulate. The mRNA technology used in CV19 shots is not employed with any of our usual vaccinations.

I have never seen the level of vaccine hesitancy that currently exists is the U.S. Calling this CV therapy a vaccine (then seeing the multitude of problems it can cause) and the other "fake science" people have witnessed over the past 3.5 years are undoubtedly to blame. This is quite the tragedy, as our current childhood immunization schedule has worked beautifully to prevent severe illnesses and save countless lives.
Yea I remember reading about mRNA back when it was being developed. Never approved for human use threw up some flags for me. And that they had something in a few months sounds sketchy when vaccine development is normally a several year process.

I'm not knocking the flu shot. I just mean it's not something that you get once or twice and you're good. Like actual vaccines.

Are you talking about this varicella vaccine? The one that's only "100% effective" at preventing "severe varicella"? And "only" (using this word only because it's less than 100%) 92% effective at preventing all varicella after two shots?

As for MMR, are you talking about the one that's "97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps" after two shots? Again, I think 97 and 88 are less than 100, even if your goal is to prevent illness entirely.

I merely said vaccines aren't 100% effective at preventing illness, which makes the COVID vaccine no different. Find me data that suggests otherwise and I'll recant.

Kind of a bummer when I see healthcare professionals who allow political dogma to overrun common sense.

I believe KD's point was that traditional vaccines including the flu are aimed at preventing infection (immunization). They are not aimed at reducing the severity of the disease if infected. With the Covid vaccines it's actually the opposite. While early claims were that they would prevent infection (immunize) it the CDC now indicates they protect against "severe illness and death" but do not (modest and short lived at best) protect against infection.

Different purposes

VN Store

Back