‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

Honestly, I'm not sure how this whole thing works behind the scene. Thought McDonald was to Ole Miss, but apparently he hadn't signed anything or the offer from Ole Miss was conditional? Now he's at UL? No idea when to actually consider a deal done anymore. Sure as heck don't live in the handshake era anymore and a man's word means next to nothing in the world of college football.
Same thing with Mincey. He signed with Vol Club last month and 3 weeks later was in the portal. Wild times.

Hubbs did say, of course, paraphrasing.

At end of last week you'd hoped you'd have one, maybe two OL on team. Now, you (may) end up with none.

I tried to gloss over that. But when Hubbs jumps in like that. It does NOT instill a lot of confidence.
but that's how hubbs rolls. when in doubt, go with worst case. 😏

The battle of the budget minded?

We also know Oklahoma will play the NIL game. They just won’t overspend for a guy like other schools will. It also could be positive for Oklahoma that Ole Miss got a commitment from a transfer tackle on Monday evening and is hosting another tackle this weekend.

Same thing with Mincey. He signed with Vol Club last month and 3 weeks later was in the portal. Wild times.
Back to that handshake/word thing. Even a contract isn't honored. Got no use for cats who come back at me for bigger bite of the apple after agreeing to terms. Personally, I consider it a reflection on their character and a flaw.

LMAO what? How in the Hell does being familiar with your back up QB make the transition seamless? Seems like a lot of BS being thrown about.
Not only that, but Walker Howard transferred January of 2023 to Ole Miss. Heard enrolled at LSU after that. How do they really know each other than just on a recruiting trip?

Reactions: Carp
So this is fan opinion reading tea leaves Eric talking not any inside information.

But as I've followed this one and from what I've gathered is that the money has been very good this whole process. But we/Campbell were not keen on the idea of promising/offering up the LT position which was a huge deal to Heard.

If you listen to pod and followed all the comments this weekend RT was all that was mentioned for Heard. Yesterday something had to have changed. The VQ staff mentiioned that our staff handles the portal very transparently with the current players and has meetings with the players to discuss additions. I am GUESSING that somethign like this happened and Campbell is willing to slide to RT to help the team. Maybe he is getting an NIL boost to make this worth it for him?

But for the first time through this entire process last night as soon as we started to surge the VQ staff started mentioning Campbell to RT. That has to matter IMO.

This is tea leave reading once again, but I hope this is the case and this one gets closed out and if so our OL will be in a good place for 2024 and will have a huge piece locked in for 2025 as well.
If true and we land Heard, I'm sending Campbell money for that All-Star Special. Very unselfish of the kid to do that.

I feel good about it, but it’s not done. His mom did a call yesterday with coaches yesterday, and I think the perception is that she was the last hurdle, and it went very well. I know several schools are trying to get a visit. If he doesn’t schedule one today, I think we’re in a great spot for good news.
Became of fan of yours during the Butch to Pruitt cycle when everyone was listening to that moron MIT Beaver about Gruden and buying into the BS he was sharing while you were actually giving realistic nuggets. Not sure who your source(s) is/are, but so far this recruiting cycle you’ve been fairly on point. Hope you’re right here as well!

VN Store

Back