Maricopa county in Arizona mishaps and other parts of the country done started

I would agree with that statement.

I am always surprised we dont see more of a push for federal standards for voting across the entire nation since it is a right. Still performed by the states, but just with the same standards throughout the nation.

Another big issue is the media trying to call these races so early. In this modern era of better first than right, no one waits until things are done. They sell whatever narrative they want. So and so won, and when it doesnt happen they just blame cheating, the Russians, whatever. When in reality their assumption was wrong.

It shouldnt be surprising that the changes you see at night favor one party. Since counting typically starts at the same time, it makes sense that the more populated areas are going to take longer to count their votes than a small county. And there are typically more requirements, aka things to check, on a MIB than on an in person ballot, so again it's not a sign of foul play that some things take longer.

Yeah, the federal government is sooooo good at setting standards. LOL

The administration of elections is a state/local issue and that is where it needs to stay.

Just out of curiosity, do the people here that live in Tennessee vote on a tablet like machine? I'm just wondering if everyone has the same machines, or are they different across the state?

Just out of curiosity, do the people here that live in Tennessee vote on a tablet like machine? I'm just wondering if everyone has the same machines, or are they different across the state?
The machine I used today was a tablet... Gov, USHOR, State Senators and Reps.... 4 TC amendments. 8 pages. Had a red button on the right to press to submit the completed ballot.

They also have more poll workers. It really doesn't have to be this complicated.
Step 1 - Voter takes official blank ballot and fills in voter data.
Step 2 - Election official verifies voter eligibility from voter roll and signs ballot.
Step 3 - Voter selects desired candidates and signs ballot.
Step 4 - Voter drops ballot into a secure box monitored by election officials.
Step 5 - Election officials tabulate vote totals and submit to state authority.
Step 6 - Winning candidates announced by close of day.

May have missed some things but I think this should be the general process.

Sumner County is a tablet type machine and if you want to see them lose their shot tell them you are doing a few write ins.

Lol. Woods needs to calm down. Some states still dont allow any counting to happen until AFTER polls are closed. Even for MiB and military absentee voting.

That gives them time to get their ducks lined up. Gotta know what needs to be lost and what needs to be found so those late night "glitches" and unexplained subtractions don't happen.

Let me help you since you’re flailing here.

About 100 years. It was roughly 100 years ago when people started moving en masse from the country to the city.

But I’m guessing you already knew that.
Not sure why that matters today. Fewer people had cars back then too, so you voted closer to home. No one had access to the actual counts until they were done, so there werent bs stories on the internet prematurely claiming someone won.

The population has dramatically increased, and not just in the cities. I would also bet our requirements on voting is a lot more complicated now than it was then.

Yeah, the federal government is sooooo good at setting standards. LOL

The administration of elections is a state/local issue and that is where it needs to stay.
Because they are doing such a good job keeping things straight?

That's the issue you are seeing in this thread. People in one state are assuming that because things are different in the next state that means there is foul play. And they listen to whatever media trots out the lies they want to hear and they buy it because they dont understand the truth.

Step 1 - Voter takes official blank ballot and fills in voter data.
Step 2 - Election official verifies voter eligibility from voter roll and signs ballot.
Step 3 - Voter selects desired candidates and signs ballot.
Step 4 - Voter drops ballot into a secure box monitored by election officials.
Step 5 - Election officials tabulate vote totals and submit to state authority.
Step 6 - Winning candidates announced by close of day.

May have missed some things but I think this should be the general process.

Votes are supposed to be anonymous.

Reactions: AM64
Which means more complication. More moving pieces doesnt mean things will be easier.

There is absolutely no reason they should not be capable of counting every single ballot by midnight on election night. Every precinct has an aproxmate idea of how many votes they will need to count. It's not that complicated to plan ahead and make sure they have the proper amount of staff on hand to make this happen.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and AM64
Why do some States/Counties get it done on election night? And why do so many others struggle?

Some places have to do a pre-count to know what needs adjusting before they do the real count. Just takes a little more time to get it all set up.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Yet...In little ole Jackson County, TN at my little voting precinct at Shiloh Community Center, run by little old ladies that volunteer so they can have pot luck all day and socialize, run voting like a charm and oversee 2 electronic voting machines that in my 8 years voting there have never had one single issue.

Because they are doing such a good job keeping things straight?

That's the issue you are seeing in this thread. People in one state are assuming that because things are different in the next state that means there is foul play. And they listen to whatever media trots out the lies they want to hear and they buy it because they dont understand the truth.

The citizens in the cities/states that are constantly screwing up the elections need to vote those officials out. The feds will just screw it up more.

Reactions: tntar heel
There is absolutely no reason they should not be capable of counting every single ballot by midnight on election night. Every precinct has an aproxmate idea of how many votes they will need to count. It's not that complicated to plan ahead and make sure they have the proper amount of staff on hand to make this happen.

It shouldn't matter if it took a week to get a complete and accurate count as long as it's legitimate. I'd rather it take a few days and it be accurate, legitimate and verifiable than have instant results.

Not sure why that matters today. Fewer people had cars back then too, so you voted closer to home. No one had access to the actual counts until they were done, so there werent bs stories on the internet prematurely claiming someone won.

The population has dramatically increased, and not just in the cities. I would also bet our requirements on voting is a lot more complicated now than it was then.
How about 2004? Anybody remember 2004?
Was it a close race? I think it was.

Did we have cars in 2004?
Were things much simpler in 2004?

I am guessing from the way you are speaking you have lead one of these efforts or at least volunteer every year to know how easy it is.

VN Store

Back