Mass Shooting in Atlanta

What the hell are you talking about? You really think tough gun laws + poverty cause gun violence? The guns you see in Chicago flow in from Indiana and Wisconsin. It'd just be worse if guns laws were lax in Chicago. This silly BS argument has been blown out of the water numerous times before.

FACT CHECK: Is Chicago Proof That Gun Laws Don't Work?
Lol. This conclusion in your linked article is a hot mess.
All of this might suggest that criminals will just go to whatever lengths necessary get their hands on guns, regardless of whatever laws are in place.

But that's the wrong way to think about it, Cook said.

"No one's in a position to say that Chicago's various special regulations and Illinois's regulations are doing no good," he said, "because we don't know what the homicide rate would be in the absence of those.

I'm not a expert on Colorado's gun laws, but I've seen where a judge blocked Boulder's ability to restrict what kind of weapons can be purchased in the city and then afterwards the shooter bought the weapon. That seems like a mistake.

It's being reported that the shooter has a history of violence and some of his family believed him to be unstable. I can't think of one reason why anyone who has either of those characteristics should be allowed to buy a gun.

Brother of Boulder shooting suspect Ahmad Alissa believes he is mentally ill

Another concerning thing I've seen is where some of his family members believed him to be unstable and knew he had a weapon as well as a violent past. That's a recipe for disaster. I think if you see all of those things and do nothing you should be held liable in some way. Same thing happened with the waffle house shooter in Antioch not too far back iirc.
Yes his father gave him weapons that we're taken grim him in illinois I believe. They were confiscated by court order. I'm all for keeping the unstable from possessing firearms but law abiding owners shouldn't be punished for the actions of others.

All of this might suggest that criminals will just go to whatever lengths necessary get their hands on guns, regardless of whatever laws are in place.

"No one's in a position to say that Chicago's various special regulations and Illinois's regulations are doing no good," he said, "because we don't know what the homicide rate would be in the absence of those.
Ty doesn’t actually read the links his alter posts.

My question is why the distinction between “large scale shootings in public place” and the 600+ shootings of 4 or more people due to “gang violence, fighting and domestic incidents?”

Mass shootings in public spaces had become less frequent during the pandemic.

Until Tuesday, when eight people were killed in Atlanta-area spas, it had been a year since there had been a large-scale shooting in a public place.”

“Still, other types of gun violence increased significantly in 2020”

There were more than 600 shootings in which four or more people were shot by one person compared with 417 in 2019.
Many of those shootings involved gang violence, fights and domestic incidents.
Narrative. Can’t be saying that black gangs make up the majority of gun violence in the country and it’s not even close

Can't be worse.

I have a guaranteed right to arm myself. Just like I do to vote. Just like I do for protection for free speech from the GOV. Go f yourself if you want to take that away. Look at history as to why they are all equally important. You want to change it? The constitution outlines how you can.

Reactions: hog88
What the hell are you talking about? You really think tough gun laws + poverty cause gun violence? The guns you see in Chicago flow in from Indiana and Wisconsin. It'd just be worse if guns laws were lax in Chicago. This silly BS argument has been blown out of the water numerous times before.

Weird how Indiana and Wisconsin don’t have the same amount of gun violence as Chicago despite having “lax” gun laws

You still haven't said how you would go about fixing the mass shooting problem, which I think we can all agree that there is a problem there. So far your argument is basically "Just don't touch guns."

I'll ask you again. In your opinion how do you think we can prevent mass shootings from happening again in the future?

If you would actually think like a rational adult the answer to your question is simple. You can’t. Just like you can’t stop cancer, death or taxes. If a person wants to commit a mass murder bad enough, they will do it.

The only way to completely prevent mass murders in the future would be to somehow do the following.

1. Confiscate ALL GUNS from every citizen.

2. Completely stop the flow of ALL illegal weapons from other countries into the US.

3. Completely ban all the gun manufacturers except for those that supply the military and police.

Now by all means please explain how you would accomplish those tasks.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I never said it’s intent was to shoot a person, I said it’s intent is to kill or maim.
What is it with liberals and personal accountability?

Edit: I’m guessing liberals don’t like personal accountability because they are afraid of being held accountable for their own actions one day. Why else would it be rejected? Or perhaps it’s not even understood that’s what is happening.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

That entire "fact check" relies on the conjecture that Wisconsin and Indiana MIGHT be the source of guns in Chicago. Compelling piece if you're a moron.

It's other argument is that Chicago isn't the toughest because California. Whether Chicago is the toughest or second toughest is inconsequential

I'm not a expert on Colorado's gun laws, but I've seen where a judge blocked Boulder's ability to restrict what kind of weapons can be purchased in the city and then afterwards the shooter bought the weapon. That seems like a mistake.

It's being reported that the shooter has a history of violence and some of his family believed him to be unstable. I can't think of one reason why anyone who has either of those characteristics should be allowed to buy a gun.

Brother of Boulder shooting suspect Ahmad Alissa believes he is mentally ill

Another concerning thing I've seen is where some of his family members believed him to be unstable and knew he had a weapon as well as a violent past. That's a recipe for disaster. I think if you see all of those things and do nothing you should be held liable in some way. Same thing happened with the waffle house shooter in Antioch not too far back iirc.
So you've listed nothing but banning guns or having other people declare you dangerous (red flag). Those aren't solutions they're just taking away rights. That's why anyone with any sense rolls their eyes at the "something must be done" crowd

What is it with liberals and personal accountability?

Edit: I’m guessing liberals don’t like personal accountability because they are afraid of being held accountable for their own actions one day. Why else would it be rejected? Or perhaps it’s not even understood that’s what is happening.
What is it with bubbas and not being able stay on subject? You spout the same 5 or 6 tired lines no matter what is said. Care to respond to what we were actually talking about?

The first hand gun was a product of chinese fire lances and was not a rifle.

The first rifle was invented for the king of France to fox hunt but he quickly asked for more to arm his military.

This weapon was modified to what became the American rifle we know from the 1700s. This rifle was used by frontier to hunt and protect themselves.

The two (war and hunting) are very intertwined in history but outside of power hungry kings it was used by civilians to hunt and feed their families.
Good thing we arent kings looking to subjugate the local peasants....

OH has a problem with the peasants because he takes the side of the king. Its safer for the king if the peasants arent armed.

VN Store

Back