Mass Shooting in Atlanta

No i am saying it is pointless to have people walking the streets who have committed 10-15 violent felonies over a 10 year period and then be shocked when they commit more
That's not the case with these mass murderers.

We aren’t gathering information in any concerted, organized fashion at all... almost like some people don’t even want to address it.
Because that would force them to address all "mass" shootings which would destroy the narrative

That's not the case with these mass murderers.
mass murderers make up a very small proportion of gun violence. They are the mentally ill issue, what i am referring to is the gang violence that makes up probably 85% of gun violence outside of suicides

mass murderers make up a very small proportion of gun violence. They are the mentally ill issue, what i am referring to is the gang violence that makes up probably 85% of gun violence outside of suicides
Do you have any data to back this up or are we just going to have to rely on your "expertise" once again?

doctors have varying opinions. I have seen some that would never restrict a person from their freedoms even if suicidal. And some would Title 33 someone and involuntary commit them against their will for having mild depression according to their family members

Do you have any data to back this up or are we just going to have to rely on your "expertise" once again?
Yea study criminal stats on not just "murders" from firearms, but aggravated robbery, drive by shootings, aggravated assaults, and reckless endangerment charges

Yea study criminal stats on not just "murders" from firearms, but aggravated robbery, drive by shootings, aggravated assaults, and reckless endangerment charges
Once again you're making a claim without providing data to support it

I don't see a problem with it
again, not logical or legal.

Which doctor, who would pay for it (psych evals can cost $500-$1000), what appeal would there be, how would HIPAA be repealed, what about 2nd and differing opinions between doctors, what mental illnesses are covered? depression? transexualism?

I don't see a problem with it
Now we're getting somewhere

Since a background check costs money we will also need each voter to pay for registration. Could be paid at the poll too off you choose. Many states also require anyone wishing to carry their firearm attend a class so we'll need every voter to also take one and demonstrate their knowledge of the candidates.

How we doing so far?

there were apparently 600 "mass murder" events in 2020. how many did you hear about? most of them were gang related, always are. willing to bet most of those shootings weren't by first time criminals.

No one wants to talk about mass murder events involving gangs. Please keep this in mind when trying to add content to this discussion. tia.

The link between anti-depressants and mass murder. You are willfully being obtuse because you have no argument.
You want to create a link that you personally prefer to be true. To truly source the root of a problem you have to gather all information, and who has stifled the gathering of that information? (That’s rhetorical FYI)

You want to create a link that you personally prefer to be true. To truly source the root of a problem you have to gather all information, and who has stifled the gathering of that information? (That’s rhetorical FYI)

I just linked a google search with numerous articles about the links between violence and anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. If you read the links you find that the vast majority of the studies were done oversees because our .gov refuses to fund them.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
people actually on the front lines of law enforcement and healthcare know what the causes of gun violence are. You dont need to waste taxpayer money to study that or cow farts or anything else...the issue is that the true solutions don't want to be addressed by those who need votes, money, media coverage, etc

Reactions: hog88
Now we're getting somewhere

Since a background check costs money we will also need each voter to pay for registration. Could be paid at the poll too off you choose. Many states also require anyone wishing to carry their firearm attend a class so we'll need every voter to also take one and demonstrate their knowledge of the candidates.

How we doing so far?
Specific technical knowledge about a subject doesn't equate to mental fitness to safely perform the actions it covers in most cases. Guns are obviously different. I don't need to know how the ins and outs of my washer and dryer to make sure it I don't kill anyone while doing laundry.

You're also equating the knowledge to safely perform the technical operation of a firearm to being knowledgeable about election candidates. The correct equation would be to make sure a voter can safely operate a voting machine. Since that is covered by a poll worker when one goes to vote it's already happening.

VN Store

Back