Mass Shooting in Atlanta

The god given right. Give me a break. Was it a god given right to own another human? Has silly ol' man infringed on that right.

No owning another human was not a god given right, self defense absolutely was.

Where do you think our rights are derived from?

Well you aren’t that bright.
People/government has never bestowed a right, they have only ever limited or taken them away.
lol.....the god given right to freedom of the press.....sweet. And religion.........even sweeter.

No owning another human was not a God given right, self defense absolutely was.

Fyp.

Slavery throughout history has been defined differently and had different meanings. When the Bible talked about history, it laid out laws concerning slaves and their masters. It was much different than slavery in Europe, Africa and America.

Do kids buy guns? I've always assumed parents buy the guns and give them to their children when it comes to things like hunting. The kid claims ownership, but technically the parent owns the gun. Is that not how it works?

Fyp.

Slavery throughout history has been defined differently and had different meanings. When the Bible talked about history, it laid out laws concerning slaves and their masters. It was much different than slavery in Europe, Africa and America.
I think you might want to brush up on the Bible some more. In the same book, Joseph was a slave and had authority over Egyptians then the Egyptians beat them because they weren’t making enough bricks after not providing enough straw.
Since neither of us have firsthand or even second hand knowledge of slavery in the US, (other than slavery to debt) maybe we should drop this line

Reactions: PEPPERJAX and hog88
Thank you for proving my point. The constitution does not grant us those rights, it merely codifies them.

declaration-of-independence-3-638.jpg

No owning another human was not a god given right, self defense absolutely was.

Constitution described black people as 3/5ths of a person. Obviously it was a flawed document.

And God had nothing to do with it. That clause is probably the biggest proof of that

Constitution described black people as 3/5ths of a person. Obviously it was a flawed document.

And God had nothing to do with it. That clause is probably the biggest proof of that

Yes the constitution is a flawed document, who’s arguing otherwise?

You and Luther are taking the incorrect position that in the absence of government humans have no rights.

The Constitution also left open the ability to change it as times changed. The Founding Fathers knew the status quo wouldn't always remain the same. It's the reason we have the amendment process.

You and Luther are taking the incorrect position that in the absence of government humans have no rights.

I am not. I just don't see anywhere else besides the American Constitution where guns as described as a God given right.

The Founding Fathers state their sentiment in the Declaration of Independence. I posted an excerpt above.

Reactions: AM64
Thank you for proving my point. The constitution does not grant us those rights, it merely codifies them.
WTH? So the constitution codifies the rights of freedom of the press, the right to peacefully assemble, the right to keep and bear arms, but those are actually rights that god granted?
You can't be serious.

I would never claim that in the absence of government, humans have no rights.......that's is idiotic!!
Humans have the rights to which humans agree.

WTH? So the constitution codifies the rights of freedom of the press, the right to peacefully assemble, the right to keep and bear arms, but those are actually rights that god granted?
You can't be serious.

Yes. All the constitution did was limit our government from taking those rights away like the king did.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back