Mass Shooting in Atlanta

We have regressed with dementia Joe. Trump was fine policy wise he just had ego issues but he wasn’t a career politician either. It was far more tolerable than what we have now.

You could probably make a case for Trump as the most unfit person for the job, and policy wise still did a better job at being president than anyone in recent history. When people talk about someone being unqualified for the job of president and I look at all the "qualified" people who've held the job I'm never sure whether to laugh or just puke.

Reactions: McDad and C-south
Not buying that at all, other than pre Constitutional ratification debate. The US Army was already created in 1775.
Even so, if we have a professional army, which is anti Constitutional according to this theory, then what differnce does it make?

It shows that the unlimited right of possession and to carry asserted by many people were not the concepts the writers of the Constitution were focused on or intending to create.

Reactions: luthervol
It shows that the unlimited right of possession and to carry asserted by many people were not the concepts the writers of the Constitution were focused on or intending to create.

Sure it was. You think they wrote it, said figure it out, and never talked about it anymore to add context to exactly what they wanted the right to be?

It doesn't matter what the rich politicians were thinking when they set up the Constitution in 1789. That's the whole point of the document. It not infallible.

You are talking about an "amendment" anyway. The thing is meant to be amended. They would laugh at us 250 years later treating their word as God and trying to apply it to life today

It doesn't matter what the rich politicians were thinking when they set up the Constitution in 1789. That's the whole point of the document. It not infallible.

You are talking about an "amendment" anyway. The thing is meant to be amended. They would laugh at us 250 years later treating their word as God and trying to apply it to life today
Sure. And they gave us a mechanism to alter it. Use that. Good luck.

Then amend it. 😂🤣

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77

Fine, I support those opposed to the 2A or wanting to limit the 2A attempting to amend the constitution. That is the right way to go about doing what you want to do.

What I absolutely oppose and will fight tooth and nail against is the constant constitutional end runs to achieve your goals. I keep hearing that a majority of Americans want more gun control so amending the constitution shouldn't be that hard for you.

Fine, I support those opposed to the 2A or wanting to limit the 2A attempting to amend the constitution. That is the right way to go about doing what you want to do.

What I absolutely oppose and will fight tooth and nail against is the constant constitutional end runs to achieve your goals. I keep hearing that a majority of Americans want more gun control so amending the constitution shouldn't be that hard for you.

Im not anti 2nd Amendment. I am a liberal, I think we should live life how we want to live it. If you wanna be gay, cool. If you want to change sexes cool. Shoot ur guns...safely? cool.

To answer your question though: If ya'll republicans keep fighting EVERYTHING, and making stupid ass arguments like arming lunch ladies and stuff as the "answer", it wont be long before the 2nd Amendment is ... amended.

Im not anti 2nd Amendment. I am a liberal, I think we should live life how we want to live it. If you wanna be gay, cool. If you want to change sexes cool. Shoot ur guns...safely? cool.

To answer your question though: If ya'll republicans keep fighting EVERYTHING, and making stupid ass arguments like arming lunch ladies and stuff as the "answer", it wont be long before the 2nd Amendment is ... amended.
If the left could have actually amended the second amendment they would have done so already instead of continual legislation trying to circumvent the Constitution. Womp womp.

What "stupid ass arguments" are being made? And I suppose you are talking about arming teachers in your "arming lunch ladies" comments so yes I support teachers and cafeteria workers, janitors ect being armed if they so choose. A person shouldn't have to give up personal protection to be employed.

What "stupid ass arguments" are being made? And I suppose you are talking about arming teachers in your "arming lunch ladies" comments so yes I support teachers and cafeteria workers, janitors ect being armed if they so choose. A person shouldn't have to give up personal protection to be employed.

You had a republican president and his only answer to school shootings was that we should arm everyone in the school. That kind of stupid ass argument. It is 1 of the reasons he lost his job and like I said, more of that trash and your 2nd Amendment could be in jeopardy.

Gun supporters are suffering from a trust issue. You are looking at a generation of kids about to be voting adults that saw their classmates shot up. You think they are gonna be on your side with junk arguments like that?

Reactions: luthervol
You had a republican president and his only answer to school shootings was that we should arm everyone in the school. That kind of stupid ass argument. It is 1 of the reasons he lost his job and like I said, more of that trash and your 2nd Amendment could be in jeopardy.

Gun supporters are suffering from a trust issue. You are looking at a generation of kids about to be voting adults that saw their classmates shot up. You think they are gonna be on your side with junk arguments like that?
Some of the 2a fanatics realize they are wading in the tar pits, but they're going to go all Charlton Heston anyway.

Reactions: Tyler Durden

A junk argument is the sensationalized one you just attempted to make.

Yep, they will when they grow up.

As I said earlier, if you don’t like the 2A work to amend it.

Yep, they will when they grow up.

As I said earlier, if you don’t like the 2A work to amend it.
No they won't.
It will continue to be an issue where repub's are in the dwindling minority. (which makes it almost worth it)

Ok, well I don't care because I'm not a gun person but you keep fighting that losing battle
What losing battle? Forcing them to address 2a updates by addressing 2a directly? Right now I’d say it’s working great for 2a advocates and I’d guess it sits well for constitutional challenges which go before SCOTUS.

What losing battle? Forcing them to address 2a updates by addressing 2a directly? Right now I’d say it’s working great for 2a advocates and I’d guess it sits well for constitutional challenges which go before SCOTUS.

Eh, it's a been a net loss for us in the big picture. We have fewer 2A rights than we did 40 years ago.

VN Store

Back