Mass Shooting in Atlanta

If only it was so simple. We have decades of history of a "simple ID" to vote being used nefariously. Don't you guys study African American history at UT???
And gun laws were never used to keep AA down?

Or any group of Americans?

Cause it definitely has.

And you do not believe the ID requirement is an 2a infringement?
I'm not sure how mail in ballot request process works under the newest law. I'll let you know.
If it was just ID to prove who we were I would have no issue. We are far far beyond that point.

I have no great faith in the Federal Government. Just a hell of a lot more faith than I have in other entities that rise to fill the void when there is a lack of government.

Critical distinction.
What happened at Ruby Ridge was horrid. If you ever get a chance read up on it. The feds went way too far, officials involved deserved prison sentences for what they did or allowed to happen.

But to mention they spawned an unprecedented wave of far right extremism.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If only it was so simple. We have decades of history of a "simple ID" to vote being used nefariously. Don't you guys study African American history at UT???

Lol. AA don’t even know their own history or at best just cherry pick points to blame whitey for everything.

Between an inanimate gun and an action? Seems legit.

It was your comparison not mine. I think its stupid

the thing about voting in 2020, we've been bemoaning the lack of voter participation for my whole life. We finally have an election where participation shatters records beyond expectation and ya'll want to go back to restricting it. Sad.

Reactions: RockyTop85
It was your comparison not mine. I think its stupid

the thing about voting in 2020, we've been bemoaning the lack of voter participation for my whole life. We finally have an election where participation shatters records beyond expectation and ya'll want to go back to restricting it. Sad.
I bemoan voting period.

There is no moral difference between it as a form of government than anything else we have tried. And arguably worse in many areas.

Popularity sets morality?

-hopefully luther doesnt see that because he thinks it does-

No, its really stupid to bemoan voting whilst simultaneously holding up the 2nd Amendment of the American Constitution as a moral compass.

The 2nd Amendment and the American Constitution are both results of............voting.

No, its really stupid to bemoan voting whilst simultaneously holding up the 2nd Amendment of the American Constitution as a moral compass.

The 2nd Amendment and the American Constitution are both results of............voting.

What were the voting lines for the 2A and constitution?

What happened at Ruby Ridge was horrid. If you ever get a chance read up on it. The feds went way too far, officials involved deserved prison sentences for what they did or allowed to happen.

But to mention they spawned an unprecedented wave of far right extremism.
I remember it fairly well and read a couple of things on it today.
The guy was nuts (which is legal) but he did participate in illegal activities.
The agencies made several mistakes and did several things horribly wrong.
The good thing is that it was heard in a public court, the mistakes were admitted, and corrective actions were taken.
That's actually a pretty good example of a well functioning government.
I would be the last person to ever claim our government/country is perfect. There always has been and there always will be lots of room for improvement. I've never been a big flag waver.
I've never understood those who love the country but hate the government.
I view them as fairly equal. There have been plenty of times when I would give the government the nod, and plenty of times when I would give the country the nod.
But they ultimately have to move together.

I bemoan it but I dont want to take it away from others.

Some people in this thread could return the favor.....

They are also the result of a gun armed uprising against a government that took away rights from its citizens.

VN Store

Back