Mass Shooting in Atlanta

What should?
Not incredibly sure. But unlike some people I dont believe in taking away peoples rights while I try to come up with a better option.

I would prefer a fight to the death, no guns but would be open to other approved melee weapons, after a test on the US Consitution from Scotus, and a round of policy question/answers from the legislative branch. No help, no party, no substitutes. Maybe air it all ON demand to pay down the debt. Maybe a drunk debate or debate with some 5th grade midschoolers in civics class to level the playing field.

Removes anyone who only wants to serve themself, as well as those unfamiliar with US politics and Consitution. Reduces the chances of the not-able of body or mind from buying their way in.

Certainly. It has to be viewed within the context of present time.
Still not sure as to what you mean.

Let me try it this way since the idea was brought up earlier.
Do you believe slavery is wrong because people should not be owned by other people? Because thats what you believe.
Or
Slavery is wrong because at some point society decided that it was and whatever society believes in the present is moral?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Still not sure as to what you mean.

Let me try it this way since the idea was brought up earlier.
Do you believe slavery is wrong because people should not be owned by other people? Because thats what you believe.
Or
Slavery is wrong because at some point society decided that it was and whatever society believes in the present is moral?
I believe it is wrong because people should not be owned by other people. Luckily, the vast majority of the world's population also feels the same way. Had I lived 3000 years ago, I'm not sure how I would have felt. Maybe it depends on which side of the equation I found myself. My morals have always tended to fall on the progressive side (or whatever you call it) so I would like to think I would have been one of the earlier ones claiming it was immoral. If 80% of society views something as immoral and 20% find it moral, the 20% deal with it, hide the act, try to convert some of the 80%. The reverse is also obviously true. As morality changes over time, you do your part to help morality change in the way you see best.

I believe it is wrong because people should not be owned by other people. Luckily, the vast majority of the world's population also feels the same way. Had I lived 3000 years ago, I'm not sure how I would have felt. Maybe it depends on which side of the equation I found myself. My morals have always tended to fall on the progressive side (or whatever you call it) so I would like to think I would have been one of the earlier ones claiming it was immoral. If 80% of society views something as immoral and 20% find it moral, the 20% deal with it, hide the act, try to convert some of the 80%. The reverse is also obviously true. As morality changes over time, you do your part to help morality change in the way you see best.

If you feel like one person owning another person is wrong, there's no reason why you should have felt different about that in the past.
How it was viewed in the past doesn't equate to it being right because it was excepted by society.

I dont believe in a changing of morality from a personal sense. Probably because mine is not rooted in what everybody else just accepts.

Reactions: hog88
If you feel like one person owning another person is wrong, there's no reason why you should have felt different about that in the past.
How it was viewed in the past doesn't equate to it being right because it was excepted by society.

I dont believe in a changing of morality from a personal sense. Probably because mine is not rooted in what everybody else just accepts.
I hope you're not insinuating that mine is.
My morality is far less rooted in what everybody else accepts than most.
Find the idiots who were "anti-gay" in the 80's and 90's but would now never admit to those beliefs.
Find the morons who were segregationists in the 60's and 70's, but would now never admit to those beliefs.

The founding fathers who owned slaves.........do you think that they were knowingly being immoral?
If they were living today, do you think that they would have differing views regarding the morality of slavery?

Find the idiots who were "anti-gay" in the 80's and 90's but would now never admit to those beliefs.
Find the morons who were segregationists in the 60's and 70's, but would now never admit to those beliefs.

The founding fathers who owned slaves.........do you think that they were knowingly being immoral?
If they were living today, do you think that they would have differing views regarding the morality of slavery?
I'm not insinuating anything. I'm allowing you to explain a comment that I quoted that didnt appear very clear. That is the extent of it.

I wouldn't have a clue as to what they would think now. It wouldn't change my opinion either way so it doesn't really matter. They were not perfect or without fault even with the great things they achieved.
And that opinion applies for any other idea pitched out there thru history.

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm allowing you to explain a comment that I quoted that didnt appear very clear. That is the extent of it.

I wouldn't have a clue as to what they would think now. It wouldn't change my opinion either way so it doesn't really matter. They were not perfect or without fault even with the great things they achieved.
And that opinion applies for any other idea pitched out there thru history.
lol...........
You think the founding fathers, if alive today, might still support slavery and view it as moral?
Give me a break.......you know better, but then you also know where that admission leads.

lol...........
You think the founding fathers, if alive today, might still support slavery and view it as moral?
Give me a break.......you know better, but then you also know where that admission leads.
I didn't say either way because I dont know and frankly you don't either. You can have an opinion to the way they may feel today, but thats all it would be. Heck you can't even definitively say how you would have viewed if in previous times.
You questioned me about insinuating and follow that up with an insinuation? Lol

The point was I dont care, because it doesn't change the way I view it then or now. Which was the purpose of the question. I allowed you to go into further detail about what you meant with the original post.
Its extremely possible thats not the case with everyone. And thats fine as well.

Last edited:
There’s no logic or consistency with your statements
Sure there is logic and consistency.
I don't think it is immoral for a 17 year old to drink, but I support the law making it illegal for them to buy alcohol.
I don't think it is immoral to drive 55 in a 40 mph zone, but I support the law making the speed limit 40 mph.
I don't think it is immoral to drive a car without a license, but I support the law that requires you to have a license.
I don't think it is immoral to drive a car with one headlight, but I support the law requiring two.
I don't think it is immoral to drive without a seatbelt, but I support the law requiring you to wear a seatbelt.

Wasn't Joe one of those segregationist morons? Didn't Kamala accuse him of such in one of their debates?

Wasn't Joe one of those segregationist morons? Didn't Kamala accuse him of such in one of their debates?
He was. He's the perfect example of what I'm talking about. He represents the vast majority. Everyone's morals are a little fluid (whether or not they admit that fact to themselves or others). It's just that moral fluidity is on a continuum. If a person is over 30 and hasn't witnessed that reality, they haven't been looking.
I've got a good mental exercise that I may put on here when I have a little more time.
It proves the fact....at least for anyone with open eyes.

He was. He's the perfect example of what I'm talking about. He represents the vast majority. Everyone's morals are a little fluid (whether or not they admit that fact to themselves or others). It's just that moral fluidity is on a continuum. If a person is over 30 and hasn't witnessed that reality, they haven't been looking.
I've got a good mental exercise that I may put on here when I have a little more time.
I suggest you engage in as much mental exercise as possible. You need it.

that's BS Luther. If your morals are "fluid" they aren't morals. What you are describing are flaws. We all make mistakes, God didn't make us perfect.

But if we excuse mistakes as a result of "fluid morals" all we are doing is moving the standards to allow people to skirt responsibility for their actions.
--

The every day Nazis at the time thought putting Jews in the gas chambers were morally justified. That's not an example of "fluid morals" its an example of abandoning or abusing morals

Last edited:
that's BS Luther. If your morals are "fluid" they aren't morals. What you are describing are flaws. We all make mistakes, God didn't make us perfect.

But if we excuse mistakes as a result of "fluid morals" all we are doing is moving the standards to allow people to skirt responsibility for their actions.
--

The every day Nazis at the time thought putting Jews in the gas chambers were morally justified. That's not an example of "fluid morals" its an example of abandoning or abusing morals
Please. That's just completely absurd.
Take a woman who has a moral stance that she is going to dress in a fashionable but not provocative fashion.
Now place her in Victorian times, 1900, 1940, 1960, 1980, 2000, 2020. China, Brazil, US, Uganda.
The same level of morality will lead to different results in every instance...............
Because what is considered moral changes over time and from place to place.

Please. That's just completely absurd.
Take a woman who has a moral stance that she is going to dress in a fashionable but not provocative fashion.
Now place her in Victorian times, 1900, 1940, 1960, 1980, 2000, 2020. China, Brazil, US, Uganda.
The same level of morality will lead to different results in every instance...............
Because what is considered moral changes over time and from place to place.

that's what you consider a moral stance? wow

VN Store

Back