Mass Shooting in Atlanta

if they were morally compelled to dress "snappy" but can't afford it are they compromising their morals?

The point I was trying to make with LOOTHER is that the apparel someone chooses to wear has nothing to do with an individual’s morals. I gave him an example after he puts his foot in his dumb mouth and he asks questions to evade his stupidity. Politicians are sharp dressers and many of those azz clowns have very low moral standards. Luther claims to be an educator. If that is true, I feel deep sorrow for the students that have to listen to his nonsense.

The point I was trying to make with LOOTHER is that the apparel someone chooses to wear has nothing to do with an individual’s morals. I gave him an example after he puts his foot in his dumb mouth and he asks questions to evade his stupidity. Politicians are sharp dressers and many of those azz clowns have very low moral standards. Luther claims to be an educator. If that is true, I feel deep sorrow for the students that have to listen to his nonsense.
He's a crossing guard

Still no response to my original question.
This question? (How should a homeless person dress? Just curious.)

I'll answer it since you asked twice.
They should dress however they feel like dressing given their present options.
One homeless man's morals may lead him to dress as well as humanly possible while another man's may lead him to dress as raggedly as possible.

Person 1’s choice of food is influenced by morals; person 2 has different morals that don’t influence their diet. That’s consistent with what he’s said.

For somebody who is supposedly so obviously wrong, nobody is really making contact with what he’s actually saying.

Hope opening day is this entertaining.

but like everything in LutherWorld - morals are on a continuum from fundamental (wrong to kill) to lifestyle choice (I want to be healthy)

in that sense, someone who's morals are to be healthy is driving their behavior

I don't see how "I prefer to dress x way" is any different than saying "I'd like to be healthy" - if one is an example of one's morals then both are.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

One homeless man's morals may lead him to dress as well as humanly possible while another man's may lead him to dress as raggedly as possible.

so morals are at the whim of current options?

(go back to my example of a "moral" of dressing snappy but not being able to do so with current budget)

I wouldn't, but that critical mass might.
I often disagree with the opinions of the critical mass.
Ok. Lot of people accusing you of being a spineless squish with no principles ought to be heartened to read that.

I thought the critical mass was supposed to justify some shift in decision making. I’ll go read back a few pages and see if I can figure out where I lost the thread.

The homeless dress code continuum. HDCC

Great!
Good to know attire has nothing to do with morals.

Why do politicians choose to dress sharply?

Gov. Kemp dressed in jeans and flannel shirts - at least in his campaign ads.
I also remember Lamar's red flannels form his run for governor back in the 70's. Why in the world did he do that?

Why do politicians choose to dress sharply?

Gov. Kemp dressed in jeans and flannel shirts - at least in his campaign ads.
I also remember Lamar's red flannels form his run for governor back in the 70's. Why in the world did he do that?

Flannel shirts and jeans are high class.

so morals are at the whim of current options?

(go back to my example of a "moral" of dressing snappy but not being able to do so with current budget)
Is "snappy" $1000 Italian leather shoes, or the nicest and cleanest shoes you have?

but like everything in LutherWorld - morals are on a continuum from fundamental (wrong to kill) to lifestyle choice (I want to be healthy)

in that sense, someone who's morals are to be healthy is driving their behavior

I don't see how "I prefer to dress x way" is any different than saying "I'd like to be healthy" - if one is an example of one's morals then both are.

There are a lot of cultures, including American subcultures that closely associate clothing and appearances with morality or chastity. Pretty sure some who post on this forum subscribe to that mindset.

Ok. Lot of people accusing you of being a spineless squish with no principles ought to be heartened to read that.

I thought the critical mass was supposed to justify some shift in decision making. I’ll go read back a few pages and see if I can figure out where I lost the thread.
Decision making is impacted by critical mass. Wrong decisions are often made based on critical mass being wrong.

There are a lot of cultures, including American subcultures that closely associate clothing and appearances with morality or chastity. Pretty sure some who post on this forum subscribe to that mindset.

then eating healthy would likewise qualify if you want to define morality down to lifestyle preferences

I also note in Luther's dressing example there was no suggestion the woman's personal choice was driven by the culture to which she belonged - it implied these were individual dressing preferences

VN Store

Back