Mass Shooting in Rock Hill, SC

Sorry Pops, he just murdered 2 children, I dont think you can say he "was a good kid".

I think he's talking about him in the past tense when he was a "kid". There is real science linking brain trauma to personality changes, specifically going from non-aggression to aggression, and it manifests itself in violent ways that are totally surprising to people that know the person. Anecdotally from my own experience, I can say that my cousin changed from a sweet 13-year-old boy to an angry, unruly jerk, overnight, after a bad skateboarding accident.

I think he's talking about him in the past tense when he was a "kid". There is real science linking brain trauma to personality changes, specifically going from non-aggression to aggression, and it manifests itself in violent ways that are totally surprising to people that know the person. Anecdotally from my own experience, I can say that my cousin changed from a sweet 13-year-old boy to an angry, unruly jerk, overnight, after a bad skateboarding accident.

Or maybe his dad is a dope.

My son is dead from suicide and along the way he killed a few people including kids. I'm probably not giving interviews today.

I get that concussions mess with brain function, but they don’t cause people to kill kids. If that were the case, there’s be hundreds of current and former football players going on murder sprees all the time.

Not all brain injuries are created equal. Just because you've had a concussion doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you long-term. It can mean that, though. When we're talking about ex-NFL players, we're likely talking about dudes with incredible amounts of testosterone and then you mix that with bad wiring and sometimes it's a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
The first thing I was going to write was “that if I hear even a hint about CTE..” and that was the first thing that was mentioned. Screw that. How many concussions did players get back during the leather helmet days and how many of them became mass murderers? Don’t want to hear any excuses for this POS.

The helmets of any era are not very good at preventing concussions, because your brains rattle around inside your skull. Better equipment made for greater collisions, not to mention every position is 30-60 lbs heavier now, and they're faster.

Last edited:
Not all brain injuries are created equal. Just because you've had a concussion doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you long-term. It can mean that, though. When we're talking about ex-NFL players, we're likely talking about dudes with incredible amounts of testosterone and then you mix that with bad wiring and sometimes it's a recipe for disaster.
Unfortunately you're wasting your time. He's black and he killed a bunch of white people. Circumstances and science be damned, he's a racist in their eyes. CTE is real and it completely changes people. We've seen it before. We'll see it again. Honestly I doubt football even exists in 75 years unless significant changes are made.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
Unfortunately you're wasting your time. He's black and he killed a bunch of white people. Circumstances and science be damned, he's a racist in their eyes. CTE is real and it completely changes people. We've seen it before. We'll see it again. Honestly I doubt football even exists in 75 years unless significant changes are made.
Your self awareness is 0

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It's a good idea. In reality, especially in college football, it's nothing more than a modern day version of slave masters watching their mandingos injure themselves for entertainment.
That’s racist! Everyone knows that nobody would watch men play touch football so only white guys would be playing the game people want to watch

Maybe, but you are the one passing judgement when you have no idea what the truth is, and he has a good idea what the truth is.
That is inescapable when it comes to senseless crimes. Even juries don’t know what the truth is. What a dad says the day his son kills a family including children and then shoots himself should be taken w a grain of salt. We’re all left speculating.

Blaming CTE seems acceptable but what are the chances that marijuana and opiate use has some impact?

It’s a shame so much of the media coverage, and even there posts, deal with the killer and uncovering his motives and little to nothing about the lives that were snuffed out. How many lives did this doctor directly or indirectly extend?

Reactions: StarRaider
The helmets of any era are not very good at preventing concussions, because your brains rattle around inside your skull. Better equipment made for greater collisions, not to mention every position is 30-60 lbs heavier now, and they're faster.
I agree that the guys are bigger, faster, stronger and the equipment is much improved, but I still think the way the game was played, the way it was encouraged to be played, the neglect of the body and the lack of understanding of what actually was happening with brain injuries allowed for plenty of undocumented concussions to take place. I think the same can be said for hockey. I just have hard time buying how a guy can kill 5 people, 2 of whom are small children and people want to instantly say it was CTE like it was someone or something else that caused this mass murder, other than the guy committing a heinous crime.

Blaming CTE seems acceptable but what are the chances that marijuana and opiate use has some impact?
Someone on marijuana is more concerned about what they are going to eat after chilling on the couch than going guns a-blazing.

Reactions: CABVOL

VN Store

Back