Mass Shooting in Rock Hill, SC

You seem more concerned with optics and how we judge this man in the court of public opinion than understanding what happened here.

Being an incel isn't an excuse. It's an explanation. Being crazy is an explanation. Being evil is an explanation. Having brain damage is an explanation. If we know what the causes are, we can use these incidents as cautionary tales.
I think my concern stems from the idea that no one will know what the actual explanation is until there is an autopsy and a lot of people are already concluding that this was because of CTE. It’s almost a feeling of, while this was horrible for the family that was brutally murdered, let’s not forget the underlying issue was that this guy was probably “suffering from CTE”.

Reactions: AM64
I think my concern stems from the idea that no one will know what the actual explanation is until there is an autopsy and a lot of people are already concluding that this was because of CTE. It’s almost a feeling of, while this was horrible for the family that was brutally murdered, let’s not forget the underlying issue was that this guy was probably “suffering from CTE”.

They can bring in the George Floyd doctors.

Nobody should be concluding that but I would also say it's the most reasonable leading theory.

CTE can't be "the cause". At most it could be a down the line contributing factor.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Nobody should be concluding that but I would also say it's the most reasonable leading theory.
If that’s the case and people want to run with that theory I have issues with the phrasing . I don’t want to hear about a guy suffering after he just killed 5 people, including small children. That’s where I choose to believe there is some sort of victim complex being assigned to this guy.

Last edited:
If that’s the case and people want to run with that theory I have issues with the phrasing . I don’t want to hear about a guy suffering after he just killed 5 people, including small children. That’s where I choose to believe there is some sort of victim complex be assigned to this guy.

I haven't heard any of that talk.

If you have brain injuries I am not sure we can assume a given drug effects you the same as it affects most others.
Correct, in my younger days I noticed the different affects cocaine had on different people. It was very interesting to me and caused me to do some study on the subject.

Reactions: allvol123
I haven't heard any of that talk.
When I initially used the term “suffering” I was saying that it was a term being used to describe Adams that I had seen on Twitter, heard on Tv and sports radio. I realize it’s a figure of speech, but at the same time it comes across as making the murders more understandable because this guy didn’t have his faculties about him. How could he possibly have helped himself because of this or that? To me it sends the wrong message whether it’s intent is to or not. I think the fact that this guy was an NFL player takes away from the real tragedy here. Everyone need to know why. Maybe this guy was just a ****ing psycho?

What are you basing this on?

Common sense and history. I don't know why he did what he did but whatever reason it wasn't because of CTE. At most CTE was a down the line contributing factor in the sense it made it more difficult for him to handle whatever other problems he had but it wasn't THE cause.

Common sense and history. I don't know why he did what he did but whatever reason it wasn't because of CTE. At most CTE was a down the line contributing factor in the sense it made it more difficult for him to handle whatever other problems he had but it wasn't THE cause.

So then nothing.

You're dealing in absolutes here and you've ruled it out as a cause based on no information other than "history", wtf that means.

Has anyone substantiated the claim that the killer was recently denied a prescription medication of some sort? That would certainly move "CTE" further down the list of probable causes, for me.

Has anyone substantiated the claim that the killer was recently denied a prescription medication of some sort? That would certainly move "CTE" further down the list of probable causes, for me.

It does the opposite for me. If he raged over a drug prescription, that makes it seem likely something is wrong with his amygdala.

So then nothing.

You're dealing in absolutes here and you've ruled it out as a cause based on no information other than "history", wtf that means.

There is no documented history of CTE being the cause of murder let alone mass murder. He had other issues. Claiming CTE caused this is a copout.

I would think huff and some of the others would want CTE ruled out as soon as possible. Because.... if one less gun saves a life, then one less hit to the head... Therefore, #banfootball.

VN Store

Back