Mattis Leaving in February

0AADA9AE-6CA6-48C8-92BA-4B5CD5CC8F5C.jpeg
Rand Paul shines Trump’s boots a bit too much for my taste but his Twitter is pretty funny.

He got some digs in at Bolton too.

Reactions: davethevol
He got some digs in at Bolton too.

tumblr_m6s1dq6N7I1qaseldo1_500.png

Leave him alone. He's had to deal with enough already.

Reactions: davethevol
During the last days of the Nixon Administration James Schlesinger, Nixon’s SEDEF told the commander something similar. He told the Strategic Command commander “If the president gave any nuclear launch order, military commanders should check with either him or Secretary of State Henry Kissinger before executing them.”

So yea it’s no that hard to believe because it’s happened before.

Uh huh...

Well, factually of course you are wrong. He's not first.
But to be clear, he may not be the first to start a drawdown, but he is starting one, correct?

Second, your theory as to why he did it is in the interests of some peace-promoting goal, whereas the more likely explanation is he bought into what Turkish President said on the phone, or its part of his Putin appeasement.
Does it matter how he arrived at this decision?

Third, there are credible reports he asked to bomb North Korea and had to be talked out of it.
I doubt this.

But, lets play along with this assumption. Maybe it was Dennis Rodman that discouraged him from bombing them. I mean, the media and the leftists gave Trump a hard time over Rodman's involvement in all of that.

There is plenty of reason to worry about his irrationality.
Meh, outside of the missile attacks on Syria for alleged gas attacks by the Assad regime, I'm not sure most peace loving people could complain about Trump's foreign policy... esp. in comparison to what we've had over the last 30 years.

During the last days of the Nixon Administration James Schlesinger, Nixon’s SEDEF told the commander something similar. He told the Strategic Command commander “If the president gave any nuclear launch order, military commanders should check with either him or Secretary of State Henry Kissinger before executing them.”

So yea it’s no that hard to believe because it’s happened before.
As much as Bolton concerns me, surely you are not thinking we need Henry Kissinger running interference for Trump?

Reactions: ajvol01
Trump just said he fired Mattis.

Even though in actuality Mattis resigned in protest.

What is that, lie # 3,862 by Trump for the day?

C'mon man!

You're a lawyer?

Even you know that if someone asks for your resignation that means:

latest

Reactions: Obsessed

"Obama fired him, and essentially so did I."

Trump said that he "essentially" fired Mattis. You left that word out in your unbiased recap of his statement.

Reactions: Obsessed
C'mon man!

You're a lawyer?

Even you know that if someone asks for your resignation that means:

latest

Wrong! Mathis submitted his letter of resignation after Trump would not alter his Syrian withdrawal plans during that meeting. He stated his departure date was to be February 28th and explained in his letter that would give POTUS time to find his replacement

True to Trumps reaction to people who Trump perceived as rejecting him, Trump has a schoolgirl type snit and told Mattis December 31 would be his last day

Is it true we're not rushing out of Syria after all? That ISIS is still there? Surprising.

Remember when I said Mattis and Dunford prevented us from getting into a war with North Korea.

VN Store

Back