Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

You and Trut should be on Kim Davis' side then. She apparently thinks that the gay marriage ruling is stupid. If she thinks like you two, she shouldn't go along with the law.

I've stated my admiration. Further, I don't support the law because it's the law. I support it because I think it's just and I think her response is unjust.

And, this response in no way contradicts my statements in here regarding the legality of the detention to those questioning the legality.

Reactions: 1 person
We dont have fully free markets now.

An american citizen that cuts trees or installs wood floors will need a business license, insurance, payroll taxes, etc. An illegal will just do it on the slide and not worry about those issues. Hell, he has already proven rules do not mattter to him.

It's a shame, isn't it?

It is very sad, I know from experience.

I rate these issues - regulations, licensing, etc. as ones that should be much higher on our list of concerns than making sure we have enough labor. We have plenty of labor.

What makes you say we have plenty of labor? Compared to what? Cheap labor is always a plus, and we need more labor to fund entitlements and it's going to get worse as baby boomers continue to retire.

We need economic literacy.

In what world are inflated prices good? Did you learn this from FDR? Holy crap, people!

The jobs market blows, and employers are too timid filling good paying jobs. People aren't getting raises anymore and benefits are being cut. Good manufacturing jobs are being shipped out and this is all good news to you?

The jobs market blows, and employers are too timid filling good paying jobs. People aren't getting raises anymore and benefits are being cut. Good manufacturing jobs are being shipped out and this is all good news to you?

You're trying to change the topic to distract from the fact that you have advocated depression extending policies popularized by FDR.

I won't let you off the hook. So you support Seattle's minimum wage?

What makes you say we have plenty of labor? Compared to what? Cheap labor is always a plus, and we need more labor to fund entitlements and it's going to get worse as baby boomers continue to retire.

The fact that I have never in my life worried about the price of any service or good produced by unskilled labor leads me to believe labor is not an issue. Combine that with the fact we have a ton of labor sitting on the sidelines due to subsidizing laziness in this society and I am comfortable with choking down on mass immigration.

The fact that I have never in my life worried about the price of any service or good produced by unskilled labor leads me to believe labor is not an issue.

Sounds like you've lived a life of privilege. Also "not an issue" and "plenty" are two different statements.

Combine that with the fact we have a ton of labor sitting on the sidelines due to subsidizing laziness in this society and I am comfortable with choking down on mass immigration.

What does that have to do with immigration?

No I don't support that garbage. We've got plenty of unskilled labor. I'm talking about skilled, educated labor. Companies aren't hiring or promoting because they are unsure of a changing regulatory market or the Fed is saying stupid stuff. The jobs market blows because of uncertainty from the govt

No I don't support that garbage. We've got plenty of unskilled labor. I'm talking about skilled, educated labor. Companies aren't hiring or promoting because they are unsure of a changing regulatory market or the Fed is saying stupid stuff. The jobs market blows because of uncertainty from the govt

So for people like you. Got it.

You said "inflated wages". Doesn't matter what class it's for, that's some liberal, top down control dumbassery

Sounds like you've lived a life of privilege. Also "not an issue" and "plenty" are two different statements.

What does that have to do with immigration?

Nope. I lived a comfortable life because I have never feared work.

If there is a concern that choking off immigration will negatively impact the labor market then I am pointing out we have an untapped labor supply.

For all you tards that believe the cheap labor lie.

CHEAP LABOR?

Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage

Consumers don't want expensive produce

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs

But the bottom line is cheap labor
The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie
~ there is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children.

He takes a job for $5.00 or $6.00/ hour.

At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

[] He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent

He qualifies for food stamps

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school

He requires bilingual teachers and books

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI.

Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare.

All of this is at that taxpayer's expense.

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00 /hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/ hour left after paying their bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? -- YEAH RIGHT! LMFAO!

Reactions: 3 people
Nope. I lived a comfortable life because I have never feared work.

If there is a concern that choking off immigration will negatively impact the labor market then I am pointing out we have an untapped labor supply.

Americans don't want to clean bathrooms for $8. I hope you don't mind paying 20-40%* more for those kinds of services.

*admittedly, blindass guess

For all you tards that believe the cheap labor lie.

CHEAP LABOR?

Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage

Consumers don't want expensive produce

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs

But the bottom line is cheap labor
The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie
~ there is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children.

He takes a job for $5.00 or $6.00/ hour.

At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

[] He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent

He qualifies for food stamps

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school

He requires bilingual teachers and books

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI.

Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare.

All of this is at that taxpayer's expense.

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00 /hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/ hour left after paying their bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? -- YEAH RIGHT! LMFAO!

Link?

And you think this is representative of reality?

Americans don't want to clean bathrooms for $8. I hope you don't mind paying 20-40%* more for those kinds of services.

*admittedly, blindass guess

Those Americans need to stop being subsidized, I dont care what they want.

And no, I dont mind.

Those Americans need to stop being subsidized, I dont care what they want.

And no, I dont mind.

But they are not going to stop getting subsidized. That's reality. you are 1 person. Do you mind what will happen to the economy, or are you rich enough to be impervious to that?

But they are not going to stop getting subsidized. That's reality. you are 1 person. Do you mind what will happen to the economy, or are you rich enough to be impervious to that?

Youre right, usually when one thing changes absolutely everything else remains the same.

For a free market guy, you seem oblivious to the idea of solutions emerging. Evidently the entire American econmy is teetering on labor supplied by mexico and central america.

I am confident enough in my skills to be ok with it.

Youre right, usually when one thing changes absolutely everything else remains the same.

For a free market guy, you seem oblivious to the idea of solutions emerging. Evidently the entire American econmy is teetering on labor supplied by mexico and central america.

I am confident enough in my skills to be ok with it.

You are misrepresenting again. I don't like inferior solutions. I didn't say there wouldn't be any. I didn't say the "entire economy is teetering", but a significant portion of the labor force is illegal. You can't get rid of that without creating a lot of problems.

VN Store

Back