Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

Islam or radical terrorism? He wants to help people get away from that garbage. Obviously he doesn't think highly of it.

Yeah, that's been the the thinking in Dearborn, MI and Minneapolis and look how that's turning out.

Yeah, that's been the the thinking in Dearborn, MI and Minneapolis and look how that's turning out.

I don't agree with the local codes they are trying to enforce with Shariah law, but I don't think that's a good reason to deny refugees sanctuary here. You're talking about two little pockets of a gigantic country. We have millions of Muslims in America and the large majority don't cause trouble.

The Syrian exodus sparks fears of Islamic terrorists making their way here. But people who trek hundreds of miles on foot or cram into rubber rafts for ocean voyages typically have more pressing objectives than militancy. They do it to escape violence and extremism, not to spread it. We know how to handle this challenge, having already admitted more than 100,000 Iraqis.

Reactions: 1 person
I am having trouble deciding on coupe or convert. The top down is much easier to do on the convert, but I would worry about putting golf clubs in the trunk. They will fit, but I'm afraid of scratching the paint around the trunk. Also, the convert top looks a little small, compared to the body.

If you buy a convertible, it will confirm my suspicion that you are Caitlyn Jenner.

If you buy a convertible, it will confirm my suspicion that you are Caitlyn Jenner.
I'm starting to get somewhat interested in the Cadillac ATS-V. Not a convertible, but a heck of a hotrod. 0-60 in 3.8, quarter in 12.2 at 118, top speed 189.

Last edited:
CTS-V is my dream car. I like where your head is at with the ATS-V.
The CTS-V has what, 600-650 hp? That thing should be wicked. The poor little ATS-V has to get by with 464 hp. It's maybe 400 pounds lighter I think.
The big car is 4 door only IIRC. Do you like 2 or 4 doors in the little car, auto or manual?

I think you have to go manual on something that ballsy. It's just more fun that way.

I would go 2 door on that one.

Usually I don't like 2-door on anything that isn't 100% sports car, but Cadillac historically has made that option work for me.

1967coupedevillecust050711.jpg

Pot to kettle much? Hezbollah and Iraq during our occupation say hello. and even before we got involved if you believed Hussein

Not sure what your point is. His point is we've been aiding and encouraging the emergence of terrorist cells and despotic governments with our intervention. It goes way back into the 1950s and became rampant in the 1980s.

We feared Iran so we strengthened Hussein in 1982, which pissed off Iran (and later we ended up enemies with Hussein). Iran backed the emergence of Hezbollah and then we get attacked in Beirut 1983.

Blowback.

Not sure what your point is. His point is we've been aiding and encouraging the emergence of terrorist cells and despotic governments with our intervention. It goes way back into the 1950s and became rampant in the 1980s.

We feared Iran so we strengthened Hussein in 1982, which pissed off Iran (and later we ended up enemies with Hussein). Iran backed the emergence of Hezbollah and then we get attacked in Beirut 1983.

Blowback.

so the game of constant retaliation still keeps that corner of the world in constant chaos. Is anyone surprised?

Assad, his father and by extension the Russians did the same thing. we aren't the only piece of the pie like Assad's statement made it seem like it was. thus the pot to kettle. both are still black, but its an erroneous statement to call attention to the blackness of one while avoiding the other.

I just don't get it. Republicans worship at the feet of Reagan, and after Beirut Reagan cut and run. He basically said you can't win there. Here we are 30 years later, not winning.

Reactions: 2 people
I just don't get it. Republicans worship at the feet of Reagan, and after Beirut Reagan cut and run. He basically said you can't win there. Here we are 30 years later, not winning.

not arguing they we shouldn't be involved. I would be happy as can be if we withdrew all assets and let them sort themselves out for a while. Just saying we aren't the only ones, so Assad can't put the whole blame on the US, when he is so fond of that particular activity. again pot to kettle.

VN Store

Back