Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

Not sure what your point is. His point is we've been aiding and encouraging the emergence of terrorist cells and despotic governments with our intervention. It goes way back into the 1950s and became rampant in the 1980s.

We feared Iran so we strengthened Hussein in 1982, which pissed off Iran (and later we ended up enemies with Hussein). Iran backed the emergence of Hezbollah and then we get attacked in Beirut 1983.

Blowback.

As if the Soviets were any better during that same time frame...

I just don't get it. Republicans worship at the feet of Reagan, and after Beirut Reagan cut and run. He basically said you can't win there. Here we are 30 years later, not winning.

Trump wins at life. We can't win in world affairs. Only logical thing to do is elect a winner like Trump. I hope he selects Charie Sheen as his running mate. Talk about winners.

Wtf are you talking about? I bet you drive a Prius or VW Beetle...... Macho Man

I have two cars. One is a 1966 289 HiPo Mustang coupe. The other is a 2007 v6 Accord. Neither are exceptionally masculine, but they aren't distinctly girl cars either. Convertibles are for hot blonde chicks that want to look like Barbie. Or for chunky brunette girls that have a high opinion of themselves.

Reactions: 2 people
I have two cars. One is a 1966 289 HiPo Mustang coupe. The other is a 2007 v6 Accord. Neither are exceptionally masculine, but they aren't distinctly girl cars either. Convertibles are for hot blonde chicks that want to look like Barbie. Or for chunky brunette girls that have a high opinion of themselves.

Pics of the Stang please....

Pics of the Stang please....

It is in storage in Knoxville and I'm in Atlanta. Bought it when I was 17 to restore it and then promptly moved to Chattanooga for school. It is currently in a state of disrepair. Sorry I don't have pics.

It's the point that Assad specifically states the "west" was the problem. And through a Russian media outlet at that.

The Soviets were just as much to blame for unrest in the Middle East as the West was during the 1980s and earlier. So you cannot lay the blame for the emergence of terrorist groups and despotic regimes only at the US as the Soviets were just as much to blame as we are.

Reactions: 1 person
It's the point that Assad specifically states the "west" was the problem. And through a Russian media outlet at that.

The Soviets were just as much to blame for unrest in the Middle East as the West was during the 1980s and earlier. So you cannot lay the blame for the emergence of terrorist groups and despotic regimes only at the US as the Soviets were just as much to blame as we are.

a point that is lost on these guys. its only ever America's fault. no one else is capable of doing anything.

Reactions: 2 people

Oh whoops, I had no idea how your point related to mine. I forgot the context from the posts before because it's been days.

Oh whoops, I had no idea how your point related to mine. I forgot the context from the posts before because it's been days.

I understand. You ignore me from time to time as well. :p

I just find it amusing that Assad chooses to use Russian based media since they are a staunch supporter and blame the West for all the problems in his nation.

I just find it amusing that Assad chooses to use Russian based media since they are a staunch supporter and blame the West for all the problems in his nation.

I agree that in the past Russia/USSR did as much/more than US to **** with Islamic countries, but Assad probably singles us out because we are currently much more active than Russia in the ME and western Asia.

I drive an Aston Martin.

And by Aston Martin I mean Nissan.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that in the past Russia/USSR did as much/more than US to **** with Islamic countries, but Assad probably singles us out because we are currently much more active than Russia in the ME and western Asia.

Assad singles us out because the Russians are propping him up at the present moment. Trust me, the tables would turn rather quickly if/when they cut the umbilical.

The western media is not allowed to represent Assad on true terms.

It's like PRAVDA representing Obama to Americans. Ain't gonna happen...

VN Store

Back