Milton opt out?

The disrespect toward a Big Ten division champion is puzzling. I felt confident when we had all of our tools in the tool belt. Now not so much.

I still think we can win but I'm guessing this Iowa team comes in disciplined and ready without a lot of drama leading up to the game.
Minnesota beat them. The two games they played against good competition, they got destroyed. They deserve the disrespect.

Pretty sorry if you ask me that a Starting QB opts out and quits on your team for the bowl game 5 days before the game. Yeah he or others are really VFLs!
I'm guessing it was less Joe's decision and more the coaches decision based on what's best for the team. Joe doesn't gain anything either way. His draft stock doesn't improve but he could get hurt and not get drafted. It helps the team by getting a freshman qb experience against a tough defense. So I'd say the team has known for awhile but wanted iowa to prepare for Joe. Giving us a slight advantage.

If Milton ever see the field of a real NFL game I'll be surprised. I honestly think he goes undrafted. Theres a lot of QBs in this years draft. It smart of him to opt out because a bad performance will ensure he doesn't get drafted.
With his arm strength someone will definitely draft him. I hope he finds success. Why everyone is hating on him is mind blowing.
Yes he could've been better.
Yes he made mistakes.
But he wore the orange and white and gave his all. He's a winning quarterback. Much better than some others before him. I'd take a 8-4 season over a 3-9 season again.

Pretty sorry if you ask me that a Starting QB opts out and quits on your team for the bowl game 5 days before the game. Yeah he or others are really VFLs!
He is still a full blown VFL, and he would have to go to the hospital and kick some babies before he could sink below the serial detractors on the character meter.

Tennessee's decision to start Nico Iamaleava caught Iowa off guard​

"Tennessee's decision to hold off on revealing the news publicly was almost certainly an act of gamesmanship from Heupel and his staff -- to make Iowa prepare for Milton for as long as possible.

And it worked."

With his arm strength someone will definitely draft him. I hope he finds success. Why everyone is hating on him is mind blowing.
Yes he could've been better.
Yes he made mistakes.
But he wore the orange and white and gave his all. He's a winning quarterback. Much better than some others before him. I'd take a 8-4 season over a 3-9 season again.
You call a duck a duck. It's not hate. Why is everyone afraid of criticism anymore. It's like, if you ain't saying the best things, then shut up. Thin skin wimps everyone has become.

I remember when bowl games meant something. Now they’re no more meaningful than an inter-squad scrimmage.
F this
Yeah since this Portal and NIL Crap, Outside of really the playoffs, and not really even them. Bowls are nothing anymore! The Transfer Portal shouldn't even open until AFTER the Bowls. Players should be made to finish out what was started. All bowls are now are games for the freshmen

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Possibly the dumbest post I've seen here. Nico has been taking first team reps all bowl practice. This has been known by the staff and players, and hinted at by VQ and others for a long time.

Just because you only found out about it today, doesn't mean he "quit" on his team 5 days before the game.
I think it's more like he cares more for the team than he does himself. He knows next year starts now, if he didn't opt out it would hurt the team moving forward. Everyone is going to say because an injury would hurt his draft stock. That wasn't a major factor in his decision in MHO.

I remember when bowl games meant something. Now they’re no more meaningful than an inter-squad scrimmage.
F this
All about "gettin' paid". 'Bout time college players got their freedom. They've been used and taken advantage of for far too long. Can't expect them to put in the work they do for that pittance they call a college education.

Tennessee's decision to start Nico Iamaleava caught Iowa off guard​

"Tennessee's decision to hold off on revealing the news publicly was almost certainly an act of gamesmanship from Heupel and his staff -- to make Iowa prepare for Milton for as long as possible.

And it worked."
Just means they've got a little more time to jump those endless WR screens. Not sure the offense will change much due to the WR corp.

I'm guessing it was less Joe's decision and more the coaches decision based on what's best for the team. Joe doesn't gain anything either way. His draft stock doesn't improve but he could get hurt and not get drafted. It helps the team by getting a freshman qb experience against a tough defense. So I'd say the team has known for awhile but wanted iowa to prepare for Joe. Giving us a slight advantage.

A couple of articles I read this AM indicated that this was true but Heuple showed some class and did not disclose it to let Joe make the announcement it was his decision to opt out. Very good decision for both sides. Article indicated Nico had been taking all the snaps since bowl practice started.

Off the Hook sports was one of them in case anyone needs backup.

VN Store

Back