Milton opt out?

It’s funny all the Joe Defenders. I’m tremendously happy he’s gone; but the guy dipped out early while the team stuck with him the whole dang way. Get over yourselves, Joe was a terrible QB. Great person, terrible player. Peace ✌️ out to all the players who quit.
Joe wasn't great but he wasn't "terrible". This also doesn't make me a Joe worshipper.

Because he was probably told Nico is getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarter. So we can prepare for next year. These games are nothing but glorified scrimmages with a trophy at the end. Unless you make the playoff.

Reactions: EastTNVol6240
Because he was probably told Nico is getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarter. So we can prepare for next year. These games are nothing but glorified scrimmages with a trophy at the end. Unless you make the playoff.
No. Joe would’ve started and played the whole game had he not opted out.

Reactions: cgrish
No. Joe would’ve started and played the whole game had he not opted out.
Nico plays most of this game even if Joe had not opted out. It’s a glorified scrimmage man. You have to get ready for next year. If you didn’t play Nico then Heupel is an idiot.

Nico plays most of this game even if Joe had not opted out. It’s a glorified scrimmage man. You have to get ready for next year. If you didn’t play Nico then Heupel is an idiot.
The coaches do not treat any game like a “glorified scrimmage” - they are always trying to win. Which they’re supposed to do.

The coaches do not treat any game like a “glorified scrimmage” - they are always trying to win. Which they’re supposed to do.
no, but the players do. it looks like NICO is starting. milton is option our to save himself for the practice squad

Dude this game is a glorified scrimmage, of course you play to win dah! Why would you play Milton , when you can get Nico experience vs a top caliber defense. We already know what Joe would do, get sacked about 6 times and we win 13-10

I get it every fanbase has idiots who for some reason feel it is ok to blast a 18-24 year old kid. Although its really disheartening to hear the lack of respect given to a kid that gave his all for UT. Keep blasting though because I have no doubt that is going to help get the attention of the 5*'s that we desperately need.

Onto Nico, I have no doubt that the call was made weeks back for Nico to be the starter. As already stated the bowl games are pretty much pointless now. Might as well use it to build for next year.

Finally on Joe to the NFL, I could see a team taking a shot on him earlier than any of us really expect. I almost feel like the NFL is a better option for him (depending on team) with him wanting to be a pocket passer. He is going to have better WR's right off the bat in the NFL. Does that mean he is going to have a great career? Who knows. I do think he is going to get a shot to do something that 99% of this board didn't though. Be happy for the kid.

Coaches can do a little of that, but have to be careful. Selling out the current team in favor of the next one is a great way to lose the locker room and fill up the transfer portal. These transitions don't quite work the way fans seem to think.

OK so what do you guys say that's been wanting Joe gone if Nico goes 10-25 for 130 and 3 picks. Just asking
Some will say, he didn't get the reps during the season. That doesn't hold up since some have been saying if Nico had started we would've been 10-2 or better so if they think he could do that during the season he should be able to win against a team like Iowa. I'm already expecting the "we paid $8 million for this" comments when we lose our first game that he doesn't play well in next season.
I think 2024 will be a gel'n season for the team with making a run for the CFP in 2025. If we do it in 2024 then all the better

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back