Milton opt out?

I sincerely feel bad for Joe. The same lack of awareness on the field carries over. Maybe some NFL team thinks they can fix him between the ears, or fails to notice. I just don't see it. Kinda sad.
Or Joe ends up making seven figures to stand on the sideline holding a clipboard. I can sure think of worse job situations 😉. Don’t feel too bad for him.

To some this game may not seem important but it is what we will remember last of this season and set the tone going into 2024.

I hope we find a way to win - but with all the defensive players leaving and a offensive backfield with what 1 starter from the year - we are either going to come out of this with the future looking bright or a drop out of the top 25.

I sincerely feel bad for Joe. The same lack of awareness on the field carries over. Maybe some NFL team thinks they can fix him between the ears, or fails to notice. I just don't see it. Kinda sad.
While I’m not sure Joe makes it in the NFL, there are a lot of really bad QBs in the NFL so he will be given a chance.

Maybe I just don't get it, but for the life of me I don't get why people think Bowl games have changed drastically. 90% of them have always been about a little pride, interesting matchups, making a little money and filling airtime over the holidays. Granted, opt outs and transfers have made things more difficult, but in the end it's still football.

I guess I'm just easily entertained. lol

I think the chase for number 1 with an official playoff have taken its toll. Before the bowl games was a way to understand how the conferences stacked up to each other. I think they still do that in a way.

Reactions: KHVol
Gonna leave this here among all the gnashing of teeth over Milton bowing out....

“Joe’s been with us throughout bowl preparation, just as he was going through his process of how he was going to handle things at the end. Guys are excited to get an opportunity to play with Nico. They appreciate Joe, obviously for everything that he’s done. He has been a great teammate to everybody inside of that locker room. He’s been a great teammate to Nico as well. He’s been a part of the preparation. He’ll be with us all week long and continue to help us in that way.”

I think the chase for number 1 with an official playoff have taken its toll. Before the bowl games was a way to understand how the conferences stacked up to each other. I think they still do that in a way.

True, the playoff (even when it was just the BCS) became only about competing for a national title, and the rest of the bowls became more and more meaningless. The portal and opt-outs have made them into exhibition games to see your young talent. I don't think they have the same 'conference pride' feeling any more when teams are essentially shells of what they were during the season.

Hell, look at the Florida State team playing Georgia, missing 15 or so players and with a 3rd string QB. A complete joke.

Reactions: MeanOrange
To some this game may not seem important but it is what we will remember last of this season and set the tone going into 2024.

I hope we find a way to win - but with all the defensive players leaving and a offensive backfield with what 1 starter from the year - we are either going to come out of this with the future looking bright or a drop out of the top 25.
I see all the above as a positive for Tennessee. Go VOLS! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Gonna leave this here among all the gnashing of teeth over Milton bowing out....

“Joe’s been with us throughout bowl preparation, just as he was going through his process of how he was going to handle things at the end. Guys are excited to get an opportunity to play with Nico. They appreciate Joe, obviously for everything that he’s done. He has been a great teammate to everybody inside of that locker room. He’s been a great teammate to Nico as well. He’s been a part of the preparation. He’ll be with us all week long and continue to help us in that way.”

Basically, he is supporting Nico the same way Hooker supported him.

Basically, he is supporting Nico the same way Hooker supported him.
Exactly.

The results weren't as good as anyone wanted this season and Milton definitely had a hand in that at times.

The non-stop b%tching about him even when it was clear the staff weren't going to go with Iamaleava wore thin though.

And I am gonna trust the words of Heupel over some of the more vocal dips$hits on here though as to Milton's character.

Reactions: KHVol and sami

Joe has been the consummate teammate and an asset to the program, and I wish him nothing but success moving forward. Hopefully he will end up back here in some way once his pro playing days are over.

Personally don't see Milton not getting drafted. The NFL is starved for talent at QB and teams are going to be willing to take chances, especially when they have an arm like Milton.

He is a day 3 project for a team between rounds 5 and 7 at worst and might talk his way into an earlier round with the interviews and the arm talent that some team pulls the trigger earlier.

He isn't getting near the 1st with Williams, Maye, Nix and Daniels around.

Think McCarthy and Penix are later first, early second types then Hartman and Pratt work in the next tier.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Personally don't see Milton not getting drafted. The NFL is starved for talent at QB and teams are going to be willing to take chances, especially when they have an arm like Milton.

He is a day 3 project for a team between rounds 5 and 7 at worst and might talk his way into an earlier round with the interviews and the arm talent that some team pulls the trigger earlier.

He isn't getting near the 1st with Williams, Maye, Nix and Daniels around.

Think McCarthy and Penix are later first, early second types then Hartman and Pratt work in the next tier.
The new USFL-XFL league (do they have a new name yet)? If I had to choose, I'd go with USFL.
Is he skipping the Senior Bowl too?

Reactions: JoeMiltonsAgent

VN Store

Back