MInd Your Manners in Neyland Stadium

Don't attend games anymore because of the 9 inch wide seats and the 42 inch wide obnoxious drunks on either side of me. More fun to watch you folks on TV behaving badly. LOL. You guys enjoy and have fun but for God's sake don't get so drunk you fall out of the upper deck. I'll be there in spirit at least.

PanicVol, I dig the avi.

Are you doing anything this #FallTour?? Interlocken, Asheville, D.R. here..It sucks Neil Young cancelled his Interlocken show.

What gives you the right to stand the whole time? Serious question. We all paid for tickets, shouldn't there be a happy medium? Most know when to stand and when to sit.

I'm up cheering like hell and making noise on defense, when big plays are made on offense, or when something happens I don't like. I sit the rest of the time. From what I can tell, 95 pct of the stadium does this. Most all sporting venues are the same.

If someone is up yelling, cursing, acting belligerent all during the game; I can see why people get upset, those people look like dumbasses.

Uh, well, because i can whatever i want. As can you. Honestly, I could care less if you stand or sit. And you shouldnt care that i stand. Thats kinda the point here, besides the fact that sitting makes you less of a fan.

PanicVol, I dig the avi.

Are you doing anything this #FallTour?? Interlocken, Asheville, D.R. here..It sucks Neil Young cancelled his Interlocken show.

Just got my plane tick to New Orleans. Wish i could do Interlocken but just did Targhee through Boise and still recovering.

Gonna be at the Oregon game though and watch us shock the world for Butch's coming out party.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a stander...deal with it. I get to go to one game a year. ....heck I even stand at home. If you sit that's fine....just don't tell me to. In fact, lets just clear a section and call it the "standing section"...No Chairs..just legs......

*soap box complete*

I'm a stander...deal with it. I get to go to one game a year. ....heck I even stand at home. If you sit that's fine....just don't tell me to. In fact, lets just clear a section and call it the "standing section"...No Chairs..just legs......

*soap box complete*

I'm with this guy.

Uh, well, because i can whatever i want. As can you. Honestly, I could care less if you stand or sit. And you shouldnt care that i stand. Thats kinda the point here, besides the fact that sitting makes you less of a fan.

Actually, sitting makes you smart and courteous.

Reactions: 1 person
Just got my plane tick to New Orleans. Wish i could do Interlocken but just did Targhee through Boise and still recovering.

Gonna be at the Oregon game though and watch us shock the world for Butch's coming out party.

that was a sweet run. I saw some pics from the shows, looked unreal. The recovery time keeps getting longer, the older I get.

Go Vols!! Shoot those Ducks..

*soap box complete*

Great idea Chiro. They should remove the seats from a couple sections and have standing only sections. Only the most ardent fans who want to stand and raise hell would be able to buy the tickets. Would be a great new angle for TV. Could bite the heads off some chickens and sacrifice some virgins and maybe even BBQ (just kidding). Seriously sounds like a hoot. Everybody could wear hardhats or some of those new brickhead hats. Sounds like Sam's Army at US soccer games. Nickname would be "Vertical Vols"

Last edited:
I wonder if Miss Manners would find it unsportsmanlike if I took my prosthetic leg off and swung it at annoying fans of the other team? She'd probably also frown on me slipping alcohol into the stadium in the hollow of the leg and foot.

Well, posh; whatever shall I do? We must not offend her sensibilities!

Great idea Chiro. They should remove the seats from a couple sections and have standing only sections. Only the most ardent fans who want to stand and raise hell would be able to buy the tickets. Would be a great new angle for TV. Could bite the heads off some chickens and sacrifice some virgins and maybe even BBQ (just kidding). Seriously sounds like a hoot. Everybody could wear hardhats or some of those new brickhead hats. Sounds like Sam's Army at US soccer games. A hoot.

I was a part of Sam's Army back in June when Germany came to town. I've never yelled so loudly in my life. Dempsey's two goals in the second half had R.F.K. Stadium in an uproar!

So, does this mean the zebras are going to flag the Defence for motioning people to get off their butts nd support the team?
No, then stand up and shout.
GBO

I was a part of Sam's Army back in June when Germany came to town. I've never yelled so loudly in my life. Dempsey's two goals in the second half had R.F.K. Stadium in an uproar!

Exactly. Concentrate the really passionate fans in close proximity to each other and leave us blue hairs to our golf claps. LOL.

Exactly. Concentrate the really passionate fans in close proximity to each other and leave us blue hairs to our golf claps. LOL.

Just seat them in sections around the student section and the lower halves of the sidelines. Neyland's decibel levels could easily rival a Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium. If you haven't noticed, there aren't too many "blue hairs" filling the stands in Baton Rouge.

Please enlighten me on how sitting makes you more intelligent? Maybe you should watch from home, and enjoy your courtesies at church.

100,000 people sitting, 100 people standing. Odds are in my favor. Im not the one standing there screaming while the offense is making calls.

Standing and yelling constantly does nothing but show lack of class.
Gristleheads are ruining all of sports.
It is getting to the point people are afraid to take their kids to large sporting events.
When something exciting is happening, it is expected that fans will stand and cheer.
Then have a seat so the people that paid for a seat can SIT.

This problem can be solved.

A STANDING ONLY SECTION

VN Store

Back