Minneapolis to allow Muslim prayer call broadcasts at all hours

What are you talking about? Where in this country are children allowed to work? Child marriage is banned. A few states allow it at 16-18 with parents l consent.
States like Iowa are rolling back protections so kids that can't even drive can work night shifts and assembly lines. Marriage age has come up recently in several states and changes have been shot down. 34 states set the min at 16yo or lower. If you want to protect children then protect them all

Reactions: flint and tvolsfan
This country most certainly did leave Reconstruction. 😂

The Great Reset is the latest continuation of Reconstruction, which itself was more of a revolution against the founders American Republic. Reconstruction wasn't limited to the south and it never ended because it was an open ended revolution creating a new America after Lincoln and his Republicans shredded the Constitution.

States like Iowa are rolling back protections so kids that can't even drive can work night shifts and assembly lines. Marriage agree has come up recently in several states and changes have been shot down. 34 states set the min at 16yo or lower. If you want to protect children then protect them all

Archaic work restrictions on minors is not protecting them.

Reactions: AM64 and OrangeBoro
It will happen regardless. Once decadence becomes so rife in a society that reality is disregarded for Carte Blanche Individualism… collapse is already imminent.

See: Weimar Republic, Rome, Athens, Egypt.

Too busy bickering amongst themselves because they don’t share values or morals to realize a nation that never would’ve beaten them otherwise has already invaded.

The collapse is already happening. It is inevitable.

States like Iowa are rolling back protections so kids that can't even drive can work night shifts and assembly lines. Marriage agree has come up recently in several states and changes have been shot down. 34 states set the min at 16yo or lower. If you want to protect children then protect them all
Protect them from what exactly? If a kid drops out of high school, they should go to work. And having fast food be their only option isn’t helping them. You were acting like we were sending 9 year olds to the coal mines again.

Marriage age, what does it matter? They need parents consent to do it. That’s more than I can say about cutting your genitals off and shooting up hormones.

It’s weird you lost these examples as though they are all analogous to each other.

Hate to break it to you, but debate and disagreement is a fundamental part of democracy. Has been since the beginning.

I agree, although we technically aren't a democracy, but that doesn't matter here. The problem isn't debate and disagreement, the problem is the growing divide is too large to debate. At what point does the divide in opinion become so large that debate is no longer possible.

Protect them from what exactly? If a kid drops out of high school, they should go to work. And having fast food be their only option isn’t helping them. You were acting like we were sending 9 year olds to the coal mines again.
a 14yo should not be dropping out or working in a coal mine. Assembly lines, construction, etc are being done by kids. With these rollbacks there's also been an increase in labor law violations. Unlikely a coincidence

Marriage age, what does it matter? They need parents consent to do it. That’s more than I can say about cutting your genitals off and shooting up hormones.
the marriage of kids should be seen as trafficking. I would have assumed you to be against that

Are you now ok with sex change surgery for minors as long as a parent signs off?

Ummm well Unfortunately we have elements where the parents think that’s OK. My ex wife was raised Pentecostal and their church doesn’t have a college age Sunday school class because everyone gets married straight out of HS. I have no doubt that some of those snake handlers would marry their kids off earlier if the state would allow it.

My Bible also teaches that it’s Gods judgement and not mans. Also do we not know of examples of people who lived the life of a godless heathen and then found salvation before their life was over? Perhaps you’ve never heard the story of the thief on the cross. Either way, quoting scripture in political threads and then talking about people like they are trash is the EXACT opposite of the words in red. Maybe you should go and read some of them and stop trying to argue with me?

I think you could have saved yourself a post by recognizing the (purposeful) term 'cognizant heathen', one who's aware of the biblical Christ - as son of God and savior of man - but rejects him, ergo 'the toasty place'. According to your bible, doesn't that exclude Islam and therefore Muslims?

What "words in red" are you talking about?

That's a dumb statement. Children should work early and as much as they can without interfering with school or extracurriculars.
So a 14yo working the night shift in a coal mine or a 15yo in a factory is likely to have good grades and extracurriculars?

I think you could have saved yourself a post by recognizing the (purposeful) term 'cognizant heathen', one who's aware of the biblical Christ - as son of God and savior of man - but rejects him, ergo 'the toasty place'. According to your bible, doesn't that exclude Islam and therefore Muslims?

What "words in red" are you talking about?

Well I would start with love your neighbor. Since this seems to be a foreign concept to you….. maybe I should be worried about your salvation. Notice he didn’t say “Love your neighbor who accepts me”. We’re to treat EVERYONE like we were instructed to……and at the end, God will sort out who goes where.

So a 14yo working the night shift in a coal mine or a 15yo in a factory is likely to have good grades and extracurriculars?

No and they shouldn’t be operating the meat slicer in Publix either. But what’s wrong with a 12-13 year old working the cash register 8-10 hours a week or stocking cereal? Might teach some of these little bastards some math skills and make them hireable Down the line.

So? Farm work with heavy machinery has been done by kids forever. Hard work is good for a kid.
A 14yo should not be in places like a coal mine or meat processing plants imo. Farm work on a family farm is a different thing

Reactions: tvolsfan

Likely? It depends on them, my niece gets up at 3:30am to milk Monday through Thursday and milks 3 weekday evenings, does competition dance and right now is in the top 5 of her class. It depends on the kid and the parents.

And no kid is going to go work in a coal mine, that's pure hyperbole that I would expect to come from our more ignorant liberal posters. No insurance company would allow a 14yo to work in a coal mine.

No and they shouldn’t be operating the meat slicer in Publix either. But what’s wrong with a 12-13 year old working the cash register 8-10 hours a week or stocking cereal? Might teach some of these little bastards some math skills and make them hireable Down the line.
I have an 11yo and disagree that many are ready for that. There should be some time for just being a kid before hitting the work force. But that's the protection I'm talking about. We both know there are families sending a kid out to make money for the family in dangerous places. There should be more protection not less

A 14yo should not be in places like a coal mine or meat processing plants imo. Farm work on a family farm is a different thing

Family farms are much more dangerous than a meat processing plant.

Besides what WC insurance carrier is going to allow them in a coal mine or heavy industrial setting? The problem with the child labor laws is that they lump too many things in together or they are just asinine. A 17 and 364 day yo can't run a fork lift to unload a truck but magically 1 day latter he could legally get on a 60 ton excavator.

Reactions: AM64
I have an 11yo and disagree that many are ready for that. There should be some time for just being a kid before hitting the work force. But that's the protection I'm talking about. We both know there are families sending a kid out to make money for the family in dangerous places. There should be more protection not less

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t think that a 12-15 year old working from 3-5 at a grocery store 2 days a week after school and then 4 hours on Saturday is exploitive. My 6 year old spends 2-3 hours a week doing chores for me or at her grandparents house because she’s GREEDY.

Likely? It depends on them, my niece gets up at 3:30am to milk Monday through Thursday and milks 3 weekday evenings, does competition dance and right now is in the top 5 of her class. It depends on the kid and the parents.

And no kid is going to go work in a coal mine, that's pure hyperbole that I would expect to come from our more ignorant liberal posters. No insurance company would allow a 14yo to work in a coal mine.
family farm anecdote is nice but unrealistic for most. Class rank also indicates mid to late teens which is different than a middle schooler

Several kids have died from falling on construction sites. Violations of child labor laws had been increasing as protections decrease. I don't see that as a coincidence

I was specifically referring to the poster I was quoting, who I feel has been particularly racist in this thread.

That's why thought - a rational process - trumps feeling and why I object to resorting to 'racism!'. If a culture or ethos is present in a society to meaningful degree and does not share the values of, for example, this constitutional republic, at some point it will become a balkanized, fractured society with no common creed or ethos. Societies don't survive that.

As Lowe stated, religions are not races, and reminds (someone) that many people of various races/ethnicity are also Christians. I think he chose the wrong vehicle (Muslim call to prayer in MN) for a larger topic, which is the compatibility of Islam and Western society.

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t think that a 12-15 year old working from 3-5 at a grocery store 2 days a week after school and then 4 hours on Saturday is exploitive. My 6 year old spends 2-3 hours a week doing chores for me or at her grandparents house because she’s GREEDY.
I would much rather a 12-15yo (even up to 18) be doing an actual activity besides working.

family farm anecdote is nice but unrealistic for most. Class rank also indicates mid to late teens which is different than a middle schooler

Pretty sure it's legal in WV to work the mine as a minor. Several kids have died from falling on construction sites. Violations of child labor laws had been increasing as protections

So you want the government to dictate what you the parent will allow your kid to do?

Raise your kid as you wish, no problem with that at all. Don't cry to the government wanting all kids bared from working most jobs.

Reactions: AM64
Ummm well Unfortunately we have elements where the parents think that’s OK. My ex wife was raised Pentecostal and their church doesn’t have a college age Sunday school class because everyone gets married straight out of HS. I have no doubt that some of those snake handlers would marry their kids off earlier if the state would allow it.
Fair enough. I figured most parents today would say no until 16ish regardless. 16 is about as low as I could realistically see someone getting married.

These things happen here whether you realize it or not though. My boss is Indian. His parents tried to arrange his marriage for a dowry even living in the United States.

as for labor, I don’t see the issue. Kids not having a job until they are 22 is a bigger issue than kids working too early.

So you want the government to dictate what you the parent will allow your kid to do?

Raise your kid as you wish, no problem with that at all. Don't cry to the government wanting all kids bared from working most jobs.
No I want kids protected from being exploited by bad parents and corps. We've seen this play out in the US already

Reactions: tvolsfan

VN Store

Back