Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

OK, tech gurus: what is the "new" satellite data that Inmarsat used to establish the plane's supposed last location? And why did it take two weeks to figure this out?

Oh BS...

You see what you want to see on Fox. WTF else are they supposed to call them? Clarence and Roger? They are leaning towards the terror threat yes, but have not gone out screaming about radical Muslims or anything else save that dimwit retired General.

Beg to differ. They've been pretty much always bringing all of their coverage around to that angle.

Reactions: 1 person
That is what it sounds like. Maybe they have used all the resources they plan to on locating the plane and simply giving up.

Hate speculating, but its exactly what it sounds like. It reminds me of what I would finally do after my wife would ask me where her purse was.

And let the conspiracy theorists thrive.

Book titles:

"What really happened to Flight 370?"

"Flight to Nowhere. The Truth About Flight 370."

"They are Alive !!"

"Vanished. Or Did It?"

And let the conspiracy theorists thrive.

Book titles:

"What really happened to Flight 370?"

"Flight to Nowhere. The Truth About Flight 370."

"They are Alive !!"

"Vanished. Or Did It?"
Im still leaning towards either aliens did it or there was a passenger by the name Dr Rick Marshall on board

Families were notified by text message............stay classy Malaysia

Bjf2pDNCMAIytjV.jpg

OK, tech gurus: what is the "new" satellite data that Inmarsat used to establish the plane's supposed last location? And why did it take two weeks to figure this out?

My best guess would be another government agency passed some data to Inmarsat to pass to the Malays. If I was a betting man, they figured even if everyone was dead, there would still be some "signals" coming from a variety of stuff on the plane. Easiest would be to look to see if any cell phones were still on and pull the data to see their last location and when they went dead. That other government agency wouldn't want to publicize that they could collect that data so they would let Inmarsat be the interlocutor.

Edit: The reason it would take 2 weeks, first you would have to tie numbers to passengers, then find the handful that were still on. That is some serious needle in the haystack data mining. Then you would wait a bit to keep your name out of it.

They'll probably use the same technology that they did to find Air France Flight 447. Hopefully it came to rest above a depth of 20,000 feet otherwise it's beyond that sonar's range.

But they didn't find that box from the pinging. They found the wreckage through other means.

The Flight Data Recorder (black box) usually has the underwater beacon on it and those batteries can last up to 90 days. These bad boys are usually located in the tail of an aircraft so find the tail and hopefully they find the recorder.

I think it might have just taken a while to go through the satellites data and the new information is the same as the old information with the difference being its been properly analyzed. I had thought that if a satellite was making movement adjustments according to a planes position there should have been better location information that that massive semi circle we have been seeing for a few weeks.

Beg to differ. They've been pretty much always bringing all of their coverage around to that angle.

Let's see, most of the information pointed towards terrorism or as a minimum a lone wolf action. The communications and ACARS being shut down and the radical change in direction? And why wouldn't they mention the names of the pilots? Why wouldn't they lean towards the possibility of that?

It's not like Fox was bringing up the black hole theories. Your seething hatred of them shines yet again...

I think it might have just taken a while to go through the satellites data and the new information is the same as the old information with the difference being its been properly analyzed.

The "pings" must transmit a lot more data than media reports lead me to believe. Which is possible, given the news reporting. It's just a little surprising that they can go back and figure this out.

Let's see, most of the information pointed towards terrorism or as a minimum a lone wolf action. The communications and ACARS being shut down and the radical change in direction? And why wouldn't they mention the names of the pilots? Why wouldn't they lean towards the possibility of that?

It's not like Fox was bringing up the black hole theories. Your seething hatred of them shines yet again...

I see what you did there.

VN Store

Back