MMA Thread

They've been advertising a boxing/MMA mixed card PPV on some commercials lately. Shamrock was supposed to fight former WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley.

I like MMA but this is funny.........WWE 1, MMA 0

March 17, 2009
DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs (pictured above).

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.

Sylvia gets no respect. Matt Hughes wouldn't associate with the guy and they trained in the same camp.

I like MMA but this is funny.........WWE 1, MMA 0

March 17, 2009
DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs (pictured above).

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.

Where did you find this? That's hilarious.

unfortunately.

WEC is focused on 155, 145, and 135 classes now, and all the bigger guys have been called up to the UFC.

either someone is gonna have to come through with the cash and a solid business plan (Cuban, Trump, talking to you) or there will have to be some sort of fighter's revolt and a Union in order to get Dana and Zuffa to pay fighters the way that those at the Major League level should be paid.

Yeah I don't think the UFC pays their fighers well. In PPV it brings in as much or more then championship prize fighting does. But nowhere near the same purse for the fighters.

Last edited:
Seemed like an immature rant from someone who is the President of an organization as big as UFC. How many people would want someone cursing like that representing their organization.

Liddell looked good up until 30 seconds in the first round, when he got caught with a left hook, and the fight was over. That was probably his last shot at a decent fight..

The Silva fight was a joke:

No one did anyjthing for teh first 2.5 minutes of the first round.
Then Silva threw a few punches and leg kicks for the reat of the fight. All Leites did was try to go to guard and get Silva to come to the ground.. Very disappointing fight

Joe Rogan can spout all he friggin wants about the fans and them not understanding technical fighting. He was going on and on and on about it. Saying that fans just want the quick K0's and fast food MMA.

I would have joined the fans in that BS chant because that was the single most disappointing Main Event I've saw since I started following the UFC regularly again about 3 years ago. Sure, sometimes there's the quick KO's and I understand that. But this fight was just God awful. Leites, after the first round IMO just gave up and decided to try and not get knocked out.

I guess it can be argued that Silva done what he should have and fought smart. Good for him - lets see how many PPV buys he gets for his next Main Event. I'm sure Dana and the UFC won't be happy with this at all.

Liddell needs to quit now before he gets KO'd again and the lights just don't come back on. He was great we all know that. Now he just needs to ride off into the sunset before he gets carried out on a stretcher.

Dana White said that was the first time he was ever embaressed by an event.

Last edited:
If Dana was smart, he'd stop putting Silva's fights on PPV, they arent worth it.

That's absurd.

The only problem with that main event was that Leites was even in it. The guy's not a main-event fighter...never has been, never will be.

That's absurd.

The only problem with that main event was that Leites was even in it. The guy's not a main-event fighter...never has been, never will be.

That fight was not worth the ppv IMO, or was Silva's last one. The entire arena were booing most of the fight. Even Dana White said it was embaressing and was yelling at Silva's trainer.

Even if his next fight is PPV, IMO not many fans who saw his last one, will be interested.

Last edited:
If you thought Dana White was livid after Anderson Silva's fight at UFC 90, wait until you hear what he said after Silva's lackluster win over Thales Leites last night in Montreal. Silva shuffled, gestured and danced his way to an easy win but by the middle of the fight the boos rained down from the crowd of 21,000-plus along with several profane chants. White has always been quick to speak his mind, good or bad, and Cage Writer got him when he blood was still boiling:

"Anderson Silva is the most talented fighter in the world when he lets his hands and feet and knees and elbows go and he didn't none of it tonight," said White during the ESPNRadio1100 postfight show. "After being in this business for almost 10 years now, I've never been embarrassed of a UFC fight like I was in the main event tonight."
White was clueless in trying to explain what is going through Silva's mind:
"I'm trying to wrap brain around this thing and figure this out, I just cannot."
White said it got so bad in the middle of the fight he wanted to be anywhere but cageside in the midst of 21,000 angry fans"
"I was seriously sitting in my seat going, 'No, no this is not happening again.' I swear to god I wanted to leave tonight."
Dana White: Silva embarrassed me, I wanted to leave - Cagewriter - Mixed Martial Arts - Yahoo! Sports

Dana White said that was the first time he was ever embaressed by an event.

Dana White has an MBA in the major of Douchebaggery. Seriously, it's not WWE. You're not going to get the result you want every time. Silva fought the fight he needed to, and came out with a W. I think that Dana needs to stop whining like a 12 year old girl and figure out where the future of MMA lies.

Why do I say this? The recession that's currently ongoing could send the PPV buyrates a fallin', and a fallin' quick at that. The Ultimate Fighter is starting to loose a lot of it's luster over the last 2 seasons. It's going to be tough for a lot of the smaller promotions to keep themselves up financially
I applaud Anderson Silva for not rushing in like a dumbass. If you wanna pin the bad fight on someone, pin it on Leites for flopping like a true b****. Something's got to be done so this doesn't happen in future UFC's.

If Dana was smart, he'd stop putting Silva's fights on PPV, they arent worth it.

Let's review his last 2 fights..............

UFC 90 - Cote blew out his knee. Not Silva's fault, although his performance hadn't been to his standards.

UFC 98 - Leities kept flopping. Again, not Silva's fault.

I don't get why some say that Silva is loosing fans because of this. I became a fan of Anderson Silva's for being cerebral about it, and not trying to rush the fight.

That fight was not worth the ppv IMO, or was Silva's last one. The entire arena were booing most of the fight. Even Dana White said it was embaressing and was yelling at Silva's trainer.

Even if his next fight is PPV, IMO not many fans who saw his last one, will be interested.

You bought it. There's no refunds from the PPV provider or UFC. They don't care if it "wasn't worth the money". They only care about the PPV buyrate.

Again, the Dana White thing goes back to him being a massive douchebag.

Joe Rogan can spout all he friggin wants about the fans and them not understanding technical fighting. He was going on and on and on about it. Saying that fans just want the quick K0's and fast food MMA.

All you have to do to convince Joe Rogan that you're a good fighter is to use rubber guard in an effective manner.

Him and Dana White are the 2 biggest douches in MMA.

VN Store

Back