MMA Thread

You bought it. There's no refunds from the PPV provider or UFC. They don't care if it "wasn't worth the money". They only care about the PPV buyrate.

Again, the Dana White thing goes back to him being a massive douchebag.

A lot of fans want to see fighters given financial penalties for not fighting, like they did in pride.

I still think Silva's next ppv is not going to net a lot of money for the UFC. Not just because of the recession.

All you have to do to convince Joe Rogan that you're a good fighter is to use rubber guard in an effective manner.

Him and Dana White are the 2 biggest douches in MMA.

I don't like Rogan as a color commentator. I prefer captain america.

Actually I think Wandy Silva wants a piece of the Spider if he can get through Rich Franklin. Which, I'm not so sure he can so it may be a moot point.

. Silva fought the fight he needed to, and came out with a W..

exactly. the UFC has to choose between sport and entertainment, or drop the ridiculous PPV prices. in regards to some other posts, Dana White is a prick, but i really like Rogan's commentary. it is at least as good as Don Wilson's.

Randy Couture is an awesome commentator. He correctly predicted the winner of every event I've watched where he was the commentator. No surprise he's so smart in the ring.

Randy Couture is an awesome commentator. He correctly predicted the winner of every event I've watched where he was the commentator. No surprise he's so smart in the ring.

I've only ever heard him a time or two.

I didn't get to watch the Arvloski-Fedor fight, but I heard him on the first Affliction card I think. He was pretty good.

I'm now very excited for UFC 101.....

They just signed Anderson Silva to fight Forrest Griffin. One way or another I'm sure it will be an exciting matchup. Silva won't get bored with Forrest that's for sure.

UFC 98 Predictions: (Main Card Only)

Sean Sherk vs. Frank Edgar
---Sherk wins by TKO (Round 2)

Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen
---Sonnen wins by Unanimous Decision

Drew McFedries vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam
---Foupa-Pokam wins by Split Decision

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
---Hughes wins by TKO (Round 1)

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida
---Evans wins by KO (Round 3)

Hughes beat Serra by decision 29-28. Not a bad fight. Not what you'd call "great", but pretty good.

Damn, what a KO by Machida. That Rampage-Machida fight is going to be something special right there.

I wanna see Dana pony up 100 million to have a Machida /Silva throw down, Now that would be a superfight. That's what his manager said it would take to see those two friends fight

Damn, what a KO by Machida. That Rampage-Machida fight is going to be something special right there.

That was awesome - those that said Machida was boring and couldn't "throw punches" just ate their words after that KO.

Overall I thought the PPV was rather weak and I was looking forward to it. The Sherk fight wasn't nearly as good as I thought it would be and while Hughes/Serra was a decent fight I expected quite a bit more from those two as well. But, alas, the Machida KO ending would have me leaning towards a thumbs slightly up for the card. Nothing terribly great but it was better than the last PPV for sure.

evans_682x400_810573a.jpg

That was awesome - those that said Machida was boring and couldn't "throw punches" just ate their words after that KO.

To be honest, I've not a fan of Machida's style, it did seem boring at first. Neither Evans or Machida threw much for most of round 1, both of them wanting to counter punch. He's good at avoiding getting hit, but that doesn't make the most interesting fight to watch. Pac vs Hatton, was a much better fight IMO.

I'm hoping Rampage wins, since he won't have a reach advantage. Evans could benefit going down a weight class, he's giving up a good reach advantage at the weight he's at now. I think he's 5'11.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back