MMA Thread

As much as I like Tito his best days are behind him ''Mark Coleman?"what's this gonna be a warm up match before the real fights?Tito would be well served to find him a Bobby Lashley and teach him his game he'd be alot better coach now he's worn out.

He went toe to toe with the current 205 champ just last year...

Then why is he set to fight Coleman?He does have a tendency to put legends to rest :eek:lol:

I like Tito but I just think his better days are behind him

I'm in agreement with Kevin Lole if Fedor was and thinks he's the best in the world he would have got this done

Now I can guarantee you he will fall in the rankings,he's just what I thought he was...... overrated, he's been offered more money than he's ever made,would have been allowed to fight in sambo,but his manager wants half ownership in a UFC promotion.....pleeez

And before anyone sez well he beat Arlovski,Nog,Sylvia,Hunt,Coleman guess what not a damn one of them want anything to do with that corn fed beast from Minnesota

I dont understand it either. First the roadblock was not allowing him to fight in Sambo, now he wants coownership of the promotion??? Or basicly half the revenue or a big chunk of the entire promotion? Thats a can of worms UFC doesnt want to open.

Then why is he set to fight Coleman?He does have a tendency to put legends to rest :eek:lol:

I like Tito but I just think his better days are behind him

I agree.

I thought he looked pretty bad against Liddell, and Liddell lost several times after fighting Tito.

I really wanna see Fedor against Rogers I know as far as the arts Fedor gets the nod but Brett can bang with any heavyweight in MMA Fedor included.I just see this matchup very interesting.

any predictions on UFC 101 sat?? i'm taking kenflo and the spider...
Not bad picks IMO if Forrest take Anderson the distance and loses it's a win for him (But I just have doubts that he can)he will cement his legacy as a fighter that has went the distance with some of the best in the world ,he has to get Silva to the ground and take a chance he can't trade shots with him the Spider has awesome leg kicks and knee strikes IMO he'll end up just like Rich Franklin if he decides to stand and trade.

As far as Florian it's hard not to pick him because you can never tell what BJ is gonna show up (the hungry one or the one that just shows up) And I believe if Ken pushes the pace with BJ like he did in the Guida fight(although Clay had a lot to do with that too) I believe he can be wearing the belt when the night ends

B.J Penn vs. Kenny Florian - Lighweight Championship
The main event of the night between "The Prodigy" and "KenFlo" gives us the top 2 fighters in the 155 lb weight class. Florian is very deserving of a title shot, and Penn is eager to get back in the Octagon after a disappointing showing against Georges St. Pierre. Florian hasn't lost a fight in almost 3 years, at the hands of Sean Sherk, and Penn has never lost at 155.

Trivia: To help prepare for this fight, Penn has been training with a sports researcher from Sports Lab named Marv Marinovich...the father of Todd Marinovich.

Penn by Rear Naked Choke (Round 3)

Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin - Light Heavyweight Bout
Anderson Silva is declared by many to be one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, and is on a 9 fight winning streak in the UFC. Griffin is the former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion having defeated Quinton Jackson for the strap. He also holds an impressive victory over former PRIDE Grand Prix Champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, whom he defeated by rear naked choke. Silva will be tested in this bout against Griffin, who is a true Light Heavyweight in regards to his size. I expect Griffin to push the pace and try to wear down Silva with his size. Silva has been reported as talking about his future in boxing and the end of his MMA career. He doesn't want to lose focus on the task at hand with Griffin, who will be 100% focused on knocking off another top fighter.

Griffin by Split Decision

Amir Sadollah vs. Johnny Hendricks
Amir Sadollah finally gets to start his post-Ultimate Fighter career after several injuries have postponed his fights. This will be his first fight since June 21, 2008. Hendricks makes his UFC debut after a short stint in WEC. Hendricks brings with him a 5-0 record, 3 of which have come by TKO. Something tells me this would be fight of the night if it were on any other card.

Sadollah by Submission (Armbar) - Round 3

Kendall Grove vs. Ricardo Almeida
Another Ultimate Fighter alum Grove returns to the Octagon to face Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practicioner Ricardo Almeida. Grove is coming off an impressive 1st round victory over Jason Day, and as usual, will have an impressive reach advantage over his opponent. Almeida should look to neutralize the reach advantange by doing what's natural and taking the fight to the mat. Almeida has a history of going the distance, but Grove should end this fight before the final bell and give us "The Dagger Dance."

Trivia: Grove's current training partners are B.J. Penn and Nuufolau Joel Seanoa, also known as Samoa Joe.

Grove via TKO (Round 2)

Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pelligrino
All I can say about this fight is that if Neer can elude a submission from Pelligrino the way he eluded police on New Year's Eve, this fight may go the distance. But eventually, he got caught by the police, and will get caught here.

Pelligrino by Submission (Armbar) - Round 2

Undercard Fights

Shane Nelson vs. Aaron Riley
Nelson by Unanimous Decision

Tamdan McCrory vs. John Howard
McCrory by KO (Round 1)

Thales Leites vs. Alession Sakara
Leites by Submission (Kimura) - Round 2

Matt Riddle vs. Dan Cramer
Cramer by TKO (Round 1)

George Sotiropoulos vs. George Roop
Sotiropoulos by Unanimous Decision

Jessie Lennox vs. Danillo Villefort
Villefort by Split Decision

Not bad picks IMO if Forrest take Anderson the distance and loses it's a win for him (But I just have doubts that he can)he will cement his legacy as a fighter that has went the distance with some of the best in the world ,he has to get Silva to the ground and take a chance he can't trade shots with him the Spider has awesome leg kicks and knee strikes IMO he'll end up just like Rich Franklin if he decides to stand and trade.

As far as Florian it's hard not to pick him because you can never tell what BJ is gonna show up (the hungry one or the one that just shows up) And I believe if Ken pushes the pace with BJ like he did in the Guida fight(although Clay had a lot to do with that too) I believe he can be wearing the belt when the night ends

good call

Run Forrest Run!! OMG!!:whatever:
Is there anyone in or near his weight range besides Machida?that has a legitimate chance against him He has made alot of "good'' fighters look very, very bad....That is why I have to argue with Nick about him being numero uno,Fedor in his Pride days struggled against some of his competition (although you have to go back this far)but in the last year and half,two years No one has even been close to giving Andersen a fight especially at 175...This guy is good :good!:

WEC is on now on Versus. If you haven't seen Miguel Torres fight, you need to watch him.

Now there is talk of a Anderson Silva-Roy Jones Jr boxing match.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Now there is talk of a Anderson Silva-Roy Jones Jr boxing match.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Maybe so but Hendo's next per every report I have seen.

Roy and his family shared a hobby that I did semi-professionally for 20 years and he is a very nice person.(and I think alot of him) but if he is considering this it's for the adulation and the money nothing more. Roy's best boxing days are long gone.

Maybe so but Hendo's next per every report I have seen.

Roy and his family shared a hobby that I did semi-professionally for 20 years and he is a very nice person.(and I think alot of him) but if he is considering this it's for the adulation and the money nothing moe. Roy's best boxing days are long gone.

In a fight, Silva smashes Jones.

But, in a boxing match, I take Jones over Silva with little to no hesitation.

Well guess the Women MMA's fight queen goes down What was funny is all of the comments underneath the article " Cyborg "does kinda look like a dude :whistling:

VN Store

Back