MMA Thread

Just saw that Lesnar will fight Shane Carwin at UFC 106 in November. Now IMO Carwin is someone who can test Brock at least. That is also the card where Tito is supposed to return to face Mark Coleman.

Just saw that Lesnar will fight Shane Carwin at UFC 106 in November. Now IMO Carwin is someone who can test Brock at least. That is also the card where Tito is supposed to return to face Mark Coleman.
Shane's gonna find out the difference between D-1 and D-2 real quick.All I've been hearing is how Brock has a glass jaw and Shane's a Iron jaw and this beast,(from people who watch very little MMA but pretend to be experts when they report it. lol what a joke)ask Frank Mir if having a Iron Jaw has anything to do with it (when your heads swollen like a pumpkin) Brock's been slinging people like him around (and bigger)for a living for a long time .Lesnar in Two

The father of ground and pound(Coleman) against the protege(Tito),very interesting fight I hate to pick either as both are fav's of mine.(if this had happened 5 years ago I would say Tito easily but now:unsure:)After watching the UFC 100 fight,Mark is hungry and I wonder how much Jenna's drained Tito :eek:hmy:(she can drain me anytime) I'd say it goes to the judges although it's gonna be close and it could go either way Coleman in a upset.

What was funny about the Brock vs Shane fight when it was introduced was Dana made the comment "Carwin hates Lesnar"and Shane came back with "now, now, hate is strong words":eek:lol:I'll say one thing for Shane he isn't stupid; callin out Lesnar isn't good for your overall health, remember what happened to the last person who did that.

Article I read today. Basically, after the workouts or practice or whatever, several wwe guys kept dogging Lesnar and Kurt angle to see who was the best wrestler. Angle weighed 240 at the time and Lesnar over 300. Story goes is that Angle pinned Lesnar several times real quick.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Article I read today. Basically, after the workouts or practice or whatever, several wwe guys kept dogging Lesnar and Kurt angle to see who was the best wrestler. Angle weighed 240 at the time and Lesnar over 300. Story goes is that Angle pinned Lesnar several times real quick.

story I heard the day it happened was that it was an 9-1 major decision. still an ass beating, though.

they also both wrestled the Big Show, and neither could pin him, so they both won by Tech Fall (15 pt lead, basically the Mercy Rule of wrestling)

Mark Coleman has about as much of a chance against Tito Ortiz as Forrest Griffin did against Anderson Silva. Very little.

Fedor Emelianenko will make his Strikeforce debut in a showdown with undefeated heavyweight Brett Rogers, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker announced on Wednesday during the Russian superstar's public workout at the Fighthouse Gym in New York City. No date or venue was announced.

Source

That should be an entertaining fight.

Angle's easily a better wrestler than Lesnar....or anyone else in MMA history for that matter.

Mark Coleman has about as much of a chance against Tito Ortiz as Forrest Griffin did against Anderson Silva. Very little.
I bet every booker in the UFC thought the same thing when they matched Mark with Stephan Bonnar(who by the way is very proficient in BJJ and is a decent striker) on the undercard of UFC100 and Coleman owned him.If Mark trains for this fight,like he did for that one I'll stand by my prediction...

Angle's easily a better wrestler than Lesnar....or anyone else in MMA history for that matter.
I know you're talking about MMA but if given the correct time frame.You take Angle and I'll take Lou Thesz That old man made fools out of alot of very good technical wrestlers in his day(and was great way before I was born).The best I ever saw :yes: hands down,and I've saw a few since I've been around the wrestling game since the 60's and have seen every UFC that has ever been broadcast in some form or fashion.I know that could never be proven, kinda like ALI vs.Tyson but it would have been a helluva match. Just sayin ............

And although due to his health and The USA's decision to boycott the 80' games he never got to compete like he could have and even after contacting Hodgkins he still won gold in 84. I'd have to say That Jeff Blatnick would have given Angle all he wanted. Just sayin.......

I wouldnt say easily better but DEFINATELY better. 60 lbs is a huge difference to overcome and especially against a NCAA champion. Angle is a stud. I will see if I can find the article online and post a link.

rlntlss said:
I know you're talking about MMA but if given the correct time frame.You take Angle and I'll take Lou Thesz That old man made fools out of alot of very good technical wrestlers in his day(and was great way before I was born).The best I ever saw :yes: hands down,and I've saw a few since I've been around the wrestling game since the 60's and have seen every UFC that has ever been broadcast in some form or fashion.I know that could never be proven, kinda like ALI vs.Tyson but it would have been a helluva match. Just sayin ............

And although due to his health and The USA's decision to boycott the 80' games he never got to compete like he could have and even after contacting Hodgkins he still won gold in 84. I'd have to say That Jeff Blatnick would have given Angle all he wanted. Just sayin.......

For starters, Blatnick was a greco guy, Angle Freestyle. make it a folkstyle match and call it even---and watch Angle OWN Fatnick.

Sorry, I've never had good experiences the times that I've been around Blatnick. and, he sucks hard as a commentator.

Angle is the lightest NCAA HWT champ ever--and he did it Twice. Angle was SO much faster than everyone he wrestled, even at the top levels. his conditioning and overall power (strength/speed) would absolutely torture the massive fatboys that usually dominate 285.

You want the guy that REALLY missed out on MMA? Dan Hodge. NCAA champ wrestling, Golden Gloves champ boxing. can still --to this day, at 80 plus years old--take an apple in ONE HAND and crush it into applesauce.

Last edited:
I don't think he should hang it up but he's never going to be a serious contender again IMO. But he has a few good "dream fights" left in him that can headline PPV's for the next two years. For him not to tap out twice and be knocked out that one time was really impressive. If you can have your butt kicked and it look impressive Couture sure did Saturday night. Nog looked hungry - watch out for him. I don't think we've saw the last of him at the top of the UFC. Now that he's healthy he's going to be pretty dangerous again. Nothing like he used to be now that he's half blind and lost probably about 3 steps from what he used to have but still very dangerous. He's one of these guys that's just so flat good he can overcome alot of his other problems now.

I think it's pretty sad, that UFC feels the need for a PPV event without a title fight. Just about everyone on that fight card, has lost recently.

Franklin lost to Henderson and Silva,
Crocop lost 2 of his last 3,
Belfort lost his last 2 to Couture and Ortiz,
Santos is in his 3rd UFC fight,
Kampman lost to Nate Marquart a couple of fights ago,
and Paul Daley hasn't had a UFC fight yet.

Last edited:
Weak card. I wasnt going to buy it because of great football games on but even if this was the middle of the summer, I would just wait for the results rather than purchase this ticket.

Fedor is scheduled to fight Brett Rogers on November 7 what's everyones thought about this matchup?I really believe win or lose it's gonna expose what kind of game Fedor actually has.I'm kinda on the fence myself for this one Brett can bang guys :yes:

Fedor is scheduled to fight Brett Rogers on November 7 what's everyones thought about this matchup?I really believe win or lose it's gonna expose what kind of game Fedor actually has.I'm kinda on the fence myself for this one Brett can bang guys :yes:

Fedor is Fedor. If he lost, I'd be absolutely shocked.

You want the guy that REALLY missed out on MMA? Dan Hodge. NCAA champ wrestling, Golden Gloves champ boxing. can still --to this day, at 80 plus years old--take an apple in ONE HAND and crush it into applesauce.

HaHa, IIRC his strength is due to an abnormality of his tendons. I remember reading about something like that. I remember the guy from his pliers breaking ability.

VN Store

Back