MMA Thread

What's everyones prediction?I'm taking the underdog by stoppage I just think Brett's a little better than people think.He has nothing to lose if he gets stopped well people will say he was suppose to lose,All the heat is on Fedor and he's picked a real dangerous opponent for his first US network appearance.

Brett Rogers isn't Kimbo folks this guy can bang :yes:

"IF'' Fedor dessimates Brett I'll get on that bandwagon but proof is in the pudding and if he does I'll be the first to say I was wrong.But I think there's to much rust he's not fought much at all in the last three years.To be taking on this type of opponent this early.

Kimbo's weakness is that the only thing he can do is bang.
If Brett had been afforded the same push as Kimbo, Elite may have still been in business.Don't get me started on that Tomato Can,Kimbo is nothing but a hype machine that has never proven he could do anything but bust giant pimples on washed up fighters ears..........

My point is there is a big difference between Mr.Ferguson and Rogers.

What's your prediction ?

If Brett had been afforded the same push as Kimbo, Elite may have still been in business.Don't get me started on that Tomato Can,Kimbo is nothing but a hype machine that has never proven he could do anything but bust giant pimples on washed up fighters ears..........

My point is there is a big difference between Mr.Ferguson and Rogers.

What's your prediction ?

I agree Kimbo is mostly hype. However, the dude can stand up and bang. I don't think he's going to ever be considered an elite fighter in the UFC, but he's steadily improving. He's a good guy, and I hope he can get a few wins inside the octagon.

I honestly don't know much about Rogers, but I'd like to see him take out Fedor.

I agree Kimbo is mostly hype. However, the dude can stand up and bang. I don't think he's going to ever be considered an elite fighter in the UFC, but he's steadily improving. He's a good guy, and I hope he can get a few wins inside the octagon.

I honestly don't know much about Rogers, but I'd like to see him take out Fedor.
I agree that Kimbo does appear to be a very likeable person.But I wonder how serious he really is to MMA.After he left Elite I heard on more than one occasion that he was training with oh so and so and learning the craft,Well it sure didn't show up when he fought Roy Nelson (who IMO is the worst of the winners)I've seen "Turtles" put up a better fight tryin to get off thier back.So I'm wondering if what you see on the show is just show.I know one thing he would have been alot better off with Rashad's trainers than what he has, he needs to be brought down to earth and built back up and he would be alot better fighter for it.

I'm hoping Rogers, wins...

Fedor, should have signed with UFC, so now I'd like to see him taken down

Congrats to Fedor for the win,What he's selling though I'm just not buying.Alot of folks are commenting that Danna missed the boat with him.I'm not so sure it wasn't him,(when it'd all be said and done he'd be lucky if he was the third best heavweight in the UFC)Anyone who watched that fight has to agree that his cardio was not very good(if Rogers had any at all he would have never got caught)I know y'all wanna see Fedor vs Brock but Fedor's not ready for him.I really think a person like Mir can give him all he wants.Randy Couture would be a good fight.These are individuals that would be competitive fights.Brock Lesnar would have ate him last nite.He's too big, too fast and last nite Fedor would have been taken to school on the ground.(Rogers was shaking him off and that's the worst part of his game)I'd like to see Lashley(free agent) vs Rogers and the winner get a shot at that big Russian.

Word for Brett, if your gonna fight the big fight,As hard as it is you better get the road work in or you're gonna go the way of Tim Sylvia ...............Oblivion

I turned to the CBS fights after the game,And tell me I'm wrong that fight before the main event when it went to the score cards.OMFG was they both not horrible?

IMO they both deserved to lose... and that was for a belt?

It was annoying to hear the CBS announcers keep referring to Fedor as "the greatest fighter in the world" and "the greatest fighter in MMA history!" They obviously don't pay much attention to MMA.

It was annoying to hear the CBS announcers keep referring to Fedor as "the greatest fighter in the world" and "the greatest fighter in MMA history!" They obviously don't pay much attention to MMA.

You are obviously relatively new to mma. Fedor isn't just considered the very best by the announcers, but fighters everywhere say he is the best. His only loss was a dq due to a cut. (A cut from an illegal elbow and the doctor wouldn't let him continue) Long time fans of the MMA know that at Pride's peak, it would easily compete with the current UFC for caliber of fighters. And if you don't believe me about fedor:

"Fedor is the best pfp fighter in the world." - Randy Couture,
"Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from bj Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world." Quinton Jackson
"Fedor is my favorite" - BJ Penn
"He is the BEST." - Mark Coleman
"The best in the world, no doubt." - Phil Baroni
"Look, I've fought many people from around the world, so I've seen many strong fighters. But like him, never." - Renato Sobral
"NOBODY wants to fight Fedor." - Wanderlei Silva
"Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world." - Josh Barnett
"Fedor has no equals in Sambo or MMA." - Aleksander Mikhailin
"Fedor would be absolutely great in K-1." - Ernesto Hoost
"Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko." - Bas Rutten
"Probably the best ever lived....he's a living legend right now and I don't think there's a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world." - Diego Sanchez
"Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see." - Frank Trigg
"Fedor is a machine." - Don Frye
"The best fighter to climb into ANY arena is Emelianenko fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody." - Kevin Randleman
"Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself." - Brandon Vera
"He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the sh*t " - Mark Hunt

and now we can add:
"I was amazed at how good fedor is... I don't even think he's human", "i've never been hit that hard before" and "this guy is unreal, i don't think anyone's gonna beat him for a while" all by Tim Sylvia

Besides, his hole mindset is crazy. He said this about fighting "Years ago we hardly had anything to eat. Now I earn more money and I see every opponent as a man that tries to put me back to that poorer period. That man has to be eliminated." -Fedor Emelianenko

VN Store

Back