MMA Thread

The next 2 UFC's look to be as garbage as 108. We'll see.

UFC 111 will be nasty. Mir/Carwin and GSP/Hardy should be good...

That was my opinion when I saw them. The UFC has been having a lot of disappointing ppv events. There are maybe 6 a year that deserve a ppv.

They seem to be cheap and sometimes difficult to fighters (didn't sign the russian, Dan Henderson leaving, etc). When one of your fighters thinks its a better deal to go make a movie for money then be the draw in your ppv event when your making money hand over fists in a dozen ppv events a year. I start wondering about how your treat your fighters.

Last edited:
Decent card on Spike last night. Amir looked very good against Blackburn. Interesting to see who he takes on next.

Tom Lawler was robbed.

Diaz - Maynard was a decent fight but I was hoping Nate would win.

Next 2 pay per views are garbage.

Pissed that the next UFC Fight Night is on VS. considering I have Directv with no VS. Jones vs. Vera should be good. I was very impressed with Bones his last time out against Hamill. Vera is another step up for him.

I agree that most ppv are not worth ordering, i have said for along time if they would charge like $20/25 instead of $45/50 they might get more viewers on a steady basis, i for one may order 3/4 a year. I currently don't order any

I still can't believe how ripped up Herschel is at 47. He is one of the few absolute freaks of nature. He put on a pretty impressive display too, considering the situation.

I agree that most ppv are not worth ordering, i have said for along time if they would charge like $20/25 instead of $45/50 they might get more viewers on a steady basis, i for one may order 3/4 a year. I currently don't order any

They should have no more than 6 PPV fights a year.

Actually excited for the fights on Saturday night. Card is better than I thought.

Same here but I'm going to a local MMA event here that's going on around the same time(My coaches want me to get used to the enviroment). Probably will buy it on DVD when it comes out though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Overall good card Saturday night with some good fight.

Perosh is a gamer. He never had a chance in that fight and was getting beat up the entire time and still came at Mirko the whole time. Nasty cut though to end it...

Bader continues to impress. I actually though he was all hype and The Dean of Mean would give him a butt whoopin. Wow, I was wrong. He's got good power in his hands. I will be interested in who he fights next.

The Aussie dominated Joe Daddy. Not even close from the beginning. His ground game is fantastic. Would like to see him fight the Gomi-Florian winner.

Silva looked like a completely different person. It was crazy. He bullied The Count most of the fight and very well would have been finished in round 2 and 3 if he does not get saved by the bell.

Cain - WOW. That's all that needs to be said.

Yeah. Concentrating on striking more right now. My wrestling is pretty good and my boxing is raw but good. So I'm really going to concentrate on my technique right now until I start to compete later this year.

LD you should check out a book called Blood in the Cage, about Pat Militech. its short and mostly just a factual recountance, but it will probably give you a tidbit of insight into the mental aspects of MMA and the absolute necessity of perseverance(sp). plus, you will love it just because you are into MMA. one quote from it-"blood is only red sweat." haha thought that one was pretty funny. good luck man.

LD you should check out a book called Blood in the Cage, about Pat Militech. its short and mostly just a factual recountance, but it will probably give you a tidbit of insight into the mental aspects of MMA and the absolute necessity of perseverance(sp). plus, you will love it just because you are into MMA. one quote from it-"blood is only red sweat." haha thought that one was pretty funny. good luck man.

I'll check it out when I get some time. Appreciate it.

Thanks man. Seems like most of my drive from football has went to MMA. It's fun I'll post video of my fights when I start competing later this year.

Does your gym ever fight in the memphis/ north ms area?
I go to a few mma events around here and a few fighters fight out of Alabama.

Does your gym ever fight in the memphis/ north ms area?
I go to a few mma events around here and a few fighters fight out of Alabama.

I don't practice at one gym. I do two types karate for most of my strikes. But I do box here and there. I've got another coach for my wrestling and ground work. I don't like any of the BJJ guys around here. But I'm going to be doing my amatuer bouts later this year. The way training is going they are really wanting me to do probably two maybe three then go pro. I'll PM you if I'm going to fight in your area.

Fantastic card coming up Saturday night. Can't wait to watch it.

GSP vs. Hardy
Mir vs. Carwin
Ellenberger vs. Saunders
Fitch vs. Alves

All great fights.

Who you got?

Me:
GSP
Mir
Saunders
Alves

I don't practice at one gym. I do two types karate for most of my strikes. But I do box here and there. I've got another coach for my wrestling and ground work. I don't like any of the BJJ guys around here. But I'm going to be doing my amatuer bouts later this year. The way training is going they are really wanting me to do probably two maybe three then go pro. I'll PM you if I'm going to fight in your area.

Yea definately let me know. And keep up the tough training. Its always worth the long practices come fight night. (I boxed for about 2 years and i know)

Thiago Alves out of UFC 111 vs. Jon Fitch with brain abnormality. Awful news. I was looking forward to this fight. Hope The Pitbull is ok.

VN Store

Back