MMA Thread

Silva might be the best fighter on the planet, but he is a jack@$$. Also, I am of the opinion that he refuses to finish fighters from Brazil. Recently, he has not even tried to finish Leites and now Maia.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Silva might be the best fighter on the planet, but he is a jack@$$. Also, I am of the opinion that he refuses to finish fighters from Brazil. Recently, he has not even tried to finish Leites and now Maia.

Leites laid on his back so that he wouldn't be finished. I haven't seen this fight. But from what I'm hearing it seems like everyone is getting pissed over something that Maia should have put a stop to. Oh well things happen.

Leites laid on his back so that he wouldn't be finished. I haven't seen this fight. But from what I'm hearing it seems like everyone is getting pissed over something that Maia should have put a stop to. Oh well things happen.

That Maia should have put a stop to? Watch the fight and get back to me.

That Maia should have put a stop to? Watch the fight and get back to me.

From what I've read they are saying Silva smashed him for three rounds then stopped fighting completely. Maia needs to improve his stand-up if he allowed that to happen.

From what I've read they are saying Silva smashed him for three rounds then stopped fighting completely. Maia needs to improve his stand-up if he allowed that to happen.

Give me a break. Maia was attacking and coming forward the last 2 rounds. Silva easily could have ended it, but instead, he chose to run around the cage making a mockery of himself and the sport. This is the 3rd time Silva has done this.

Also...

1. If you are that talented, maybe the best in the world, then get in there and finish or at least attempt to finish.

2. I would like to see Silva fined for last night's fiasco.

3. If you can't fine him, then don't let him headline again. Unless it's against GSP or Machida.

4. Machida should be the only Brazilian he fights ever again.

Also...

1. If you are that talented, maybe the best in the world, then get in there and finish or at least attempt to finish.

2. I would like to see Silva fined for last night's fiasco.

3. If you can't fine him, then don't let him headline again. Unless it's against GSP or Machida.

4. Machida should be the only Brazilian he fights ever again.

He would probably beat Machida. If you want to see him punished make him fight the real LHW champion Shogun Rua. He won't dance around in that fight I promise.

He would probably beat Machida. If you want to see him punished make him fight the real LHW champion Shogun Rua. He won't dance around in that fight I promise.

Not dance around, but i think he would beat him too.

I would like to see Rua fight Machida.
Machida focuses on not getting hit, good for his face but doesn't make an entertaining fight a lot of times.

Edgar moved around the while time. Landed shots when he could and took him down 1 and half times. I actually thought to be declared champion you need to beat the champion and I don't think it was that clear that Edgar won. One judge even had it 50-45 Edgar which I think is garbage. Oh well. He did what he needed to do I guess. BJ was so tired the 4th and 5th to really doing anything offensively.

Silva is a clown. He ran from Maia the end of the 3rd and the whole 4th and 5th. The warning from Big Dan should have come alot sooner. He could have knocked him out in the 1st or 2nd as he punched him in the face at will. Lame way to end a great card.

Penn is a head case...sometimes brilliant, sometimes lazy. But he didn't lose that fight.

Edgar won two rounds. Giving him that belt was a joke. Penn will smash him in the rematch.

Silva would have trouble with Rua combination of speed and raw power. Also Rua is a very accurate striker. And if he gets a hold of Silva a takes him down the fight will be over.

Silva is pretty good on the ground though but either way I think it would be good.

Rua has the best GnP is MMA. I'll be glad when he gets a chance to display it in the UFC.( Oh yeah I'm a Rua homer if you can't tell.)

The best ground and pound? Hardly. I would take plenty of other guys before him. Shoot even jon bones Jones has better ground and pound

The best ground and pound? Hardly. I would take plenty of other guys before him. Shoot even jon bones Jones has better ground and pound

Bones needs to start moving up the contender list.

Bones needs to start moving up the contender list.
Agreed. I want to see him fight a big name guy next time out. Not that Vera wasn't I just want to see an advancement on who he is fighting from the ufc. I would like to see him fight tiago Silva or Keith jardine or somebody like that next.

VN Store

Back