MMA Thread

I'm surprised the place didn't erupt in "boo's" when Rashad went for the takedown. All the crap Suga talked and he didn't land a meaningful punch. Just danced around and held Rampage on the fence.

I was pissed when Rampage didn't finish the fight in the third. Just like when Rashad fought Thiago Silva. Silva had a chance to finish but let Rashad recover and again Suga gets lucky and survives. Pretty lame all and all.

Mike Russow with the surprise knockout of Todd Duffee was awesome.

And Bisping is still a b**** and a half. Another decision win.

Funny thing about the Russow fight was that I thought he had a shot once Duffey couldn't put him down early. I was looking for him to luck his way into a takedown & sub him, but once Rogan started with his man-crush on the "new" athletic heavyweight fighter, I told my boys that he just jinxed him.

Yeah, everytime I see Bisping, I think of Hendo decapitating him. That's going to be my view of him until he really puts the boots to someone else.

Rashad made me flash back to his season of the Ultimate Fighter with that ridiculous constipation squat stance.

Evans won the fight. It was pretty lackluster, mainly Evans trying to outwrestle Jackson and take him down. Until the 3rd round, when Rampage rocked him. He should have really ended it there. Evans was very lucky.

I dont understand how some of the judges had Rashad winning the 3rd round. That punch Jackson threw that put Evans down was the best punch the whole fight. Jackson needs to change his camp. He wasn't ready for Evans wrestling, he seemed completely surprised and unprepared for that.

Last edited:
Evans won the fight. It was pretty lackluster, mainly Evans trying to outwrestle Jackson and take him down. Until the 3rd round, when Rampage rocked him. He should have really ended it there. Evans was very lucky.

I dont understand how some of the judges had Rashad winning the 3rd round. That punch Jackson threw that put Evans down was the best punch the whole fight. Jackson needs to change his camp. He wasn't ready for Evans wrestling, he seemed completely surprised and unprepared for that.

I agree Page needs to stop training at the Wolfslair. He's the only good fighter in camp and that's a problem. He needs to be somewhere like Frank Miletich's camp or America Top Team. Rashad is going to get smashed by Shogun. He's never had someone shin kick him like he'll be done in his next match.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Rampage should have finished Evans in the 3rd. As Denny Green would say, he let him off the hook.

Sugar was noticably quicker, but did nothing to impress me. Shogun will beat 'dat ass.

Did you actually watch the fight? That punch appeared to graze Evans more than anything. Evans actually landed a flush punch in the 1st round that put Rampage down.

Look, I wanted Rampage to win and thought Evans fought a very conservative boring fight but come on now...

I'm surprised the place didn't erupt in "boo's" when Rashad went for the takedown. All the crap Suga talked and he didn't land a meaningful punch. Just danced around and held Rampage on the fence.

I was pissed when Rampage didn't finish the fight in the third. Just like when Rashad fought Thiago Silva. Silva had a chance to finish but let Rashad recover and again Suga gets lucky and survives. Pretty lame all and all.

Mike Russow with the surprise knockout of Todd Duffee was awesome.

And Bisping is still a b**** and a half. Another decision win.

Did you watch either? Evans landed a flush punch in the 1st that knocked Rampage down...

Did you actually watch the fight? That punch appeared to graze Evans more than anything. Evans actually landed a flush punch in the 1st round that put Rampage down.

Look, I wanted Rampage to win and thought Evans fought a very conservative boring fight but come on now...

I really want to see what happens when Mr. Evans has a cracked rib his next match. I hope he trys to catch one of Shogun's kicks. It's going to be over with if he does. He still has a glass chin. And if he gets in trouble against Shogun it's over. The best GnP fighter period. The lights will be out if Shogun gets Evans on his back.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Did you watch either? Evans landed a flush punch in the 1st that knocked Rampage down...

Evans landed that one punch at the beginning when rampage was off balance and it didn't knock rampage down. He staggered to the fence where Evans leaned on him for about a minute, instead of backing up his talk and finishing rampage right there. A nice shot, but Evans did nothing in between the one punch at the beginning until the late flurry at the end.

All it took was a short uppercut from Rampage to put Rashad down and start scrambling. I'm still pissed the fight wasn't finished there.

Rashad wanted nothing to do with Rampage standing up, which is a shame after all the crap he talked. Even getting Rampage a pink snuggie and talking about his past losses, which is a big no no.

Shogun will make quick work of Suga.

I hear the fight wasn't that good (was at work didn't get to watch it), but I'll still take Suga over Rua when they fight.

All it took was a short uppercut from Rampage to put Rashad down and start scrambling. I'm still pissed the fight wasn't finished there.

Watch it again. Sure doesn't look like any punch landed, instead Rashad collided with Rampage's hip and that's what stunned him. Rampage tried to take advantage after that but never landed a single clean shot otherwise it could have been over. Instead Rashad recovers quickly, regains position and then proceeds to control the rest of the round.

In spite of the 'haters' out there I thought it was an entertaining fight with a little bit of everything. Anyone who thought Rashad was going to stand there and trade for three rounds doesn't have a clue what Mixed Martial Arts is about.

Neither Rampage nor Rashad backed up all the trashtalk of the past 6 months. Rashad was content to lean on Rampage. Rampage was content to just stand there and look dumb for the most part. Had a real chance to win in the 3rd but backed for some reason.

Neither Rampage nor Rashad backed up all the trashtalk of the past 6 months. Rashad was content to lean on Rampage. Rampage was content to just stand there and look dumb for the most part. Had a real chance to win in the 3rd but backed for some reason.

They were fighting for a shot at the title. Anyone who expected them to go in there and throw haymakers like crazy men doesn't have clue.

Rashad did exactly what he had to do. He was much quicker than Rampage and it showed the whole fight. His gameplan worked perfect.

I'm not saying Rashad fought a bad fight. He had a gameplan and stuck with it. That much was obvious. I just mean from the months of "I'm gonna knock you out b*tch; I'm gonna make you look like a punk; ect ect ect" it didn't live up to the trash talk. They both acted like they were going in to beat the h*ll out of each other.

Rashad did his thing. Rampage just looked bad. Maybe the movie cut back on his training time?

I'm not saying Rashad fought a bad fight. He had a gameplan and stuck with it. That much was obvious. I just mean from the months of "I'm gonna knock you out b*tch; I'm gonna make you look like a punk; ect ect ect" it didn't live up to the trash talk. They both acted like they were going in to beat the h*ll out of each other.

Rashad did his thing. Rampage just looked bad. Maybe the movie cut back on his training time?

No doubt about it. It was clear. He was hesitant and slow from the first minute.

Yes i watched the fight. That put Evans on his a## and stunned him! Evans never hurt Rampage in the first round, but Evans was in trouble in the 3rd and was very lucky he didn't get hit with a punch that would have ended it. :twocents:

Last edited:
UFC 115
Franklin over Liddell, Liddell has a weak chin now for some reason.

I think the undercard is interesting, Crocop vs Pat Berry.
I think Crocop has lost some quickness and Berry will win, but they both love to leg kick, should be interesting.

Watch it again. Sure doesn't look like any punch landed, instead Rashad collided with Rampage's hip and that's what stunned him. Rampage tried to take advantage after that but never landed a single clean shot otherwise it could have been over. Instead Rashad recovers quickly, regains position and then proceeds to control the rest of the round.

In spite of the 'haters' out there I thought it was an entertaining fight with a little bit of everything. Anyone who thought Rashad was going to stand there and trade for three rounds doesn't have a clue what Mixed Martial Arts is about.

I didn't see the replay, I just saw Evans fall and looked clearly stunned on the ground, the camera angle wasn't the greatest.

The fight was ok, if you enjoy watching wrestling, I'm not a huge fan.

VN Store

Back