MMA Thread

Oh, and he did say that A. Silva does want to compete in non title fights with the likes of W. Silva, and Liddell. Although W. Silva might move down to 185 anyway.

Anderson actually cuts to 185 from around 210-215 pounds. He cuts a lot of weight. Franklin is the same way.

Irvin is a big hitter though. It could be a good fight. Irvin trains with Rampage.

Ricardo Almedia is Anderson's biggest threat at 185 other than Oushin Okami.

Anderson actually cuts to 185 from around 210-215 pounds. He cuts a lot of weight. Franklin is the same way.

Irvin is a big hitter though. It could be a good fight. Irvin trains with Rampage.

Ricardo Almedia is Anderson's biggest threat at 185 other than Oushin Okami.

His fight last year agains Marquardt, he cut from 205. I have no clue what he weighed before he cut for the Henderson fight. He very well could have been up to 215 but Silva is one of the guys who constantly trains cardio. Cote is Silva's biggest threat right now. Ricardo would get KOd before he could get Silva to the ground. Silva is good at BJJ as well.

Watching the first match now, T. Griffin must be very active in the bedroom because he has CondomDepot.com on his shorts.

That was the most amazingly awful decision I think I have ever seen in MMA. There is absolutely no way Forrest won that fight.

That was the most amazingly awful decision I think I have ever seen in MMA. There is absolutely no way Forrest won that fight.

I though it would either be a draw or Forrest in a close decision, no way did I see it 49-46

even Rampage said in the post fight interview that he got whipped

I dunno man, maybe I saw it differently, but other than the leg kicks in the first two rounds and the takedown, it looked like Rampage's fight. Even the first round when Forrest was landing kicks Rampage looked like he controlled.

the best fight of the night was josh koscheck and chris lytle. as a matter of fact that might be the best fight that ive ever seen period.

Forrest won every round except for round 1. He probably got scored 10-8 in round 2 as well. He DEFINATELY won the fight, dictated the action, was more agressive, and put Jackson in more situations to lose than Jackson put him.

Griffin really had a great gameplan of taking Jackson's punching power out of the equation by weakening the legs, cutting off the ring, elbows inside during the flurries of punches that they had, and then moving away. WONDERFUL fight.

Wylie, I like horror movies too, but Kos/Lytle qualifies as a Good fight (with a LOT of blood), not a Great one.

let's see....(dawson, feel free to add to this list, as we can help direct people toward these masterpieces)

I think most if not all of these are available on Youtube...

Jens Pulver v. Urijah Faber, 2008
BJ Penn v. Jens Pulver 1, 2002
Nick Diaz v. Takanori Gomi, 2007
Matt Hughes v. BJ Penn 2, 2006
Forrest Griffin v. Stephan Bonnar, 2005
Scott Smith v. Pete Sell, 2006 (best Finish ever)
Fedor v. "big" Nogueira, 2003

Those are just the "top of my head" picks....I know I'm forgetting 20 better fights.

Forrest won every round except for round 1. He probably got scored 10-8 in round 2 as well. He DEFINATELY won the fight, dictated the action, was more agressive, and put Jackson in more situations to lose than Jackson put him.

Griffin really had a great gameplan of taking Jackson's punching power out of the equation by weakening the legs, cutting off the ring, elbows inside during the flurries of punches that they had, and then moving away. WONDERFUL fight.

If he was scored 10-8 in the second, Rampage won more than the fourth.
Forrest did NOT win the fifth, it was a draw at best for him.
Rampage should have won the fourth (I believe) as well because he scored a takedown and multiple punches.

At best for Forrest, that fight should have been a draw.

If he was scored 10-8 in the second, Rampage won more than the fourth.
Forrest did NOT win the fifth, it was a draw at best for him.
Rampage should have won the fourth (I believe) as well because he scored a takedown and multiple punches.

At best for Forrest, that fight should have been a draw.

When Quinton took down Forrest, it was actually a take down attempt by Forrest, not Rampage. Forrest went for a leg sweep and got off balance and fell. Secondly, Forrest was able to scramble and get back to his feet and take the fight to Rampage again. Forrest was a more dominate overall fighter last night. Again, if they were to fight again, I would pick Jackson because of his KO power, but Forrest proved how much he has improved in the last year or so.

Wylie, I like horror movies too, but Kos/Lytle qualifies as a Good fight (with a LOT of blood), not a Great one.

let's see....(dawson, feel free to add to this list, as we can help direct people toward these masterpieces)

I think most if not all of these are available on Youtube...

Jens Pulver v. Urijah Faber, 2008
BJ Penn v. Jens Pulver 1, 2002
Nick Diaz v. Takanori Gomi, 2007
Matt Hughes v. BJ Penn 2, 2006
Forrest Griffin v. Stephan Bonnar, 2005
Scott Smith v. Pete Sell, 2006 (best Finish ever)
Fedor v. "big" Nogueira, 2003

Those are just the "top of my head" picks....I know I'm forgetting 20 better fights.

Randy Couture vs. Kevin Randleman 2000
Royce Gracie vs. K.Sakuraba 2000 (Probably the greatest fight of all time. 1 1/2 hours.
Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg I think it was in nt 05 but cant remember off the top of my head.
Frank Mir vs Tim Silvia People probably dont consider this a great fight but it was classic to see Frank at the top of his game before his accident. He broke Tim's arm and just destroyed him.
GSP vs BJ Penn 2006. Should have let them go 5 rounds

When Quinton took down Forrest, it was actually a take down attempt by Forrest, not Rampage. Forrest went for a leg sweep and got off balance and fell. Secondly, Forrest was able to scramble and get back to his feet and take the fight to Rampage again. Forrest was a more dominate overall fighter last night. Again, if they were to fight again, I would pick Jackson because of his KO power, but Forrest proved how much he has improved in the last year or so.

Fair points, and I can agree on one thing, Forrest is only getting better.

Fair points, and I can agree on one thing, Forrest is only getting better.

Here is something else to think about. Frank Mir made this point in the Faber Pulver fight even though the winner was obvious.
If a fight is real close, there still is a winner and loser in each round. The fight as a total might be really close, but if you do just a little bit more in each round, then you can have a UD.

VN Store

Back