MMA Thread

Ultimate Fight Night fellas.... Tonight on SPIKE at 8:00 and replay to follow.

Absolutely....I'm already 2 beers deep and getting set up to watch it as we speak.

Anybody know if Spike has HD? I can watch the WEC fights on "Versus/Golf" (I have Comcast) but haven't found anything for Spike.

CB should know better than that.

You are taught at a VERY young age in wrestling to keep your elbows in, and have "short arms" to avoid getting your elbow caught, which often leads to a roll and reversal, or a throw.

this is TWICE now that he's left that arm out there lazily-and Amir tried to take it home with him. Great job by Amir.

CB should know better than that.

You are taught at a VERY young age in wrestling to keep your elbows in, and have "short arms" to avoid getting your elbow caught, which often leads to a roll and reversal, or a throw.

this is TWICE now that he's left that arm out there lazily-and Amir tried to take it home with him. Great job by Amir.

Amir is going to be another Forrest, unassuming but just a flat out good fighter.

why dont you think Forrest is good, emain?

btw, do you think CB's upper lip points straight up because he has got hit so many times or what?

Absolutely....I'm already 2 beers deep and getting set up to watch it as we speak.

Anybody know if Spike has HD? I can watch the WEC fights on "Versus/Golf" (I have Comcast) but haven't found anything for Spike.

DirecTV has Spike HD. I doubt Comcast does though.

why dont you think Forrest is good, emain?

btw, do you think CB's upper lip points straight up because he has got hit so many times or what?

I think Forrest is great, I just think Rampage is far and away the best fighter in that division. I like both fighters though so I won't mind seeing either of them win, I just think Rampage is better. Now if Forrest connects with a kick like he landed on that door in Ultimate Fighter, Rampage may be in trouble. Then again, Rampage probably has quicker reflexes than the door

As for CB, I dunno, I guess God looked into the future and said "man this guy is an a-hole, I'm gonna make him look funny"

I think Forrest is great, I just think Rampage is far and away the best fighter in that division. I like both fighters though so I won't mind seeing either of them win, I just think Rampage is better. Now if Forrest connects with a kick like he landed on that door in Ultimate Fighter, Rampage may be in trouble. Then again, Rampage probably has quicker reflexes than the door

As for CB, I dunno, I guess God looked into the future and said "man this guy is an a-hole, I'm gonna make him look funny"

Way to many GREAT fighters in this class to make that statement.

Rampage is stronger and punches harder than FG. Rampage doesnt do well with fighters who attack him straight on like FG will probably do. Also, I give chin and heart to FG. Rampage however is much more experienced.
Rampage will win by KO and I doubt this fight goes to the ground at all. If it does, it will be classice g'n'p.

I havent heard anything about this. I will check my sources and get back to everyone.

The Liddell/Silva fight was rumored weeks ago for UFC 88 in Atlanta. The rumor's dead now because Liddell is fighting Rashad Evans.

Silva is moving up to 205 for his next fight though...so, a possible date with the Ice Man could be in the works down the road.

The Liddell/Silva fight was rumored weeks ago for UFC 88 in Atlanta. The rumor's dead now because Liddell is fighting Rashad Evans.

Silva is moving up to 205 for his next fight though...so, a possible date with the Ice Man could be in the works down the road.

Checked my sources. Silva isnt moving up anytime soon to 205. I would like to see it but dont see it happening anytime soon.

psst...Dawson, Anderson is fighting James Irvin at 205 on July 19th at a special UFN.

They're running that card specifically to run against the massive Affliction card (Fedor/Sylvia, Barnett/Rizzo, Arlovski/Rothwell) that same night.

psst...Dawson, Anderson is fighting James Irvin at 205 on July 19th at a special UFN.

They're running that card specifically to run against the massive Affliction card (Fedor/Sylvia, Barnett/Rizzo, Arlovski/Rothwell) that same night.

My source said they are fighting at 185. I know it even says it on the UFC website that it is at 205. He has been wrong before but I trust my source on this one. If they do fight at 205, then I was wrong. Yeah, great business decision to run a free card on Spike to kill any PPV for Affliction.

They talked about it on the TUF finale Saturday night and he is moving up. Dana said he wants to move up to prove himself. Obviously hes going to fight someone who isnt a huge threat first to see how he handles the weight class before he goes after the big boys.

Ok, here is the deal. I had lunch with my source today. He called A. Silvas conditioning coach. Here is what went down and my source (I will just call him CP) was sortof wrong.

Wanderlei Silva was the one who was supposed to have this fight but he decided he didnt want to because of the turn around time from the Jardine fight. Anderson Silva took this fight instead. It was originally supposed to be a non title fight at 185. Irvine walks around around 220 and cuts to 205 vs the 235 to 205 cuts of Liddell, Jackson, Griffin, and the likes.
A. Silva cuts from around 200 to 185 so he might actually be under the 205 mark for this fight.
The actual reason for this was that Anderson didnt have time to cut down to 185 and Irvin was already training to lose to 205. Should be interesting.
On another note, CP called Cote's trainer (they are working at Coulters Gym right now I believe in Vegas). If Cote wins, he should be next in line for a title shot. Would love to see that fight.

VN Store

Back