MMA Thread

Dawson, that's something I'm still not real clear on...

I've heard some people talk about the 4th round of that fight being a 10-10....are they stupid? or does that ever happen?

I know you could have a 9-9 with a deduction (Tito/Rashad) but I don't think I've ever seen a 10-10.

EDIT: I stand corrected, and (as usual) Wikipedia owns me.

Last edited:
Dawson, that's something I'm still not real clear on...

I've heard some people talk about the 4th round of that fight being a 10-10....are they stupid? or does that ever happen?

I know you could have a 9-9 with a deduction (Tito/Rashad) but I don't think I've ever seen a 10-10.

I know you didn't ask me, but 10-10 can happen. If the round is even, both fighters receive 10 points. It's just rare that you'll see rounds scored even.

As a matter of fact, one judge scored Koscheck v. Lytle 30-28...so that judge scored one of the rounds 10-10.

Again, it's rare...but you'll see it from time to time.

Yeah a 10-10 can happen. It is VERY rare. In fact, a lot of judges wont rule a draw round and and declare a winner of a round.

There is a judge named Cecil Peoples who scores 10-10 a lot more than everyone else it seems. When you are watching a fight, if you hear his name, be prepared for some weird score if it come to a decision.

Yep, Cecil Peoples was behind the Bisping-Hamill screwup, If I remember correctly.

Dawson, do you still train? I'm starting to feel the "itch" again (therapy is starting to work for my neck) and think that I'd like to get into some type of sub grappling. I still wrestle a couple times a week, but have ZERO desire to ever have to throw (or receive) a punch.

also, it seems that ADCC holds a lot of events at different ages and levels, which appeals to me.

I started to train again about 6 months ago. My record back in the day was 7-1 and I have been itching as well to maybe fight 1 or 2 more times. My new fiance wont like it though. It is a compromise for me to train right now. I might get into some some submission tournaments at some point but I get pissed when I just train for that because I want to punch or knee somebody ha ha. Its probably a good thing I dont compete anymore because I only train 2 days a week and these young cats out there now train 8 hours a day every day.
I will be in Vegas at the end of July and will work out in Randy Coulture's gym when I am out there. Hoping I get to meet Forrest there too.

Rampage out of the UFC?

Arrested after a 5 minute pursuit.

So now the question is does Dana White, who flew to Cali to bail him out, stick to his guns and kick him out like he did Jesse on TUF? I doubt it since Rampage is one of their biggest stars but man this is bad.

jackson_rampage_arrest_cour_400.jpg

Why the hell would you flee the scene of a crime, if the car you're driving has a life-size picture of you painted on it?

There is a rumor that he was on pain pills and a little "high." I hope so for his sake because he will have a defense. Very sad story.

I read he had to be hospitalized again today, he isnt very mentally strong, what he should be doing is training and watching some tape.

I found this photoshopped pic and I got to share it.

Attachments

• duuurpos6.jpg
    duuurpos6.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2
On a different note, UFC 87 is on spike TV tonight.
It's free with Anderson Silva defending his 185lb title.
Should be interesting.

Should be interesting.

The UFC event pales in comparison to the Affliction card tonight.

I'll be watching both though.

Should be interesting.

dude, a little research before you post never hurt anybody.

UFC 87 is August 9th, in Minneapolis. GSP-Fitch, Huerta-Florian, and Lesnar-Herring.

Tonight is simply an Ultimate Fight Night, just for Spike TV (and, really, just to have something to run against the Affliction card).

If you'd even WATCHED THE COMMERCIALS, you'd know that Anderson Silva is moving up to the 205 class (just because he can) to fight James Irvin. Since the fight is at 205, the 185 pound belt is obviously not on the line.

The more interesting fight will be Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca at Lightweight.

I personally plan on finding a good live net feed for Affliction, and catching the UFN live. should be good watchin'.

UFC 87 is August 9th, in Minneapolis. GSP-Fitch, Huerta-Florian, and Lesnar-Herring.

Tonight is simply an Ultimate Fight Night, just for Spike TV (and, really, just to have something to run against the Affliction card).

If you'd even WATCHED THE COMMERCIALS, you'd know that Anderson Silva is moving up to the 205 class (just because he can) to fight James Irvin. Since the fight is at 205, the 185 pound belt is obviously not on the line.

The more interesting fight will be Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca at Lightweight.

I personally plan on finding a good live net feed for Affliction, and catching the UFN live. should be good watchin'.

Silva holds the title in the 185 lb class, so I assumed he would be fighting at the weight. That's not hard to understand.

Last edited:

what web feed did you find for affliction

VN Store

Back