MMA Thread

Yep, unreal. Sylvia was not prepared for that kind of hand speed at ALL.

Then, when McCarthy asked who he wanted to fight next, thought for a minute and said "somethinginRussian SomethinginRussian Ran-dee Couture"

Hey everyone. I didnt watch the UFC SpikeTV card and decided to watch the AB PPV fight.
Fedor proved that he is the best heavyweight. I see a fight with him and AA soon. Dana White will never let RC out of his contract and Fedor would destroy Randy anyway. Randy is past his prime. I wouldnt mind seeing Brock Lesner decide to leave UFC after his contract runs out. Can you imagine seeing BL fight Fedor after BL has about 2 more fights under his belt and gets more experience in BJJ.

Wow, word is that BJ Penn wants to fight T.Gomi. Dont know how this will happen but could be an early 2009 fight. Gomi has a fight in late August I believe so we will see if something can be worked out.

BJ can't possibly think that this is a better rematch for him than GSP....

He's already beaten Gomi. Some will say he beat GSP, but not officially. (best line ever--"he went to the hospital, and I went to the bar")

he won't make NEARLY as much money with a Gomi fight as he will with GSP.

I can't get over the fact that Gomi lost to both Marcus Aurelio AND Nick Diaz, who I don't think could beat BJ combined.

I just don't get this.....maybe BJ wants out of the UFC after he's basically beaten the only LW that had a shot (Sherk)?

I would like to see the Penn-GSP fight as well. Penn has the ability to hold both titles. The only thing that would be really exciting is if Faber moves up in weight and enters the UFC. He is dominate in the WEC. I just dont see the best depth at lightweight in the UFC.

With that said, what is the 3 fights that you would like to see. Take out the GSP-Fitch fight because that will be good.

Faber and Huerta, possibly. I don't know if Huerta can beat Florian, but here's hoping. Huerta won't beat BJ if he does get through KenFlo.

Arlovski and Fedor, but I bet that happens in October.

and, obviously, I'd LOVE to see a series between BJ, GSP, and Anderson Silva at 178 or so (AS has made that before).

Dawson, what do you think of the BJ/Machida fight back in the day?

I can't decide if that result was because Machida isn't THAT good (I'm not a Lyoto fan at all--he bores me) or if that proves that BJ is, in fact, what would happen if Chuck Norris and Bob Sanders had a kid.

I mean, Machida should have been able to stop a freaking Lightweight. But if a motivated BJ really is the baddest thing walking....

I can do this all night--it'll keep me awake.

Who do you think gets a title shot at Griffin first Firebird, The Axe murderer or Chuck? I know Liddell has to take care of business against Evans, who do you see getting the next shot

I honestly don't know. Chuck would actually make sense now, since he and Forrest would draw BIG money, and if he beat Forrest, it sets up a big rematch with Wanderlei.

If the Wanderlei that fought Jardine is back for good, watch the hell out.

Machida will get a shot within a fight or 2 if he gets past Thiago Silva.

We have yet to see what Shogun Rua can really do, if he is for real now that he's off the juice. (yeah, I said it. most of the PRIDE guys were on the gas. now they aren't, and it shows.)

and there's this other guy named Jackson......

until I hear the words "my black ass is retired" come out of Rampage's mouth, he's not done. he's gonna get some help, do some community service, and be back.

Id like to see em load up a PPV card with light Heavyweight matches

Griffin vs Liddell

Wanderlei vs Machida

Jackson vs Shogun

Reljic vs Thiago

As awesome as that would be, Dana knows that he can make more money by putting one or two of those matchups on every PPV, or even giving away the occasional one on a UFN.

don't get me excited by mentioning Wanderlei and Machida--I'd pay double to watch Machida get the same curb-stomping that Jardine received.

don't get me excited by mentioning Wanderlei and Machida--I'd pay double to watch Machida get the same curb-stomping that Jardine received.

As much as I hate watching Machida fight, I also admire him. He is VERY good at what he does and at adapting Karate to MMA. The standup fighter has problems with him because he is so quick. The GnP fighter has a problem with even getting him into the clinch. Actually a better fight with Machida would be Anderson Silva.

I think that if Chuck wins against Evans, then he will get his title fight.

WS should have to win at least one, maybe two more fights, to get a title shot.

VFB--- BJ is the second baddest thing in MMA. Anderson Silva still has to be considered the best PFP fighter.

If BJ fights GSP and wins then he should jump AS as the best PFP fighter.

185 in the UFC isnt that deep or good.

VFB--- BJ is the second baddest thing in MMA. Anderson Silva still has to be considered the best PFP fighter.

If BJ fights GSP and wins then he should jump AS as the best PFP fighter.

185 in the UFC isnt that deep or good.

GSP > Matt Hughes > BJ

I have never watched MMA in my life. Is it hardcore?

Not really, it's really more open fighting with less rules. They are very few rules, hitting a down a opponent in the back of head and holding on to the cage are really the only ones I can think of offhand. But any style of marital arts can be used from wresting to BBJ.

VN Store

Back