MMA Thread

No way that Matt Hughes is better than BJ when BJ is motivated and has his head on straight.
Agreed. Much like Silva, BJ does things that make you scratch your head and wonder if you've had one too many beverages.

you bet. I'm thinking a repeat of GSP-Koscheck, nothing spectacular but a solid win nonetheless.

Herring and Lesnar could be a train wreck, and that'll be fun.

fight of the night will obviously be Florian-Huerta. I'm pulling for Huerta, but Florian is as solid as they come.

Huerta should win and so should GSP but Fitch SHOULD be tougher than people think.
It will be interesting to see how much Lesner has learned since he fought Mir. He is definately the stronger, meaner of the two. No one knows how his chin is though. Herring will come at him and hit him hard. All of that said, should be a win for Lesner. Word is that he has significantly improved his BJJ and also has worked on Mui Tai defense (mainly leg kick defense).

Id like to see Herring kick Lesnar like he kicked The Big Nog a while back, their third fight I believe. Herring has trouble with good wrestlers though and Brock will take care of business if he doesn't get over anxious.

And I will be watching, this is a pretty damn good card.

What happened in the Lesnar fight

Lesnar landed the first punch he threw...it knocked Herring down, and across the octagon.

Lesnar sat on him and beat on him for the next 14:55. Herring didn't land a single, noteworthy offensive move. It was a domination.

You can tell that Lesnar is still very, very raw. He doesn't really know what to do when he's in control...but he's a one-of-a-kind physical force who can overwhelm opponents with his strength. He punished Herring last night.

He's going to be the heavyweight champ in UFC at some point.

You can tell that Lesnar is still very, very raw. He doesn't really know what to do when he's in control...but he's a one-of-a-kind physical force who can overwhelm opponents with his strength. He punished Herring last night.

He's going to be the heavyweight champ in UFC at some point.

I want to see a Lesnar/Congo fight. I think it could be brutal.

GSP established himself as either #1 or #2 best pfp fighter on Saturday. The UFCs biggest fight card ever would be a GSP-Penn matchup. 5 rounds.

I don't think GSP wants any part of BJ right now. That said, GSP was fantastic on Saturday night.

I don't think GSP wants any part of BJ right now. That said, GSP was fantastic on Saturday night.

I disagree. One mark on GSPs resume is a decision vs Penn in which most people thought Penn won. He definately wants to avenge that. Penn would fight up for that fight.

5 rounds, I cant say who would win. If it goes to the ground, BJ has an advantage. Standing up, GSP is better. I didnt think GSP would give Fitch that bad of a beating but I was wrong so this match up could be a DREAM fight.

VN Store

Back