'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

Is there any reason to go to Mizzou for him other than NIL? It seems like this is like when we got Shy Tuttle or McKenzie in 2015. Just delaying the inevitable firing of a below-average coach. Mizzou was at their apex when they won the east a couple of times, with a down UT, UGA and UF. With the expansion of the conference, they are like the 14th or 15th strongest program, depending on whether you rate them as better than Miss St.
i don’t think those are similar at all. When we landed that ‘15 class we were absolutely on the rise. Obviously we didn’t know what Butch was going to be, but going into that 2015 and 2016 year, the hype was absolutely unreal. Hook line and sinker…but it was fun while it lasted

I don’t think it is for him. He needed the money, he gets it right away at Missouri, he likely gets on the field early at Missouri as well, he gets to get more money in the portal and go wherever he wants in a year or two and get developed for the nfl.
So what you're saying is Mizzou is a farm team?

No apparently in state recruits can sign a financial aid agreement with the school on Sept. 1 and start getting paid NIL monies. The language in the NIL contract can tie NIL to the school per state law which is basically pay-to-play. Not sure how it will fly but I guess we shall see.

With that said, nothing is stopping the recruit from signing with another school. I would assume they would forfeit all future payments and would have to repay any money they already received if they sign with another school.

Ultimately, it's a 4 month headstart for NIL if a kid is an early enrollee.
And the original comment denotes just the difference in time. But how big is that NIL check? What if it’s large? What if it’s all at once? He could take it and buy a 4 month treasury and earn money on it before ultimately making a decision. There’s a lot of reasons him being able to cash in earlier could be a good decision, and many of them might not even entail actually going to that school in the end.

So what you're saying is Mizzou is a farm team?
Why couldn't he he just take the front-end NIL money as payment and then not sign his national letter of intent. There is no rule that says you have to sign a NLI. You can just sign the financial aid agreement and show up somewhere in January 2024 (us or UGA). It probably would burn some bridges in his home-state, but he could do it if he wanted to.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I low key hate Oklahoma.

confused-what.gif

Why couldn't he he just take the front-end NIL money as payment and then not sign his national letter of intent. There is no rule that says you have to sign a NLI. You can just sign the financial aid agreement and show up somewhere in January 2024 (us or UGA). It probably would burn some bridges in his home-state, but he could do it if he wanted to.
Kind of what was suggested Nico could do when he supposedly got that upfront money.

Doubt it. If they were going to it make sense for him to do it by sept 1, which I don’t see happening based on what’s been reported about how far his recruitment will go.

I agree.

I’m just being petty. But at the same time, wouldn’t be surprised.

VN Store

Back