'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

They were in that game and at times we couldn't stop them. I think it's delusional to think it's an easy win nothing to worry about.
You do know why the game is 4 quarters right? So that we can end up scoring 38 points in the second half and win 66-24. Quality depth is a difference maker. Our biggest weakness against the elite teams the last 10 years

The TN Legislature is going to have to amend our state NIL laws to meet what MO is doing now.

I’m not an attorney but Not sure this law could stand up if seriously challenged. It does appear to limit a persons options & restrict other states from competing with Missouri schools.

Reactions: Voluble2
Honestly, i feel like the money he would get at OU UT or UGA would’ve been in the 500k range (?).

If it was the money between now and January..he can’t survive for 4 months and not sacrifice the coaching, development and winning he would get at a better school than Missouri? Sounds like a dumb move

You do know why the game is 4 quarters right? So that we can end up scoring 38 points in the second half and win 66-24. Quality depth is a difference maker. Our biggest weakness against the elite teams the last 10 years
And they have improved greatly from the year before last to last year. Their issues were depth related as well.

To go into that game expecting an easy win is delusional. We thought the same thing last year against South Carolina last year and look where it got us.

And they have improved greatly from the year before last to last year. Their issues were depth related as well.

To go into that game expecting an easy win is delusional. We thought the same thing last year against South Carolina last year and look where it got us.

Yes, their 40th or so ranked classes oughta help them build amazing depth.

Honestly, I can't fathom being even slightly worried about mizzou when we've beaten them by an average of 40 points over the past couple of seasons.

That’s what i was implying. We’re beating them handily recently, depth being a big reason. I’m never thinking we’re just going to sleep walk through a game and win it (Georgia State). But Heupel has created a much different team and culture than we’ve had since the 90s. Granted, it’s not perfect. But we are so far ahead of Missouri and Drinkwitz.

Their issues are** depth related, among many others.

Reactions: hooter vol
OU fans saying Mizzou ponied up $700k per year for Williams Nwaneri fwiw

-AP
Wonder if it's 700k starting today because I don't know many 17 year old kids who would want to wait. Especially if they have family to involve in the said decision of the money.

And the original comment denotes just the difference in time. But how big is that NIL check? What if it’s large? What if it’s all at once? He could take it and buy a 4 month treasury and earn money on it before ultimately making a decision. There’s a lot of reasons him being able to cash in earlier could be a good decision, and many of them might not even entail actually going to that school in the end.

Late as hell and I see he committed to Missouri so all mute points.

I agree and all of that could be true. It would be horrible business wise for them to pay all or even majority upfront. Plus their NIL offer can be tied to him attending Missouri per their state law.

We'll see if he actually signs and I would imagine the number was hefty. I don't knock the kid for making a business decision though.

OU fans saying Mizzou ponied up $700k per year for Williams Nwaneri fwiw

-AP

Wow that's alot for a d-line guy, assuming thats true. I disagree with AP that the 4 month worth of payments now is what push this to Mizzou. I'm willing to bet they double the offer of any other program.

Honestly, i feel like the money he would get at OU UT or UGA would’ve been in the 500k range (?).

If it was the money between now and January..he can’t survive for 4 months and not sacrifice the coaching, development and winning he would get at a better school than Missouri? Sounds like a dumb move

Depends on his family's financial situation, that extra 200k helps immediately..

Reactions: Big Orange#1
I would take a pay raise and an earlier start date as well. Good luck to the kid against all conference foes but us.

Just moments ago completed watching THE COLOR ORANGE, the Condredge Holloway story on the SEC Network AGAIN. Times have changed, but the application of priorities has not. As long as this kid did it within the rules and followed his heart so be it. Condredge turned down legal baseball money to be a VOL.... sometimes you cannot simply apply logic and take a righteous stand. Need a whole lot more info to make a valid analysis. Let's go find some MORE guys that WANT to be VOLS when all the cards are on the table.

VN Store

Back