More Climate BS...

That seems far too recent. I would have guessed much further back than that.

85Sugar.I can't say with total conviction that man is responsible for global warming, but evidence points that way. Can it be reversed, I doubt it. If we are responsible can it be stopped or slowed down, maybe. But what is so wrong with preserving the environment? Passing on to future generations what we have enjoyed. Been so many years since we've has multiple heavy snows(that I do know) haven't been able to walk across Bullrun creek since teenager.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
85Sugar.I can't say with total conviction that man is responsible for global warming, but evidence points that way. Can it be reversed, I doubt it. If we are responsible can it be stopped or slowed down, maybe. But what is so wrong with preserving the environment? Passing on to future generations what we have enjoyed. Been so many years since we've has multiple heavy snows(that I do know) haven't been able to walk across Bullrun creek since teenager.
There is nothing wrong with observing that Earth’s climate changes.
There is nothing wrong with investigating where we are in the next cycle.

But it was here before man, and it will be here after man. And man is not going to stop it.

So I reject those that seek increased control (taxes, regulations, bans, etc) under the guise of “doing something”.

But it was here before man, and it will be here after man. And man is not going to stop it.

So I reject those that seek increased control (taxes, regulations, bans, etc) under the guise of “doing something”.
You have my respect

No clear cut data to back up his claims that climate change leads to a national security issue.
He's a puppet on squawk patrol just repeating what he hears all his other Dems friends say.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
what mechanism did they use way back?
Oh I honestly don’t know.

But if you told me that the Ancient Greeks were taking temperature measurements, I would say that sounds plausible.

But the point is not whether it was 500 years ago or 2000 years ago. The point is that either “start time” represents the blink of an eye.

But if you told me that the Ancient Greeks were taking temperature measurements, I would say that sounds plausible.

But the point is not whether it was 500 years ago or 2000 years ago. The point is that either “start time” represents the blink of an eye.
i wasnt being argumentative just curious

Once you accept that the sun drives the earth's temperature, then it's all over for the climate change crowd. They're trying to change the wrong body.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Once you accept that the sun drives the earth's temperature, then it's all over for the climate change crowd. They're trying to change the wrong body.
Brandon is going to build a space based hydrant in geosychronous orbit with 20000 miles of water hosing to cool the sun.

Reactions: EasternVol and AM64
what mechanism did they use way back?

There is also the strong possibility of measurement bias. Many of the older temperature monitoring stations are being overtaken by civilization; so where a temperature was once in a fairly isolated pasture, it may now be surrounded by a concrete heat island. I also recall that ocean temperatures were measured in the past by ships when they pulled in ocean water for onboard use ... and by some scattered weather buoys, and now the measurements are being done by satellite.

Still as you point out, it's basically all irrelevant. Man hasn't been around long enough to develop a significant baseline, and all the other stuff is extrapolation and guess. It's sounds like the extrapolation and guess are highly tampered to obtain the politically correct bias ... there has to be a problem so liberals can save the day with a lot of spending and totalitarianism.

There is also the strong possibility of measurement bias. Many of the older temperature monitoring stations are being overtaken by civilization; so where a temperature was once in a fairly isolated pasture, it may now be surrounded by a concrete heat island. I also recall that ocean temperatures were measured in the past by ships when they pulled in ocean water for onboard use ... and by some scattered weather buoys, and now the measurements are being done by satellite.

Still as you point out, it's basically all irrelevant. Man hasn't been around long enough to develop a significant baseline, and all the other stuff is extrapolation and guess. It's sounds like the extrapolation and guess are highly tampered to obtain the politically correct bias ... there has to be a problem so liberals can save the day with a lot of spending and totalitarianism.
Most people in power like the idea of more power.

This is all nothing more than a push for increased control.

“The earliest thermal instruments were developed during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. These simple instruments were constructed so as to trap air in glass tubes with the open end of the tube submersed in a reservoir of water. These open thermometers were termed thermoscopes.”

also

A short history of measuring temperature

This is 100 percent true. All of it.

Reactions: AM64

I believe that it was in 2015ish that we had 5 winter storms in a row containing Freezing rain, sleet, and snow. You can probably find it some where in the National Weather Service archives. It was very cold, and my gutters were nearly torn off the house because they filled with sleet, and then the glacier of snow and ice started sliding off my roof at a glacier like speed. Oh don't worry, it'll happen again! Maybe this year. There are also 30 year and 50 year oscillations that greatly affect winter weather patterns. For example, we haven't seen blocking highs over Greenland in the last few years. Those tend to sit in place and kink the jet stream down in the eastern half of the country, leading to long bitter cold snaps. That will return soon enough I'm sure.

I believe that it was in 2015ish that we had 5 winter storms in a row containing Freezing rain, sleet, and snow. You can probably find it some where in the National Weather Service archives. It was very cold, and my gutters were nearly torn off the house because they filled with sleet, and then the glacier of snow and ice started sliding off my roof at a glacier like speed. Oh don't worry, it'll happen again! Maybe this year. There are also 30 year and 50 year oscillations that greatly affect winter weather patterns. For example, we haven't seen blocking highs over Greenland in the last few years. Those tend to sit in place and kink the jet stream down in the eastern half of the country, leading to long bitter cold snaps. That will return soon enough I'm sure.
It just snowed in Africa for the first time in 10 years.

VN Store

Back