Most Dangerous Play I've Ever Seen

He definitely should be out at least the rest of the year. Rudolph isn't innocent in this either tho..

Probably correct but its a DE vs a QB, that the same as a man hitting a woman. The man correctly loses every single time. Ban him the rest of the season and put him on a non tolerance return.

He definitely should be out at least the rest of the year. Rudolph isn't innocent in this either tho..

This...but nobody is really talking about that. What Garrett did was inexcusable and way over the line. I think he should be suspended for the remainder of the year at a minimum. However, Rudolph pretty much provoked the whole incident by fighting with Garrett on the ground because he was apparently offended because he got tackled. It doesn't excuse Garrett escalating the situation to that level but Rudolph isn't clean here...at all.

This...but nobody is really talking about that. What Garrett did was inexcusable and way over the line. I think he should be suspended for the remainder of the year at a minimum. However, Rudolph pretty much provoked the whole incident by fighting with Garrett on the ground because he was apparently offended because he got tackled. It doesn't excuse Garrett escalating the situation to that level but Rudolph isn't clean here...at all.

Let's go back one more step. The sack should have been a penalty (per current rules) since MG intentionally drove MR to the ground.

MR definitely instigated to a degree but it was retaliation for being driven to the ground.

So yes, MR had a role but offsetting unsportsmanlike calls could have been made from the sack and MR's reaction. From there out MG lost his damn mind both in the vicious ripping off of the helmet and the use of the helmet as a weapon.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
Probably correct but its a DE vs a QB, that the same as a man hitting a woman. The man correctly loses every single time. Ban him the rest of the season and put him on a non tolerance return.
I do not agree with this statement. Women that start punching men deserve to get punched back. They want equality ya know.

Lame
Let's go back one more step. The sack should have been a penalty (per current rules) since MG intentionally drove MR to the ground.

MR definitely instigated to a degree but it was retaliation for being driven to the ground.

So yes, MR had a role but offsetting unsportsmanlike calls could have been made from the sack and MR's reaction. From there out MG lost his damn mind both in the vicious ripping off of the helmet and the use of the helmet as a weapon.
He wasn't driven to the ground. He was tackled. He was just acting like a bitch because he is a garbage QB and it showed all night. Then he chose to take out his frustration on Garrett and got his head busted with his own helmet.

Agreed. Garrett losing his damn mind is a good description. I don't know if it was a reflex or what the deal was.

Lame

He wasn't driven to the ground. He was tackled. He was just acting like a bitch because he is a garbage QB and it showed all night. Then he chose to take out his frustration on Garrett and got his head busted with his own helmet.

By NFL rules he was driven to the ground. The rest of your take explains why I'm not going to bother continuing this discussion.

By NFL rules he was driven to the ground. The rest of your take explains why I'm not going to bother continuing this discussion.
By driven to the ground do you mean he was pulled down on top of the defender? Because that is how it went. Pretty clean tackle actually. I would be interested in hearing what was being said on the field during all of that. There HAD to be some words exchanged between the two.

Lame

Dude, I'm neither a Browns nor Steelers fan, but the hit itself was late as hell. On top of that he kept doing that humping crap on the ground to the QB and wouldn't get off. QB had every right to react how he did. There's never an excuse to rip someone's helmet off and batter them with it.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
Dude, I'm neither a Browns nor Steelers fan, but the hit itself was late as hell. On top of that he kept doing that humping crap on the ground to the QB and wouldn't get off. QB had every right to react how he did. There's never an excuse to rip someone's helmet off and batter them with it.
No, he tackled him then immediately tried to get up, then Rudolph tried snatching his helmet off. Never said hitting him with a helmet was ok, but let's quit pretending like Rudolph didn't instigate the whole thing, then ran back up to attack him after they had been separated. Again, this whole thing stemmed from Rudolph acting like a bitch and throwing a little temper tantrum because he's garbage and stunk it up all night.

Reactions: UTwild82
No, he tackled him then immediately tried to get up, then Rudolph tried snatching his helmet off. Never said hitting him with a helmet was ok, but let's quit pretending like Rudolph didn't instigate the whole thing, then ran back up to attack him after they had been separated. Again, this whole thing stemmed from Rudolph acting like a bitch and throwing a little temper tantrum because he's garbage and stunk it up all night.

That's BS. Repeating it makes it no less BS.
The incident started when Garrett got away with a blatant late hit.

I'm neither a Browns nor Steelers fan, but Garrett should get his suspension lengthened to a year from yesterday.

Pouncey should get a medal. Too bad the refs didn't let him hammer in Garrett for another minute or two.

No, it wasn't a late hit. He hit Rudolph a split second after the ball was thrown. Watch the video. Not possible to avoid. He pulled Rudolph down on top of himself. Everything up until Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off was clean.

Reactions: UTwild82 and DNBVOL
He stunk it up so bad his team won? Come on.

If you've ever played any sport you know you can get into it with other players. It's part of almost any game. But if your mind goes to ripping a piece of equipment off and then thinking enough about it to try bludgeoning a dude with it, you belong nowhere near a field and probably don't belong in most parts of the general society. That's a major control issue.

Intent: Garrett’s intent clearly was to remove the helmet off of Rudolph by force then to use it as a weapon. Very possible Garrett could be in some legal trouble over this. If I’m Rudolph, I file a civil suit and press charges. I don’t back down from this. If the NFL doesn’t act, I file suit against them as well.
Seriously doubt that will happen as I’m pretty sure Rudolph would like to remain in the NFL as long as possible.

He stunk it up so bad his team won? Come on.

If you've ever played any sport you know you can get into it with other players. It's part of almost any game. But if your mind goes to ripping a piece of equipment off and then thinking enough about it to try bludgeoning a dude with it, you belong nowhere near a field and probably don't belong in most parts of the general society. That's a major control issue.
News alert...Steelers lost Einstein. Dude threw 4 picks and got sacked all night. LMAO. Hit the showers, you're done for the day. 😂🤣😂🤣

No, it wasn't a late hit. He hit Rudolph a split second after the ball was thrown. Watch the video. Not possible to avoid. He pulled Rudolph down on top of himself. Everything up until Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off was clean.

The hit itself wasn't late. However the holding on to him and pulling him down was well behind the play. Was not clean and was unneccesary.

Reactions: NashVol11
Rudolph’s actions were understandable. He was tackled after he threw the ball and Garrett had him a bear hug in the ground and was not letting him up. Rudolph only tried to get Garrett off him.

Rudolph was hit late and Garrett had him on the ground in a bear hug and was not letting him up. I see nothing wrong with what Rudolph did.

VN Store

Back