MTG Calls for Red State Secession

I don’t know. Let me ask you this, why would the federal government be dead set on keeping people that no longer want to be citizens?

I'm not part of the federal government. I live in TN. Just because you are eaten up with the fact that not everybody agrees with you doesn't mean I should have to move or become a citizen of a different country. How do you want Secession to work? Simple majority of Sumner county?

You're a businessman. You know damn well that you breaching a contract, doesn't just always involve getting "worked out."
You're ignoring that the federal government "breached" said contract a long time ago. That's how it has amassed the power it now has.

This is the mechanism.

R.9ffbbd892fbef03b73b590d15a7402cf

It is a power not delegated to the United States (federal government), nor is it prohibited in the Constitution; therefore, it is a right reserved to the States.
Still nothing about secession there.

The Guarantee Clause requires the United States to guarantee to the states a republican form of government, and provide protection from foreign invasion and domestic violence. Although rarely formally invoked by Congress, the President, or the courts, there is some consensus on what it means.

Immigration
What about political statehood imported campaign violence..

And you were simply stating that they’re not exactly the same?
Correct. They’re very different. Same way I don’t see leaving a treaty as seceding from a country.

Rather than that you find one more acceptable than the other?
That’s subjective.

I’ll be honest, I truly don’t believe that. Because if it’s true, there’s not point in initially pointing out they’re different unless you believe those differences impact if one is more/less acceptable than the other
There’s a world of difference. One might involve a civil war. The other involves a heads up.

Correct. They’re very different. Same way I don’t see leaving a treaty as seceding from a country.

That’s subjective.

There’s a world of difference. One might involve a civil war. The other involves a heads up.

Why would it involve a war?

Why wouldn’t it? It did the last time? And most times. Of course, it’s possible that it doesn’t, but it normally does.

Why wouldn’t it? Because the residents of the other 49 states should understand that our union is one of mutual agreement.

Is that not what the US is? A union of mutual agreement between 50 states. So if one state no longer agrees, it is their right to leave.

Would you have supported EU invasions into the UK for the great crime of leaving?

I'm not part of the federal government. I live in TN. Just because you are eaten up with the fact that not everybody agrees with you doesn't mean I should have to move or become a citizen of a different country. How do you want Secession to work? Simple majority of Sumner county?

I don’t want secession it most likely would be a disaster and end in armed conflict. I’m just arguing that there is nothing in the constitution preventing it.

Reactions: McDad
Why wouldn’t it? Because the residents of the other 49 states should understand that our union is one of mutual agreement.

Is that not what the US is? A union of mutual agreement between 50 states. So if one state no longer agrees, it is their right to leave.
Okay. Just get everyone to agree on that then, and there won’t be a war.

Would you have supported EU invasions into the UK for the great crime of leaving?
Of course not. The UK was an independent country that followed the provisions allowed by the EU to leave the bloc.

The glorious USC.. Best mechanism of government ever devised. Imperfect yet Magnificent and led to the greatest civilization. ever devised. And why exceptional

Okay. Just get everyone to agree on that then, and there won’t be a war.

Of course not. The UK was an independent country that followed the provisions allowed by the EU to leave the bloc.

So you are okay with killing members of states for leaving but not of countries?

You seem to have no problem with the UK leaving peacefully but seem very conflicted about a state doing the same.

So you are okay with killing members of states for leaving but not of countries?

You seem to have no problem with the UK leaving peacefully but seem very conflicted about a state doing the same.
There you go again.

And to be clear, I think the UK leaving was stupid. But they certainly had the legal right to.

VN Store

Back